Plan Your Tauck World Discovery Vacation
Tauck World Discovery operates four ships in Europe, including the 118-passenger Swiss Emerald, Swiss Sapphire, andSwiss Jewel, and the MSTreasure launched in 2011, the same year the company garnered top awards as the World’s Best River Cruise
Line by a well-known reader poll.
These well-appointed vessels provide uncommon access to local hot spots for immersive cultural experiences, all-inclusive pricing, and personalized attention. A club-like ambience pervades with only 14 suites measuring 300 square feet with floor-to-ceiling windows (seven Junior suites), walk-in closets, and marble baths with full-size tubs. Wi-Fi access is offered throughout. All cabins have flat-screen TVs, minibar, radio, safe, and aromatic L'Occitane French toiletries.
Ships cruise the Danube, Rhine, Mosel, and Main rivers, as well as the scenic canals of the Netherlands and Belgium in spring. The French waterways cruise is a feast for the senses showcasing local gastronomy and stunning architecture. Signature voyages are the 14-day French Escapade Monte Carlo to Paris cruise and the 24-day Grand European Cruise for those who want to splurge.
Is This Line Right For You?
Choose This Line If
- You want to watch the world go by and stop to smell the roses. Boats move slowly towards well-choreographed excursions on shore.
- You're traveling alone. Special Solo Traveler discounts are offered.
- You are looking for a mature crowd. Expect fellow passengers to be around 55-plus, well-traveled, curious, and sociable.
Don't Choose This Line If
- You don’t have at least 10 days. Ten- to 24-day itineraries are destination-intense and organized on a regimented schedule to optimize port visits.
- You’re an introvert. The small club-like boats are intimate and promote mingling the minute you exit your cabin.
- Large-scale entertainment is required. The most exciting performers will be the resident pianist, an occasional “step on” performer from the local region, or musicians and dancers at scheduled venues on shore.