Ive heard great things about this forum as I'm needing some great vacation advice!
We are a young family with children ages 4 and 6 and looking to drive around lake michigan this summer in the end of July... First two days will be in chicago and weve got that part finished but now we are going to drive north and then back around into Illinois and have no clue where we should stay, eat, or what activities there are for a young family... We like beaches, amusement parks, children museums, parks, a little nature as long as its hands on for the kids, the husband likes sports, and a little history is always good. Trying to keep our hotel or b&b budget around 100-120 a night and wed just need two doubles or a king with a pullout couch for the kids.. We are planning the trip to be about 10 days long and the first two are in chicago....so ive got 8 to fill OR suggest something totally different!! We are in southern illinois and looking for a great family vacation spot!
Thanks for any help!
Young frugal family wanting to drive around Lake Michigan! HELP
- 1 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 2 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 3 hotel near Met NYC
- 4 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 5 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 6 Princeville in January
- 7 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 8 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 9 Warm and don't Drive
- 10 RIP Judy Rogers
- 11 pa to az
- 12 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 13 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 14 Savanah Sojourn
- 15 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 16 Christmas Day Dinner in Charleston SC
- 17 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 18 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 19 Calling Cards for Hawaii Travelers?
- 20 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 21 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 22 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 23 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 24 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 25 Yountville or Napa in February??