Ive heard great things about this forum as I'm needing some great vacation advice!
We are a young family with children ages 4 and 6 and looking to drive around lake michigan this summer in the end of July... First two days will be in chicago and weve got that part finished but now we are going to drive north and then back around into Illinois and have no clue where we should stay, eat, or what activities there are for a young family... We like beaches, amusement parks, children museums, parks, a little nature as long as its hands on for the kids, the husband likes sports, and a little history is always good. Trying to keep our hotel or b&b budget around 100-120 a night and wed just need two doubles or a king with a pullout couch for the kids.. We are planning the trip to be about 10 days long and the first two are in chicago....so ive got 8 to fill OR suggest something totally different!! We are in southern illinois and looking for a great family vacation spot!
Thanks for any help!
Young frugal family wanting to drive around Lake Michigan! HELP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 2 Special Occasion/Fancy Dress shops in South Florida
- 3 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 4 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)
- 5 Is the New York subway safe?
- 6 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 7 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 8 Skiing New Mexico
- 9 Hotel near the Miami airport
- 10 Girls Weekend Trip to Sarasota/Tampa Florida Area
- 11 Where to from Tampa?
- 12 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 13 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 14 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 15 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 16 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 17 Richmond to Oklahoma City Slowly: what not to miss?
- 18 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 19 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 20 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 21 Chicago Questions
- 22 Best way to see South & Central Florida in a week.
- 23 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 24 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 25 Chicago eateries downtown