Everyone on Fodors insisted that we stay the night at Yosemite but now i'm stuck trying to work out the best plan of attack for the return trip.
We have booked the Amtrak which sees us arrive in Yosemite at 1:20pm on Friday Nov 8. We have booked a night's stay at the Curry Lodge. From Yosemite we need to get to SFO to board our 10:10am flight to Las Vegas on Nov 10.
Now I'm stuck trying to work out how to best get to SFO from Yosemite. I want to spend as much time as possible at Yosemite on Sat Nov 9.
There's an Amtrak that leaves at 6pm on Nov 9 and arrives in San Francisco at 12:35am. What is the closest station to SFO? We're thinking rather than finding a hotel and checking in etc for a few hours sleep we'll just go from Yosemite straight to SFO and have a few hours sleep there instead.
Is our only option to get the 6pm Amtrak and arrive in San Francisco at 12:35am and then hop on the BARTS to SFO?
And renting a car isn't an option because most rentals don't allow the cables which we will need.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://newhealthsupplement.com/exoslim/
- 2 International transferring planes at CDG
- 3 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 4 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 5 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 6 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 7 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 8 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 9 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 10 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 11 blue ridge parkway?
- 12 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 13 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 14 San Diego, mission valley
- 15 First Trip to New Mexico
- 16 Taxi from Honolulu airport to hotels
- 17 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 18 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 19 November redwoods trip
- 20 Charleston - how long to stay?
- 21 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 22 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 23 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW
- 24 MN lake home rental needed
- 25 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...