First time to the Southwest region, and am flying into Phoenix in mid August for a 7 day (mostly Utah) vacation. We are flying into Phoenix due to the cheap airfare we were able to get I plan on staying in Sedona for a day, then traveling north to Utah. I know my time is limited, and I won't get to see all of the national parks that I want to see without being extremely rushed. If you had to choose, which parks would you focus on as a first time visit, Arches/Canyonlands or Zion/Bryce? I guess I kinda what somewhere not as touristy, and just the best overall desert/canyon/Utah experience if that makes sense! I want to actually experience the landscape, not sit in the car the WHOLE time, with some reasonable hikes in there. I've been reading all the forums, but just can't decide.
Zion/Bryce or Arches/Canyonlands?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 2 10 day trip to California
- 3 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 4 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 5 Drive along the Columbia River
- 6 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 7 Wine Country Picnic
- 8 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 9 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 10 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 11 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 12 Boston/Fenway park
- 13 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 14 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 15 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 16 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 17 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas
- 18 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 19 Where to go in Maine?
- 20 Magnificient, Marvelous Montana!
- 21 Timeshare Nightmares
- 22 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 23 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 24 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 25 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC