Plan Your Avalon Waterways Vacation
Avalon Waterways operates 11 ships in Europe: Visionary, Vista, Panorama, Felicity, Luminary, Affinity, Creativity, Scenery, Tranquility, Imagery, and Tapestry. The newest fleet additions in 2013 areExpression andArtistry II.
big-ship amenities such as hotel-quality beds, satellite TV, floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors in most staterooms, and even some private balconies. Ships also have Internet and fitness equipment. Cruises operates on the Rhine, Main, Danube, and Mosel rivers in Germany. The company also offers French wine-country excursions on the Saône and Rhône rivers, as well as Christmas-market cruises.
First-class escorted vacations include family-friendly activities and accommodations. Check out faith-based travel theme voyages with escorted in-depth visits to the world’s most famous religious sites and destinations. More off-the-beaten-path itineraries appear in 2013 including Friesland in far north Holland and Central European capitals (Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest). Visit iconic Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany on the 13-day magical journey from Munich to Basel, Switzerland.
Is This Line Right For You?
Choose This Line If
- Your passions include wine, gastronomy, sightseeing, and history. As part of the complimentary Culture & Cruise offerings, wine tastings and local delicacies go hand-in-hand with land tours of medieval cities and heritage sites.
- Off-the-beaten-path destinations appeal to you. Excursions take passengers to more obscure yet fascinating places in far northern, central, and eastern Europe.
- You want to stay connected. Vessels are equipped with complimentary Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, complimentary use of iPads.
Don't Choose This Line If
- You prefer a low-key atmosphere at a low price. Everything is premium with fashionable suites, fine dining, fitness center, and on-demand in-room entertainment.
- You expect lavish entertainment. Ambient music from piano lounges and bars replaces loud, glitzy stage performances found on large vessels.
- Anonymity is a priority. Staff and crew keep service personalized and typically get to know you by name, not number.