Ive heard great things about this forum as I'm needing some great vacation advice!
We are a young family with children ages 4 and 6 and looking to drive around lake michigan this summer in the end of July... First two days will be in chicago and weve got that part finished but now we are going to drive north and then back around into Illinois and have no clue where we should stay, eat, or what activities there are for a young family... We like beaches, amusement parks, children museums, parks, a little nature as long as its hands on for the kids, the husband likes sports, and a little history is always good. Trying to keep our hotel or b&b budget around 100-120 a night and wed just need two doubles or a king with a pullout couch for the kids.. We are planning the trip to be about 10 days long and the first two are in chicago....so ive got 8 to fill OR suggest something totally different!! We are in southern illinois and looking for a great family vacation spot!
Thanks for any help!
Young frugal family wanting to drive around Lake Michigan! HELP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 2 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 3 Colorado aspen updates
- 4 Yellowstone and Tetons in a Flash
- 5 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 6 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 7 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 8 Storing luggage in Manhattan for a few hours
- 9 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 10 Long Island Advice
- 11 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 12 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 13 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 14 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 15 Boston suggestions
- 16 California
- 17 Long Weekend Travel - Where to?
- 18 Tucson area flooding
- 19 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 20 Cabo cancelled, so where shall 14 of us go for childless long wknd??
- 21 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 22 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 23 lunch in Boulder CO TODAY!!
- 24 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 25 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w