Ive heard great things about this forum as I'm needing some great vacation advice!
We are a young family with children ages 4 and 6 and looking to drive around lake michigan this summer in the end of July... First two days will be in chicago and weve got that part finished but now we are going to drive north and then back around into Illinois and have no clue where we should stay, eat, or what activities there are for a young family... We like beaches, amusement parks, children museums, parks, a little nature as long as its hands on for the kids, the husband likes sports, and a little history is always good. Trying to keep our hotel or b&b budget around 100-120 a night and wed just need two doubles or a king with a pullout couch for the kids.. We are planning the trip to be about 10 days long and the first two are in chicago....so ive got 8 to fill OR suggest something totally different!! We are in southern illinois and looking for a great family vacation spot!
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago Stamina
- 2 las vegas anyone
- 3 Glacier, Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks
- 4 Finding Steve Perry
- 5 Hiking 'the wave'
- 6 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 7 Hawaii: 3 islands
- 8 Fall colours first 2 weeks of October Boston area
- 9 Wyoming and Dakotas National Parks
- 10 Tksgiving trip Anacortes or Whidbey Island?
- 11 Any suggestions for the holidays 2016
- 12 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 13 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 14 Restaurant Help Needed
- 15 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Policy
- 16 Trip to visit our children in St Louis, MO and Little Rock, AR.
- 17 Best Culinary Tour in Charleston?
- 18 Seattle first timers....outdoor trip in October
- 19 Dog friendly beaches near Savannah?
- 20 Pacific Northwest Food and Wine
- 21 Last Minute NYC tips??
- 22 LA to Carlsbad, 7 days, December
- 23 San Jose to Napa Valley
- 24 5 Day Photography Road Trip from Vegas to Denver
- 25 Foliage in Vermont
Young frugal family wanting to drive around Lake Michigan! HELP