Ive heard great things about this forum as I'm needing some great vacation advice!
We are a young family with children ages 4 and 6 and looking to drive around lake michigan this summer in the end of July... First two days will be in chicago and weve got that part finished but now we are going to drive north and then back around into Illinois and have no clue where we should stay, eat, or what activities there are for a young family... We like beaches, amusement parks, children museums, parks, a little nature as long as its hands on for the kids, the husband likes sports, and a little history is always good. Trying to keep our hotel or b&b budget around 100-120 a night and wed just need two doubles or a king with a pullout couch for the kids.. We are planning the trip to be about 10 days long and the first two are in chicago....so ive got 8 to fill OR suggest something totally different!! We are in southern illinois and looking for a great family vacation spot!
Thanks for any help!
Young frugal family wanting to drive around Lake Michigan! HELP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 3 rain in Kauai
- 4 Where to go in Maine?
- 5 Jersey City Parking
- 6 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 7 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 8 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 9 SF to DR? WTH!
- 10 Kennebunkport and....?
- 11 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 12 NYC Itinerary Help
- 13 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 16 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 17 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 18 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 19 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 20 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 21 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 22 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 23 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 24 Washington, DC to Boston
- 25 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint