Ive heard great things about this forum as I'm needing some great vacation advice!
We are a young family with children ages 4 and 6 and looking to drive around lake michigan this summer in the end of July... First two days will be in chicago and weve got that part finished but now we are going to drive north and then back around into Illinois and have no clue where we should stay, eat, or what activities there are for a young family... We like beaches, amusement parks, children museums, parks, a little nature as long as its hands on for the kids, the husband likes sports, and a little history is always good. Trying to keep our hotel or b&b budget around 100-120 a night and wed just need two doubles or a king with a pullout couch for the kids.. We are planning the trip to be about 10 days long and the first two are in chicago....so ive got 8 to fill OR suggest something totally different!! We are in southern illinois and looking for a great family vacation spot!
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 portland and area
- 2 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 3 Kauai Eats... Recommendations??
- 4 St. Louis Metro from Airport to Amtrak Station
- 5 San Francisco to LA, road or rail?
- 6 Vermont/New Hampshire
- 7 Arriving EWR- which flight should I choose based on traffic to Manhattan
- 8 Something new/ different between Jackson WY and Billings, MT
- 9 Suggestions on transport from Las Vegas to San Francisco
- 10 Ideas please for travel between Grand Canyon & Monument Valley
- 11 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 12 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 13 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 14 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 15 Yellowstone in Early October?
- 16 drive from sfo to glen ellen
- 17 Carmel for 5 nights with baby
- 18 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 19 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 20 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 21 first time new yorker with a baby, need help on newark to a broadway hotel
- 22 Areas to Stay in Boston
- 23 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 24 South Carolina
- 25 Driving trip Chicago to San Francisco
Young frugal family wanting to drive around Lake Michigan! HELP