We are a family of 3 (kid is 5) heading to a wedding in Missoula, MT July 4th weekend and hoping to visit Glacier NP after. We will have 5-6 nights to spend, is this enough time? Too much? We want to really explore and enjoy activities in the area and not rush from spot to spot.
I learned lodging is the most important thing to book NOW. Ideally would like to spend 2 nights camping and 3-4 nights at a lodge/inn. What are Fodorites' favorite options for camping and a nice inn near Glacier? We would like some comfort after camping. Husband and I used to camp a lot but it's been over 10 years; the 5 year old is a city kid who has never camped before but is very into nature, wildlife and not afraid to get messy.
We will be flying in and out of Missoula. Thank you for any ideas!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 tameezSe!! : HP PRINTER Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8SS/999 *8045 hp 24*7
- 2 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 3 10 Days in Maine
- 4 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 5 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 6 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 7 Big Island - Best Way to See Lava and Waterfalls?
- 8 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 9 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 10 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 11 sugestions
- 12 Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
- 13 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 14 Big Sur and Scenic Hwy 1 in CA.
- 15 Miami for 2 days
- 16 More problems for Big Sur
- 17 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 18 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 19 Saratoga Springs, NY - affordable hotel?
- 20 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 21 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 22 Las Vegas trip report
- 23 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 24 Boston area hotels
- 25 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas