We are a family of 3 (kid is 5) heading to a wedding in Missoula, MT July 4th weekend and hoping to visit Glacier NP after. We will have 5-6 nights to spend, is this enough time? Too much? We want to really explore and enjoy activities in the area and not rush from spot to spot.
I learned lodging is the most important thing to book NOW. Ideally would like to spend 2 nights camping and 3-4 nights at a lodge/inn. What are Fodorites' favorite options for camping and a nice inn near Glacier? We would like some comfort after camping. Husband and I used to camp a lot but it's been over 10 years; the 5 year old is a city kid who has never camped before but is very into nature, wildlife and not afraid to get messy.
We will be flying in and out of Missoula. Thank you for any ideas!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need help with a rough plan
- 2 Plymouth or Cape Code/NEED help
- 3 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 4 Seattle, Portand, Hood River with kids- short notice
- 5 kauai
- 6 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?
- 7 Hawaii Cruise
- 8 new england - a deer, a moose and a black bear too
- 9 San Fran & Napa 5/20/2016 - 5/25/2016
- 10 Which Island for a 3 week base over Christmas New Year?
- 11 First time to Alaska
- 12 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 13 Help Flying to Portland, Maine
- 14 Hawaii - where?
- 15 BBQ
- 16 Broiled Chicken and Sour Milk Biscuits in Delaware?
- 17 Anaheim - no car
- 18 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 19 Pacific Northwest
- 20 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 21 Things to do in NYC
- 22 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 23 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 24 24 days out west
- 25 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest