We are a family of 3 (kid is 5) heading to a wedding in Missoula, MT July 4th weekend and hoping to visit Glacier NP after. We will have 5-6 nights to spend, is this enough time? Too much? We want to really explore and enjoy activities in the area and not rush from spot to spot.
I learned lodging is the most important thing to book NOW. Ideally would like to spend 2 nights camping and 3-4 nights at a lodge/inn. What are Fodorites' favorite options for camping and a nice inn near Glacier? We would like some comfort after camping. Husband and I used to camp a lot but it's been over 10 years; the 5 year old is a city kid who has never camped before but is very into nature, wildlife and not afraid to get messy.
We will be flying in and out of Missoula. Thank you for any ideas!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://buyhealthsupplement.com/ultra-boost-force/
- 2 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 3 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 4 NYC For The Day
- 5 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 6 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 7 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 8 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 9 Cross Country Road Trip VA - San Francisco
- 10 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 11 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 12 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 13 US whole month of January where to
- 14 Need help nailing down the details
- 15 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 16 Inexpensive, Good Indian Food NYC
- 17 Hotel near Westlake Village California
- 18 Roof Top Bars Opinions: NYC
- 19 See Alaska by train
- 20 Telluride and Silverton
- 21 Planning Visit to Plains, GA
- 22 West to East Coast in 10 days
- 23 Northeast/Mid-Atlantics States History/Beach Vacation
- 24 Accomodations Near Glacier Park, Montana
- 25 NYC opinions please! 2nt (shows & meals w/1st timer)