Search

Treasure Hunters

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Treasure Hunters

Anyone watch this show tonight? I thought it was an Amazing Race copycat, it didn't grab me as much. Or maybe it's because Phil isn't around. Gosh I miss his voice! Anyone knows when the next Amazing Race is?
Old Jun 18th, 2006, 10:04 PM

Heard this show was a Amazing Race knockoff, next Amazing Race should start this fall.
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 08:20 AM

Ya know, I was really excited to watch this show because I thought it would capture what the Amazing Race (and I LOVE the AR)is lacking and that is~that the teams have to actually solve clues.....however, and maybe it is just because it is still new and we don't know everyone yet, but I like the Amazing Race better. So, I would say that I am a little disappointed so far.
But, I will say that the Wild Hanlons are a little off kilter, and hopefully will go soon, I don't think it will be too hard for them to lose! Don't really have a favortie team, guess I'll go for Air Force since I'm an AF brat!
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 08:47 AM

that show was a total disapointment! i was psyched and let down.
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Original Poster

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one that was disappointed. You have to admit the idea of searching for clues around the world was fun. My kids always sit with me to watch AR. With this new show, they were interested after seeing all the previews and hype, but walked away after the first commercial break.
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 01:29 PM

Oh, Treasure Hunters was such a substandard knock-off of AR. None of the groups were really likable - more often than not, they were intensely dislikable. And, no Phil.

Guess I will stick with AR on GSN until the fall season.
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 01:39 PM

I watched it last night and didn't think it was too bad. Of course I had heard nothing about it and had not seen it advertised-so no expectations. I just happened upon it after my husband finally pulled himself away from the golf channel (poor Phil).
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 02:41 PM

I'm hoping that it will grow on me as the season progresses. I too am an Amazing Race junky and this just doesn't replace it.

I will be interested to see how technology plays a part in the show. There certainly seemed to be a fair amount of it used last night.

I bet the AR racers would have loved to have those motor coaches from last night's episode!
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 04:07 AM

I thought it was awful. It all seemed staged to me. And the host --and that robotic delivery of his-- almost made me turn it off.
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 06:44 AM

It is better than the awful AR Family Edition.
AR doesn't become entertaining until you actually get to know the racers and their personalities. The host of Treasure Hunters is robotic but one could hardly call Phil on AR expressive and full of personality.
I predict that the Fogal's will become the team everyone will hate. Anyone who is a pastor but has no hesitation to lie and cheat to win is a complete hypocrite. The way the Fogal pastor father stole the clue while snorkeling from the team of women was despicable.
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 06:56 AM

Also, I found it amusing that the "Genius" team were so idiotic. They were the only team that misinterpreted the Mount Rushmore clue and went to the wrong place. This was after one of them stated that it was difficult for them to not act intelligent when they are so smart.
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 07:39 AM

I actually kind of enjoyed it. I didn't watch AR Family (it didn't hold my attention). What I liked most about THunters was when they paired two teams and made them work together. I hope they do that more as it seems to create interesting situations both personality and strategy wise.
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 09:44 AM

What channel is this show on? I looked for it, but couldn't find it.

Old Jun 20th, 2006, 10:47 AM

June 26th starts the regular day and time. http://www.nbc.com/nbc/header/TV_Sch...-20060626.html

Mulletman cracks me up - he's so sure with all his wrong answers.
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 11:19 AM

I am in the "didn't think it was so bad" group...I liked that for half a second til they gave you the answer, I could at least think what I would do or try and figure out the challenges, I was agast when the pastor took the clue from her, bad form in my opinion and amused when the "geniuses" took the wrong trek and once they got there STILL thought they were right, yikes...My favorite so far is ex-CIA..and the Wild Hanlons, funny, they leave no stone unturned, literally, I hate to say I think their days may be numbered, but who knows. The irony of them wearing shirts that said in huge letters ASK.com and they were struggling on how they could get help was humorous. Seems more about puzzle and location that team bickery like AR, just my opinion.....did any of you ever watch "THE MOLE"...of these types of shows it was my favorite because you could try and guess yourself, and Anderson Cooper of course....
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 04:51 PM

Wednesday, I LOVED the Mole. Wish that was still on. Didn't they end it mid season due to 9-11? I think they should bring that back for sure!
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 06:57 PM

I was a little bored with it but it might get better. I am not sure that Treasure Hunters will focus as much on locations as they will the clues. On AR I like that the roadblocks, etc usually tie into the culture of the location. Not so sure that this show will do that. But I am willing to give it a chance since there is not much else on during summer. I also think 2 hours was too long so maybe the one hour shows will be better.
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 08:58 PM

I liked Celebrity Mole. I especially liked the one with Tracy Gold in Mexico.
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 03:17 AM

vegasnative, yes, they just never brought it back...we will never know who it was that season
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 04:19 AM

2 seasons of The Mole with Anderson Cooper. Second season was pulled during regular run, but shown in summer.

Hmm, should I watch Treasure Hunters? Maybe I'll give it a try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -