We are a family of 3 (kid is 5) heading to a wedding in Missoula, MT July 4th weekend and hoping to visit Glacier NP after. We will have 5-6 nights to spend, is this enough time? Too much? We want to really explore and enjoy activities in the area and not rush from spot to spot.
I learned lodging is the most important thing to book NOW. Ideally would like to spend 2 nights camping and 3-4 nights at a lodge/inn. What are Fodorites' favorite options for camping and a nice inn near Glacier? We would like some comfort after camping. Husband and I used to camp a lot but it's been over 10 years; the 5 year old is a city kid who has never camped before but is very into nature, wildlife and not afraid to get messy.
We will be flying in and out of Missoula. Thank you for any ideas!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?
- 2 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?
- 3 Wilmington DE questions
- 4 Planning our Move
- 5 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 6 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 7 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 8 Trip Funding
- 9 Mesa Verde question
- 10 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 11 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 12 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 13 Best options for viewing, learning about lava flows on Big Island?
- 14 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 15 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 16 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 17 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 18 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 19 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 20 Best Marriott options NYC using Marriott points
- 21 9 day family New England Trip October - Advice
- 22 Hotel advise Chicago
- 23 Maui and Kauai
- 24 Santa Fe and Taos in November
- 25 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?