We are a family of 3 (kid is 5) heading to a wedding in Missoula, MT July 4th weekend and hoping to visit Glacier NP after. We will have 5-6 nights to spend, is this enough time? Too much? We want to really explore and enjoy activities in the area and not rush from spot to spot.
I learned lodging is the most important thing to book NOW. Ideally would like to spend 2 nights camping and 3-4 nights at a lodge/inn. What are Fodorites' favorite options for camping and a nice inn near Glacier? We would like some comfort after camping. Husband and I used to camp a lot but it's been over 10 years; the 5 year old is a city kid who has never camped before but is very into nature, wildlife and not afraid to get messy.
We will be flying in and out of Missoula. Thank you for any ideas!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 2 Hotel in Reno
- 3 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 4 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 5 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 6 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
- 7 Retiring to Tucson
- 8 Trinity Site, NM
- 9 Santa Fe Itineray
- 10 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 11 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 12 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 13 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 14 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 15 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 16 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 17 Charleston and/or Savannah in 4 days
- 18 North Carolina airports
- 19 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 20 Boston to Naples florida
- 21 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 22 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April
- 23 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 24 best health clubs with lap pools
- 25 10 days vacation in California