Ive heard great things about this forum as I'm needing some great vacation advice!
We are a young family with children ages 4 and 6 and looking to drive around lake michigan this summer in the end of July... First two days will be in chicago and weve got that part finished but now we are going to drive north and then back around into Illinois and have no clue where we should stay, eat, or what activities there are for a young family... We like beaches, amusement parks, children museums, parks, a little nature as long as its hands on for the kids, the husband likes sports, and a little history is always good. Trying to keep our hotel or b&b budget around 100-120 a night and wed just need two doubles or a king with a pullout couch for the kids.. We are planning the trip to be about 10 days long and the first two are in chicago....so ive got 8 to fill OR suggest something totally different!! We are in southern illinois and looking for a great family vacation spot!
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New England Tour
- 2 Blue Ridge Parkway/Great Smoky Mountains
- 3 Rhode Island Get Away
- 4 Colorado October 16-25, 2017
- 5 Road Trip - SF to Sonoma
- 6 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 7 JFK Terminal 4 to Terminal 8
- 8 Visiting Kauai...NEXT week!!
- 9 Lead in me in the right direction for our first Hawaii trip
- 10 Venice, CA area
- 11 Avis or Budget from LAX
- 12 Tahoe - Plumpjack Inn vs. Basecamp Hotel
- 13 NYC - Pastrami sandwich near library, Grand Central Station, St Patrick's
- 14 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 15 Visiting Kauai...NEXT WEEK!!
- 16 Please help us find a wonderful boutique hotel in the western U.S.
- 17 Adirondacks trip repot
- 18 beach chair and umbrella rentals in carmel?
- 19 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 20 CLT connection times, Charlotte
- 21 Grand Circle Trip from Ohio
- 22 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 23 Las Vegas in February - hotel recommendations please
- 24 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 25 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
Young frugal family wanting to drive around Lake Michigan! HELP