We are a family of 3 (kid is 5) heading to a wedding in Missoula, MT July 4th weekend and hoping to visit Glacier NP after. We will have 5-6 nights to spend, is this enough time? Too much? We want to really explore and enjoy activities in the area and not rush from spot to spot.
I learned lodging is the most important thing to book NOW. Ideally would like to spend 2 nights camping and 3-4 nights at a lodge/inn. What are Fodorites' favorite options for camping and a nice inn near Glacier? We would like some comfort after camping. Husband and I used to camp a lot but it's been over 10 years; the 5 year old is a city kid who has never camped before but is very into nature, wildlife and not afraid to get messy.
We will be flying in and out of Missoula. Thank you for any ideas!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado Hiking in September
- 2 Which island for teens
- 3 Yosemite and surrounding for WINTER 2017: DO NEED HELP!
- 4 Uber Ride from LV to South Rim, Grand Canyon?
- 5 Vanagon Road trip Denver to SF
- 6 Paris on my own
- 7 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 8 Yellowstone - places to stay
- 9 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 10 Road trip San Diego to Seattle
- 11 Acadia National Park
- 12 Vacation Apartment Rentals
- 13 Travelling from New York to JFK
- 14 Traveling with an infant
- 15 Travelling from Miami to New Orleans
- 16 Birthday vacation ideas
- 17 Kauai helicopter flight
- 18 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 19 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 20 Which area on Maui for hotel?
- 21 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 22 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 23 Seeking Advice/Itineraries
- 24 Key West, FL
- 25 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary