Ive heard great things about this forum as I'm needing some great vacation advice!
We are a young family with children ages 4 and 6 and looking to drive around lake michigan this summer in the end of July... First two days will be in chicago and weve got that part finished but now we are going to drive north and then back around into Illinois and have no clue where we should stay, eat, or what activities there are for a young family... We like beaches, amusement parks, children museums, parks, a little nature as long as its hands on for the kids, the husband likes sports, and a little history is always good. Trying to keep our hotel or b&b budget around 100-120 a night and wed just need two doubles or a king with a pullout couch for the kids.. We are planning the trip to be about 10 days long and the first two are in chicago....so ive got 8 to fill OR suggest something totally different!! We are in southern illinois and looking for a great family vacation spot!
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
- 2 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 3 Driving south from Washington DC, but where??
- 4 Road Trip to ND, SD, Nebraska, and Iowas
- 5 FLL to Key West
- 6 7-DAY SOJOURN IN SO. CAL
- 7 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 8 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 9 road trip
- 10 New England Road Trip
- 11 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 12 Help with NE (Maine, Boston, Cape Cod) Trip
- 13 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 14 AZ and UT family road trip-seeking advice
- 15 Road trip from Saint Louis, Mo
- 16 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 17 Best way from Niagara Falls to Washington DC
- 18 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 19 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 20 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 21 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 22 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 23 San Francisco, Las Vegas - Where next?
- 24 Ashville, NC; where to stay?
- 25 Got error in dell printer 016-302
Young frugal family wanting to drive around Lake Michigan! HELP