Ive heard great things about this forum as I'm needing some great vacation advice!
We are a young family with children ages 4 and 6 and looking to drive around lake michigan this summer in the end of July... First two days will be in chicago and weve got that part finished but now we are going to drive north and then back around into Illinois and have no clue where we should stay, eat, or what activities there are for a young family... We like beaches, amusement parks, children museums, parks, a little nature as long as its hands on for the kids, the husband likes sports, and a little history is always good. Trying to keep our hotel or b&b budget around 100-120 a night and wed just need two doubles or a king with a pullout couch for the kids.. We are planning the trip to be about 10 days long and the first two are in chicago....so ive got 8 to fill OR suggest something totally different!! We are in southern illinois and looking for a great family vacation spot!
Thanks for any help!
Young frugal family wanting to drive around Lake Michigan! HELP
- 1 Small Sofas
- 2 Boothbay Harbor and New Harbor on the same day?
- 3 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 4 Trying To Find a Place
- 5 San Francisco Pacific Heights
- 6 romantic colorado trip
- 7 Fourth of July Weekend
- 8 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 9 Fires in Colorado
- 10 Marcola?
- 11 Napa wineries for wine novices
- 12 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 13 Updates from Hanalei
- 14 Can you help me complete my itinerary?
- 15 Hi from Sacramento GTG!
- 16 White Water Rafting Bachelor Party
- 17 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 18 Asian fusion/Thai restaurant in Vegas for a celebration
- 19 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 20 One day in NYC
- 21 Maine mid-coast recommendations?
- 22 Jackson Hole & Yellowstone
- 23 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 24 Key West at Christmas time
- 25 Orlando Parks - Cheapest short term tickets