Ive heard great things about this forum as I'm needing some great vacation advice!
We are a young family with children ages 4 and 6 and looking to drive around lake michigan this summer in the end of July... First two days will be in chicago and weve got that part finished but now we are going to drive north and then back around into Illinois and have no clue where we should stay, eat, or what activities there are for a young family... We like beaches, amusement parks, children museums, parks, a little nature as long as its hands on for the kids, the husband likes sports, and a little history is always good. Trying to keep our hotel or b&b budget around 100-120 a night and wed just need two doubles or a king with a pullout couch for the kids.. We are planning the trip to be about 10 days long and the first two are in chicago....so ive got 8 to fill OR suggest something totally different!! We are in southern illinois and looking for a great family vacation spot!
Thanks for any help!
Young frugal family wanting to drive around Lake Michigan! HELP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 2 How to dress in Vegas
- 3 Nashville Trip Report: July 2014
- 4 Cape Cod in October
- 5 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 6 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 7 charlotte
- 8 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 9 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 10 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 11 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 12 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 13 Sonoma or napa?
- 14 USA trip
- 15 Black Hills Trip Report
- 16 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 17 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 18 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 19 Air Connections on Maui
- 20 Theater Historians
- 21 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 22 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 23 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 24 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 25 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips