Ive heard great things about this forum as I'm needing some great vacation advice!
We are a young family with children ages 4 and 6 and looking to drive around lake michigan this summer in the end of July... First two days will be in chicago and weve got that part finished but now we are going to drive north and then back around into Illinois and have no clue where we should stay, eat, or what activities there are for a young family... We like beaches, amusement parks, children museums, parks, a little nature as long as its hands on for the kids, the husband likes sports, and a little history is always good. Trying to keep our hotel or b&b budget around 100-120 a night and wed just need two doubles or a king with a pullout couch for the kids.. We are planning the trip to be about 10 days long and the first two are in chicago....so ive got 8 to fill OR suggest something totally different!! We are in southern illinois and looking for a great family vacation spot!
Thanks for any help!
Young frugal family wanting to drive around Lake Michigan! HELP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 2 USA with a 3 year old
- 3 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 4 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 5 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 6 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 7 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 8 San Diego parks and attractions
- 9 Alaska
- 10 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 11 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?
- 12 Budget friendly long beach California restaurants
- 13 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 14 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 15 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 16 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 17 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 18 Universal studios/Orlando
- 19 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 20 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 21 First family ski trip
- 22 AUSTIN HOTEL
- 23 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 24 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 25 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!