Ive heard great things about this forum as I'm needing some great vacation advice!
We are a young family with children ages 4 and 6 and looking to drive around lake michigan this summer in the end of July... First two days will be in chicago and weve got that part finished but now we are going to drive north and then back around into Illinois and have no clue where we should stay, eat, or what activities there are for a young family... We like beaches, amusement parks, children museums, parks, a little nature as long as its hands on for the kids, the husband likes sports, and a little history is always good. Trying to keep our hotel or b&b budget around 100-120 a night and wed just need two doubles or a king with a pullout couch for the kids.. We are planning the trip to be about 10 days long and the first two are in chicago....so ive got 8 to fill OR suggest something totally different!! We are in southern illinois and looking for a great family vacation spot!
Thanks for any help!
Young frugal family wanting to drive around Lake Michigan! HELP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 2 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 3 layover
- 4 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 5 Part one of an 18 Day RV trip - Talkeetna
- 6 best area to stay in san diego
- 7 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 8 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 9 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 10 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 11 Hotel advice. Near the airport vs Historical District in Charleston SC
- 12 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 13 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 14 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 15 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 16 Part Four of an 18 Day RV trip - Homer
- 17 Kayaking in Kauai
- 18 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 19 San Francisco - mid October
- 20 Burlington VT day trip
- 21 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 22 Need help planning trip to Atlanta, Alabama and then New Orleans
- 23 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 24 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?
- 25 Road trip itinerary