Ive heard great things about this forum as I'm needing some great vacation advice!
We are a young family with children ages 4 and 6 and looking to drive around lake michigan this summer in the end of July... First two days will be in chicago and weve got that part finished but now we are going to drive north and then back around into Illinois and have no clue where we should stay, eat, or what activities there are for a young family... We like beaches, amusement parks, children museums, parks, a little nature as long as its hands on for the kids, the husband likes sports, and a little history is always good. Trying to keep our hotel or b&b budget around 100-120 a night and wed just need two doubles or a king with a pullout couch for the kids.. We are planning the trip to be about 10 days long and the first two are in chicago....so ive got 8 to fill OR suggest something totally different!! We are in southern illinois and looking for a great family vacation spot!
Thanks for any help!
Young frugal family wanting to drive around Lake Michigan! HELP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 2 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 3 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 4 Hotel near Miami airport
- 5 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 6 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 7 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 8 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 9 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 10 Philly
- 11 ideas for pacific coast drive (CA)
- 12 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 13 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 14 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 15 Road Trip SW
- 16 Pacific Coast Hwy 10 days
- 17 Chicago trip
- 18 NYC IN AUGUST
- 19 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 20 culpepper
- 21 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 22 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 23 Fancy dining
- 24 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 25 Will have five days in Savannah