First time to the Southwest region, and am flying into Phoenix in mid August for a 7 day (mostly Utah) vacation. We are flying into Phoenix due to the cheap airfare we were able to get I plan on staying in Sedona for a day, then traveling north to Utah. I know my time is limited, and I won't get to see all of the national parks that I want to see without being extremely rushed. If you had to choose, which parks would you focus on as a first time visit, Arches/Canyonlands or Zion/Bryce? I guess I kinda what somewhere not as touristy, and just the best overall desert/canyon/Utah experience if that makes sense! I want to actually experience the landscape, not sit in the car the WHOLE time, with some reasonable hikes in there. I've been reading all the forums, but just can't decide.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Exploring, hiking, camping trip
- 2 Colorado Hiking in September
- 3 Which area on Maui for hotel?
- 4 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 5 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 6 The District by Hilton Club
- 7 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 8 Which island for teens
- 9 Bucket List
- 10 Food and drink associated with D.C.?
- 11 Uber Ride from LV to South Rim, Grand Canyon?
- 12 driving RT 66
- 13 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 14 Yosemite and surrounding for WINTER 2017: DO NEED HELP!
- 15 Vanagon Road trip Denver to SF
- 16 Travelling from Miami to New Orleans
- 17 Acadia National Park
- 18 Paris on my own
- 19 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 20 Yellowstone - places to stay
- 21 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 22 Road trip San Diego to Seattle
- 23 Travelling from New York to JFK
- 24 Traveling with an infant
- 25 Birthday vacation ideas