We are a family of 3 (kid is 5) heading to a wedding in Missoula, MT July 4th weekend and hoping to visit Glacier NP after. We will have 5-6 nights to spend, is this enough time? Too much? We want to really explore and enjoy activities in the area and not rush from spot to spot.
I learned lodging is the most important thing to book NOW. Ideally would like to spend 2 nights camping and 3-4 nights at a lodge/inn. What are Fodorites' favorite options for camping and a nice inn near Glacier? We would like some comfort after camping. Husband and I used to camp a lot but it's been over 10 years; the 5 year old is a city kid who has never camped before but is very into nature, wildlife and not afraid to get messy.
We will be flying in and out of Missoula. Thank you for any ideas!
Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 2 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 3 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 4 Family Friendly Resort Vacation for Holidays
- 5 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 6 American Honeymoon in March
- 7 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 8 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 9 Colorado Skiing
- 10 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 11 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 12 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea
- 13 san fran sightseeing
- 14 Boston in winter?
- 15 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 16 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car
- 17 Best route home from page, az to ny?
- 18 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 19 charlotte
- 20 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 21 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 22 New York City in April
- 23 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 24 Long Beach - alternative lodging to Queen Mary but close by
- 25 Yellowstone in the winter?