restaurants in Waikiki

Old Oct 19th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
restaurants in Waikiki

Any suggestions for eating out in Waikiki? We have a continental breakfast at the hotel (Aqua Resort), and I've read here that St Germaines Bakery is a must! How about evening dining. Nothing expensive, but good value for our money,(three women).
Thank you everyone. This forum has been very helpful.
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 08:52 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Yes, both Food Pantry (grocery) and St Germaines bakery on Kuhio are both good resources.

Don't overlook the ABC Stores for ready-made lunches you can take to the park or the beach (very reasonable). Or snacks or drinks for the hotel room to keep costs down.

Arancino's italian cafe on BeachWalk is terrific (~$25 per person with a drink) for dinner.

Blue Water Shrimp & Seafood Co. shrimp truck parked on Kuhio between Launiu and Laiolu has excellent fresh plates for ~$12. Open 10-10.

Tiki Bar & Grill or the Barefoot Bar at Hale Koa (opposite ends of Waikiki beach) are both good for happy hour.

Ono Hawaiian Foods, Irifune, or Kapahulu Chop Suey are 3 fun reasonably-priced places on Kapahululu Ave. (up near the golf course) for local styled food.

In the mood for Mexican, we had a couple good dinners at two different locations of La Cucaracha.

Hy's steak house was very nice for a fancier meal.

Old Oct 19th, 2008, 08:59 AM

Try Caffe Latte for dinner. Leonard's Bakery for their donuts
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 09:46 AM

The Shorebird is fun, and there are coupons all over for it. The ones we saw were buy one meal and get the 2nd for 50% off.

The Barefoot Bar at the Hale Koa is good and they have live music at times. Their happy hour food comes from Bibas, which is also part of the hotel and is good. The Barefoot Bar is open to everyone, even though the rest of the hotel is for Hale Koa (military) guests only. But you can order the happy hour food at the bar so if you want a light dinner in a fun setting, that is a good way to go.

Old Oct 19th, 2008, 09:50 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Plus prices at Barefoot Bar for cocktails are low compared to other places & best mai tais we had anywhere! Beautiful setting right off the beach.

I've seen/heard live music at happy hours over cocktails also at the courtyard restaurant at the Moana Surfrider hotel, and at the Sheraton Waikiki the beach-side terraced bar.

Old Oct 20th, 2008, 12:54 AM

When is your trip? Some restaurants are offering great deals right now (their slow season), like 50% off, buy one get one free, etc.
Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 08:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. We are leaving Oct. 24th ..tomorrow!!!
We are going on a cruise first, then staying in Waikiki for the second week. Too bad "Eggs and Things" is closed. I've heard great things about them.
Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 12:37 PM

Eggs and Things is moving to Saratoga across from the Post Office and right behind the coming Hard Rock Cafe.

I work in Waikiki around that mess. ugh!!

ShoreBird gets my vote along with the Hale Koa....both know how to treat ANY customer right! Not just those in designer clothes.

For a quick, good meal...Ezogiyku (sp?) around 2140 Kalakaua. This little japanese noodle shop is always packed with....Japanese! It's inexpensive, filling, fun, and darned good! all meals under $10!!!

Another opened in Royal Hawaiian....but you eat out of styrofoam (ugh and ouch to our island) and it's not as good.

Aloha!
Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 01:55 PM

Hello Maili_Lady:

Do you know when Eggs and Things will be opening on Saratoga?

We winter every year in Waikiki, and are always looking for a good breakfast place.

Sorry to hear you say that the construction mess is still going on. I wonder when, if ever, they will complete all the renovations, building, etc.

Mahalo.