Ive heard great things about this forum as I'm needing some great vacation advice!
We are a young family with children ages 4 and 6 and looking to drive around lake michigan this summer in the end of July... First two days will be in chicago and weve got that part finished but now we are going to drive north and then back around into Illinois and have no clue where we should stay, eat, or what activities there are for a young family... We like beaches, amusement parks, children museums, parks, a little nature as long as its hands on for the kids, the husband likes sports, and a little history is always good. Trying to keep our hotel or b&b budget around 100-120 a night and wed just need two doubles or a king with a pullout couch for the kids.. We are planning the trip to be about 10 days long and the first two are in chicago....so ive got 8 to fill OR suggest something totally different!! We are in southern illinois and looking for a great family vacation spot!
Thanks for any help!
Young frugal family wanting to drive around Lake Michigan! HELP
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 2 Tipping advice
- 3 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 4 los angeles restaurants
- 5 "American in Paris" on Broadway
- 6 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 7 New Year's Eve in Philadelphia
- 8 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 9 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 10 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 11 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 12 Oregon- Crater Lake and Mount Hood vs Montana- Glacier Bay National Park
- 13 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 14 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 15 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 16 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids
- 17 NW Houston restaurant help
- 18 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 19 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 20 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 21 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 22 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 23 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 24 charleston during Christmas Week
- 25 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach