Ive heard great things about this forum as I'm needing some great vacation advice!
We are a young family with children ages 4 and 6 and looking to drive around lake michigan this summer in the end of July... First two days will be in chicago and weve got that part finished but now we are going to drive north and then back around into Illinois and have no clue where we should stay, eat, or what activities there are for a young family... We like beaches, amusement parks, children museums, parks, a little nature as long as its hands on for the kids, the husband likes sports, and a little history is always good. Trying to keep our hotel or b&b budget around 100-120 a night and wed just need two doubles or a king with a pullout couch for the kids.. We are planning the trip to be about 10 days long and the first two are in chicago....so ive got 8 to fill OR suggest something totally different!! We are in southern illinois and looking for a great family vacation spot!
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 2 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 3 Vegas with toddler twins
- 4 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 5 Traveling Alone
- 6 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 7 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 8 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 9 Arizona in late January
- 10 New Mexico in May
- 11 Las Vegas Vacation
- 12 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 13 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 14 disneyland
- 15 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 16 Family road trip Washington DC-Stuart, Florida
- 17 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 18 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 19 OHare car service north suburbs
- 20 California Coast in January
- 21 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 22 Key West
- 23 Currency and hotels
- 24 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 25 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
Young frugal family wanting to drive around Lake Michigan! HELP