Ive heard great things about this forum as I'm needing some great vacation advice!
We are a young family with children ages 4 and 6 and looking to drive around lake michigan this summer in the end of July... First two days will be in chicago and weve got that part finished but now we are going to drive north and then back around into Illinois and have no clue where we should stay, eat, or what activities there are for a young family... We like beaches, amusement parks, children museums, parks, a little nature as long as its hands on for the kids, the husband likes sports, and a little history is always good. Trying to keep our hotel or b&b budget around 100-120 a night and wed just need two doubles or a king with a pullout couch for the kids.. We are planning the trip to be about 10 days long and the first two are in chicago....so ive got 8 to fill OR suggest something totally different!! We are in southern illinois and looking for a great family vacation spot!
Thanks for any help!
Young frugal family wanting to drive around Lake Michigan! HELP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 2 Accommodation in Los Angeles
- 3 Hotels Philly
- 4 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 5 Jason Lapene - Best Visiting place for holidays
- 6 Texas
- 7 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 8 California
- 9 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 10 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 11 Deep South sept 2015
- 12 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 13 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 14 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 15 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 16 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 17 Cross Country RV Trip
- 18 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 19 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 20 Ackislander
- 21 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 22 Road trip in Arizona/Nevada/Utah - 9 days /end of Feb 15/ 4 adults & 1 baby
- 23 The Tides in Laguna Beach
- 24 Northern California in February
- 25 Hoover Dam to Grand Canyon/Valley of Fire/Zion in May 2015