Ive heard great things about this forum as I'm needing some great vacation advice!
We are a young family with children ages 4 and 6 and looking to drive around lake michigan this summer in the end of July... First two days will be in chicago and weve got that part finished but now we are going to drive north and then back around into Illinois and have no clue where we should stay, eat, or what activities there are for a young family... We like beaches, amusement parks, children museums, parks, a little nature as long as its hands on for the kids, the husband likes sports, and a little history is always good. Trying to keep our hotel or b&b budget around 100-120 a night and wed just need two doubles or a king with a pullout couch for the kids.. We are planning the trip to be about 10 days long and the first two are in chicago....so ive got 8 to fill OR suggest something totally different!! We are in southern illinois and looking for a great family vacation spot!
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 2 Zion National Park
- 3 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 4 What to do in Asheville
- 5 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 6 Good restaurant in Topeka, KS
- 7 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 8 Denver to Yellowstone
- 9 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 10 Zion and Bryce... which to do first
- 11 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 12 Boulder, CO vs Denver, CO
- 13 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 14 Crazy to travel to Salem Massachusetts by myself?
- 15 Traveling across USA via Greyhound
- 16 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 17 Help to plan winter vacation in Yellowstone
- 18 Pacific Drive RoadTrip during Thanks giving
- 19 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 20 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 21 My Unexpected Stay at Embassy Suites at Philadelphia Airport
- 22 Coors Field Security for Zac Brown
- 23 Road Trip Along Lake Michigan
- 24 Itinerary help for Boston and Islands
- 25 Relocation help - move to cool climate
Young frugal family wanting to drive around Lake Michigan! HELP