We are a family of 3 (kid is 5) heading to a wedding in Missoula, MT July 4th weekend and hoping to visit Glacier NP after. We will have 5-6 nights to spend, is this enough time? Too much? We want to really explore and enjoy activities in the area and not rush from spot to spot.
I learned lodging is the most important thing to book NOW. Ideally would like to spend 2 nights camping and 3-4 nights at a lodge/inn. What are Fodorites' favorite options for camping and a nice inn near Glacier? We would like some comfort after camping. Husband and I used to camp a lot but it's been over 10 years; the 5 year old is a city kid who has never camped before but is very into nature, wildlife and not afraid to get messy.
We will be flying in and out of Missoula. Thank you for any ideas!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 2 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 3 Hawaii Volcanoes
- 4 Visit to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- 5 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 6 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 7 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 8 5 days in Colorado
- 9 Safety Concerns
- 10 Should I go ahed with our Disney World trip over Easter
- 11 40th in Key West
- 12 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 13 Downtown Chicago
- 14 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 15 Planning Honeymoon with Handicapped fiance
- 16 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 17 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 18 What to do in San Diego
- 19 Nashville
- 20 Beaches in Florida
- 21 fort lauderdale
- 22 First Trip to Texas -
- 23 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 24 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 25 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia