Ive heard great things about this forum as I'm needing some great vacation advice!
We are a young family with children ages 4 and 6 and looking to drive around lake michigan this summer in the end of July... First two days will be in chicago and weve got that part finished but now we are going to drive north and then back around into Illinois and have no clue where we should stay, eat, or what activities there are for a young family... We like beaches, amusement parks, children museums, parks, a little nature as long as its hands on for the kids, the husband likes sports, and a little history is always good. Trying to keep our hotel or b&b budget around 100-120 a night and wed just need two doubles or a king with a pullout couch for the kids.. We are planning the trip to be about 10 days long and the first two are in chicago....so ive got 8 to fill OR suggest something totally different!! We are in southern illinois and looking for a great family vacation spot!
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Arizona in winter
- 2 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 3 disneyland
- 4 Paris-Room Selection Advice Needed ASAP for last minute trip. TIA.
- 5 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 6 Restaurant Recommendations mid-city Manhattan
- 7 Key West
- 8 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
- 9 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 10 Las Vegas Vacation
- 11 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 12 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 13 moving to Florida
- 14 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 15 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 16 DC restaurant report
- 17 Travel in Houston and surrounding area
- 18 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 19 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 20 Northern California Redwoods
- 21 Southwestern Virginia Ideas?
- 22 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 23 East Tennesee to mohonk.
- 24 Neue Galerie
- 25 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
Young frugal family wanting to drive around Lake Michigan! HELP