We are a family of 3 (kid is 5) heading to a wedding in Missoula, MT July 4th weekend and hoping to visit Glacier NP after. We will have 5-6 nights to spend, is this enough time? Too much? We want to really explore and enjoy activities in the area and not rush from spot to spot.
I learned lodging is the most important thing to book NOW. Ideally would like to spend 2 nights camping and 3-4 nights at a lodge/inn. What are Fodorites' favorite options for camping and a nice inn near Glacier? We would like some comfort after camping. Husband and I used to camp a lot but it's been over 10 years; the 5 year old is a city kid who has never camped before but is very into nature, wildlife and not afraid to get messy.
We will be flying in and out of Missoula. Thank you for any ideas!
Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Enjoy Orlando Vacation Homes without Breaking your Budget
- 2 Texas
- 3 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 4 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 5 Jason Lapene - Best Visiting place for holidays
- 6 Cross Country RV Trip
- 7 Ackislander
- 8 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 9 Road trip in Arizona/Nevada/Utah - 9 days /end of Feb 15/ 4 adults & 1 baby
- 10 Accommodation in Los Angeles
- 11 The Tides in Laguna Beach
- 12 Northern California in February
- 13 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 14 Hoover Dam to Grand Canyon/Valley of Fire/Zion in May 2015
- 15 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 16 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 17 Can you help my girlfriend and me with our itinerary?
- 18 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 19 Las Vegas to San Francisco - Kings Canyon or Sequoia National Park?
- 20 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 21 New England September
- 22 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 23 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 24 California
- 25 Trip to Memphis and Nashville