We are a family of 3 (kid is 5) heading to a wedding in Missoula, MT July 4th weekend and hoping to visit Glacier NP after. We will have 5-6 nights to spend, is this enough time? Too much? We want to really explore and enjoy activities in the area and not rush from spot to spot.
I learned lodging is the most important thing to book NOW. Ideally would like to spend 2 nights camping and 3-4 nights at a lodge/inn. What are Fodorites' favorite options for camping and a nice inn near Glacier? We would like some comfort after camping. Husband and I used to camp a lot but it's been over 10 years; the 5 year old is a city kid who has never camped before but is very into nature, wildlife and not afraid to get messy.
We will be flying in and out of Missoula. Thank you for any ideas!
Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 2 Durango to Mesa Verde
- 3 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 4 Tipping advice
- 5 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 6 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 7 Oregon- Crater Lake and Mount Hood vs Montana- Glacier Bay National Park
- 8 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 9 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 10 New Orleans help please
- 11 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 12 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 13 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 14 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 15 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 16 los angeles restaurants
- 17 "American in Paris" on Broadway
- 18 New Year's Eve in Philadelphia
- 19 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 20 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 21 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 22 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids
- 23 NW Houston restaurant help
- 24 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 25 Restaurant in NYC advice