We are a family of 3 (kid is 5) heading to a wedding in Missoula, MT July 4th weekend and hoping to visit Glacier NP after. We will have 5-6 nights to spend, is this enough time? Too much? We want to really explore and enjoy activities in the area and not rush from spot to spot.
I learned lodging is the most important thing to book NOW. Ideally would like to spend 2 nights camping and 3-4 nights at a lodge/inn. What are Fodorites' favorite options for camping and a nice inn near Glacier? We would like some comfort after camping. Husband and I used to camp a lot but it's been over 10 years; the 5 year old is a city kid who has never camped before but is very into nature, wildlife and not afraid to get messy.
We will be flying in and out of Missoula. Thank you for any ideas!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 2 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 3 powerful magic wallets+27789444940 money spells USA/UK/CANADA/GERMANY/DUBAI
- 4 San Francisco and Napa
- 5 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 6 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015
- 7 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 8 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 9 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 10 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 11 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 12 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 13 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 14 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 15 Relocating to the Deep South
- 16 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 17 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 18 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 19 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 20 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 21 south west family trip itinerary
- 22 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 23 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- 24 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 25 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving