We are a family of 3 (kid is 5) heading to a wedding in Missoula, MT July 4th weekend and hoping to visit Glacier NP after. We will have 5-6 nights to spend, is this enough time? Too much? We want to really explore and enjoy activities in the area and not rush from spot to spot.
I learned lodging is the most important thing to book NOW. Ideally would like to spend 2 nights camping and 3-4 nights at a lodge/inn. What are Fodorites' favorite options for camping and a nice inn near Glacier? We would like some comfort after camping. Husband and I used to camp a lot but it's been over 10 years; the 5 year old is a city kid who has never camped before but is very into nature, wildlife and not afraid to get messy.
We will be flying in and out of Missoula. Thank you for any ideas!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 2 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 3 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 4 Maine weather and temps
- 5 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 6 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 7 WA to CT
- 8 L.A. and Sequoia
- 9 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 10 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 11 Alcatrez sold out
- 12 The Frugals Go To Maine
- 13 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 14 Nantucket Baggage Storage
- 15 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 16 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 17 Cross Country Road Trip Phoenix to Boston
- 18 Broadway
- 19 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 20 4 OR 5 BEDROOM CABIN IN WISCONSIN, IOWA OR MINNESOTA FOR ANNUAL GIRL TRIP
- 21 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....
- 22 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 23 Road Trip from Dallas to Miami
- 24 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 25 Need help planning....