Ive heard great things about this forum as I'm needing some great vacation advice!
We are a young family with children ages 4 and 6 and looking to drive around lake michigan this summer in the end of July... First two days will be in chicago and weve got that part finished but now we are going to drive north and then back around into Illinois and have no clue where we should stay, eat, or what activities there are for a young family... We like beaches, amusement parks, children museums, parks, a little nature as long as its hands on for the kids, the husband likes sports, and a little history is always good. Trying to keep our hotel or b&b budget around 100-120 a night and wed just need two doubles or a king with a pullout couch for the kids.. We are planning the trip to be about 10 days long and the first two are in chicago....so ive got 8 to fill OR suggest something totally different!! We are in southern illinois and looking for a great family vacation spot!
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 2 Yellowstone June 2014
- 3 Ticket to Matilda on 7/16, NYC
- 4 2 months in Hawaii!
- 5 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 6 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning
- 7 Help tweak my Colorado itinerary
- 8 NEEDED: Travel Agent for Honeymoon in Hawaii
- 9 Horseback riding in Waipio Valley
- 10 Road trip from DC to NYC--help with itinerary?
- 11 Annapolis to Boston
- 12 Road Trip
- 13 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall
- 14 NY to North Carolina family road trip in August
- 15 My Bucket List Retirement Trip
- 16 Rail from New York to Washington, D.C.
- 17 Vegetarian in Boston
- 18 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 19 Maui hotel for 20 somethings...
- 20 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 21 Solo Trip to Seattle on a Budget
- 22 Hawaii vacation- please help
- 23 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 24 Washington, D.C. Metro info please?
- 25 Seeing An "American" Icon
Young frugal family wanting to drive around Lake Michigan! HELP