First time to the Southwest region, and am flying into Phoenix in mid August for a 7 day (mostly Utah) vacation. We are flying into Phoenix due to the cheap airfare we were able to get I plan on staying in Sedona for a day, then traveling north to Utah. I know my time is limited, and I won't get to see all of the national parks that I want to see without being extremely rushed. If you had to choose, which parks would you focus on as a first time visit, Arches/Canyonlands or Zion/Bryce? I guess I kinda what somewhere not as touristy, and just the best overall desert/canyon/Utah experience if that makes sense! I want to actually experience the landscape, not sit in the car the WHOLE time, with some reasonable hikes in there. I've been reading all the forums, but just can't decide.
Zion/Bryce or Arches/Canyonlands?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 3 rain in Kauai
- 4 Where to go in Maine?
- 5 Jersey City Parking
- 6 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 7 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 8 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 9 SF to DR? WTH!
- 10 Kennebunkport and....?
- 11 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 12 NYC Itinerary Help
- 13 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 16 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 17 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 18 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 19 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 20 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 21 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 22 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 23 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 24 Washington, DC to Boston
- 25 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint