Ive heard great things about this forum as I'm needing some great vacation advice!
We are a young family with children ages 4 and 6 and looking to drive around lake michigan this summer in the end of July... First two days will be in chicago and weve got that part finished but now we are going to drive north and then back around into Illinois and have no clue where we should stay, eat, or what activities there are for a young family... We like beaches, amusement parks, children museums, parks, a little nature as long as its hands on for the kids, the husband likes sports, and a little history is always good. Trying to keep our hotel or b&b budget around 100-120 a night and wed just need two doubles or a king with a pullout couch for the kids.. We are planning the trip to be about 10 days long and the first two are in chicago....so ive got 8 to fill OR suggest something totally different!! We are in southern illinois and looking for a great family vacation spot!
Thanks for any help!
Young frugal family wanting to drive around Lake Michigan! HELP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 2 Best accomodation in LA on a budget
- 3 NYC
- 4 Please help me with my Minnesota itinerary
- 5 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 6 Detroit, MI to Portland or bust.
- 7 Toronto to Coastal Maine 1 Week Road Trip
- 8 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 9 Safari Desert Boots by Bata
- 10 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 11 Las Vegas - what to do solo
- 12 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 13 Montreal - 3 Day Trip
- 14 Seattle: Something Different?
- 15 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 16 Back from Miami Beach
- 17 Finger Lakes Itinerary Help
- 18 Blue Ridge Parkway Help!
- 19 Staying in Hollywood or Santa Monica area?
- 20 Boston GTG? 7/17/14
- 21 Which National Park/s with 7-year-old & possibly grandparents
- 22 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 23 Exciting new play opening at DR 2 Theatre, New York City, on July 24 2014
- 24 Can Anyone Suggest Me Tourism Evolution Services ?
- 25 Grand Canyon helicopter tour from Las Vegas