Ive heard great things about this forum as I'm needing some great vacation advice!
We are a young family with children ages 4 and 6 and looking to drive around lake michigan this summer in the end of July... First two days will be in chicago and weve got that part finished but now we are going to drive north and then back around into Illinois and have no clue where we should stay, eat, or what activities there are for a young family... We like beaches, amusement parks, children museums, parks, a little nature as long as its hands on for the kids, the husband likes sports, and a little history is always good. Trying to keep our hotel or b&b budget around 100-120 a night and wed just need two doubles or a king with a pullout couch for the kids.. We are planning the trip to be about 10 days long and the first two are in chicago....so ive got 8 to fill OR suggest something totally different!! We are in southern illinois and looking for a great family vacation spot!
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 2 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 3 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 4 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 5 Gotta Go To Stanford U Medical Center
- 6 Newark to Paris
- 7 San Francisco - Best place to see street art
- 8 Phone SIM
- 9 A June trip to Kauai
- 10 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 11 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 12 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 13 Road trip from Boston to Florida
- 14 ONE DY ONE NIGHT IN LA
- 15 Avoiding Los Angeles Traffic
- 16 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 17 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 18 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 19 Transit Advisory July 4, 2016 Local Transit will be on a hoilday schedule
- 20 Napa Valley Hotel
- 21 October Fall Foliage Itinerary
- 22 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 23 Southern Michigan vacation destination?
- 24 Road trip lower 48 to juneau
- 25 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
Young frugal family wanting to drive around Lake Michigan! HELP