We are a family of 3 (kid is 5) heading to a wedding in Missoula, MT July 4th weekend and hoping to visit Glacier NP after. We will have 5-6 nights to spend, is this enough time? Too much? We want to really explore and enjoy activities in the area and not rush from spot to spot.
I learned lodging is the most important thing to book NOW. Ideally would like to spend 2 nights camping and 3-4 nights at a lodge/inn. What are Fodorites' favorite options for camping and a nice inn near Glacier? We would like some comfort after camping. Husband and I used to camp a lot but it's been over 10 years; the 5 year old is a city kid who has never camped before but is very into nature, wildlife and not afraid to get messy.
We will be flying in and out of Missoula. Thank you for any ideas!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago Charter Yacht Rentals: The Sophisticated Lady
- 2 USA family tour
- 3 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 4 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 5 California Coast Road Trip Itinerary Help
- 6 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 7 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 8 Here Are Our Interests, Now What Would You Add to Seattle?
- 9 Broadway Review - Show & Dinner
- 10 Road Trip Florida to Maine
- 11 Costco Travel
- 12 Which of these 3 Kona hotels
- 13 Philly Itinerary Help
- 14 10 days in Alaska. Help please
- 15 Route 81: RI to Orlando
- 16 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 17 Bryce and Zion hikes and photography
- 18 Little Bighorn, beartooth, Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson hole, Cody
- 19 There's a Tulip Field in Texas!
- 20 4 days road trip southern New England
- 21 trip out west horses and rafting
- 22 Sky Harbor to Tucson shuttle
- 23 Limo LGA to Sayville: Which Company?
- 24 D.C. UNION STATION SIGHT SEEING
- 25 Big Island Hawaii car rental