Ive heard great things about this forum as I'm needing some great vacation advice!
We are a young family with children ages 4 and 6 and looking to drive around lake michigan this summer in the end of July... First two days will be in chicago and weve got that part finished but now we are going to drive north and then back around into Illinois and have no clue where we should stay, eat, or what activities there are for a young family... We like beaches, amusement parks, children museums, parks, a little nature as long as its hands on for the kids, the husband likes sports, and a little history is always good. Trying to keep our hotel or b&b budget around 100-120 a night and wed just need two doubles or a king with a pullout couch for the kids.. We are planning the trip to be about 10 days long and the first two are in chicago....so ive got 8 to fill OR suggest something totally different!! We are in southern illinois and looking for a great family vacation spot!
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 2 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 3 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 4 Northwest Passage
- 5 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 6 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 7 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 8 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 9 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 10 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 11 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 12 Sonoma
- 13 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 14 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 15 Alaska cruise
- 16 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 17 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 18 101 closure
- 19 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 20 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 21 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 22 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 23 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 24 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 25 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
Young frugal family wanting to drive around Lake Michigan! HELP