Ive heard great things about this forum as I'm needing some great vacation advice!
We are a young family with children ages 4 and 6 and looking to drive around lake michigan this summer in the end of July... First two days will be in chicago and weve got that part finished but now we are going to drive north and then back around into Illinois and have no clue where we should stay, eat, or what activities there are for a young family... We like beaches, amusement parks, children museums, parks, a little nature as long as its hands on for the kids, the husband likes sports, and a little history is always good. Trying to keep our hotel or b&b budget around 100-120 a night and wed just need two doubles or a king with a pullout couch for the kids.. We are planning the trip to be about 10 days long and the first two are in chicago....so ive got 8 to fill OR suggest something totally different!! We are in southern illinois and looking for a great family vacation spot!
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yellowstone - places to stay
- 2 Paris on my own
- 3 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 4 Road trip San Diego to Seattle
- 5 Yosemite and surrounding for WINTER 2017: DO NEED HELP!
- 6 Acadia National Park
- 7 Vacation Apartment Rentals
- 8 Travelling from New York to JFK
- 9 Traveling with an infant
- 10 Travelling from Miami to New Orleans
- 11 Birthday vacation ideas
- 12 Kauai helicopter flight
- 13 Colorado Hiking in September
- 14 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 15 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 16 Which area on Maui for hotel?
- 17 Vanagon Road trip Denver to SF
- 18 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 19 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 20 Seeking Advice/Itineraries
- 21 Key West, FL
- 22 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 23 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 24 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 25 Mini Honeymoon in Philadelphia
Young frugal family wanting to drive around Lake Michigan! HELP