We are a family of 3 (kid is 5) heading to a wedding in Missoula, MT July 4th weekend and hoping to visit Glacier NP after. We will have 5-6 nights to spend, is this enough time? Too much? We want to really explore and enjoy activities in the area and not rush from spot to spot.
I learned lodging is the most important thing to book NOW. Ideally would like to spend 2 nights camping and 3-4 nights at a lodge/inn. What are Fodorites' favorite options for camping and a nice inn near Glacier? We would like some comfort after camping. Husband and I used to camp a lot but it's been over 10 years; the 5 year old is a city kid who has never camped before but is very into nature, wildlife and not afraid to get messy.
We will be flying in and out of Missoula. Thank you for any ideas!
Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 2 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 3 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 4 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 5 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 6 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 7 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 8 How to dress in Vegas
- 9 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 10 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 11 bus tour for Grand canyon(South Rim), Horse shoe in 1-day?
- 12 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 13 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 14 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 15 USA trip
- 16 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 17 Chicago Questions
- 18 Air Connections on Maui
- 19 camaro hire in waikiki
- 20 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 21 Timeshare Nightmares
- 22 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 23 Breckenridge in October
- 24 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 25 Orlando for Work