Ridgefield CT hotels

Search

Ridgefield CT hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 11:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ridgefield CT hotels

We're thinking of staying in Ridgefield for a couple of nights and probably want to eat where we stay at least one night. Any thoughts on Stonehenge Inn? The Elms? Good lunch spots? Nice walks? Thanks.
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 11:47 AM

I would stay at the Elms over Stonehenge simply because it's right in "downtown" Ridgefield, which is a beautiful small town whose Main Street is often voted nicest Main Street in the whole country. Just walking around Main Street and off a few side streets is so pretty, so is a drive south on 106 to Wilton.

The Elms had an amazing chef a few years ago, but I haven't been since then, I don't know if he's still there.
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 12:31 PM
J62

Don't know about hotels, but the Wild Ginger restaurant gets good ratings from folks I know who go there frequently for dinner.
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 05:32 PM

I agree that staying at Stonehenge is a bit out of the way. I highly recommend eating there though.

The Elms is nice as is The West Lane Inn. There is another excellent restaurant right next to West Lane Inn called Bernard's Inn at Ridgefield.

About 10 minutes south of Ridgefield is Le Chateau Restaurant
in South Salem {my old home town} The restaurant {French, mais out} was built in 1907 by J. P. Morgan as a gift to his friend and former minister, Dr. William S. Rainsford. Spectacular place!

We always ate at Dimitri's Diner
on Prospect, just across from the Library and a block from Main Street. Great for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Great Greek food as well as good old american cuisine. The Early Bird {on Danbury Road}is good for lunch and dinner too. It is a little ways from downtown -- about 5 minute drive. Southwest Cafe is also good and is on Danbury Road too.

As far as walks are concerned...you can't do much better than walking from the intersection of Rt 35 and Rt 7 at the Fountain and head towards town. The is right near the West Lane Inn. You will pass old churches, parks, shops all on shady sidewalk next to a wide road. Also along the way will be Aldrich Musuem of Contemporary Art and Keeler Tavern.

Hope this helps...
Debi
Old Jun 3rd, 2006, 07:04 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all - will probably stay at Elms...so many choices for dinners!