Everyone on Fodors insisted that we stay the night at Yosemite but now i'm stuck trying to work out the best plan of attack for the return trip.
We have booked the Amtrak which sees us arrive in Yosemite at 1:20pm on Friday Nov 8. We have booked a night's stay at the Curry Lodge. From Yosemite we need to get to SFO to board our 10:10am flight to Las Vegas on Nov 10.
Now I'm stuck trying to work out how to best get to SFO from Yosemite. I want to spend as much time as possible at Yosemite on Sat Nov 9.
There's an Amtrak that leaves at 6pm on Nov 9 and arrives in San Francisco at 12:35am. What is the closest station to SFO? We're thinking rather than finding a hotel and checking in etc for a few hours sleep we'll just go from Yosemite straight to SFO and have a few hours sleep there instead.
Is our only option to get the 6pm Amtrak and arrive in San Francisco at 12:35am and then hop on the BARTS to SFO?
And renting a car isn't an option because most rentals don't allow the cables which we will need.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://probiomaxmexico.com/goji-life-mexico/
- 2 Road trip around Washington DC
- 3 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 4 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 5 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 6 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 7 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 8 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 9 Weather in Chicago
- 10 Las V- Grand C - Lake Tahoe
- 11 Help me with this
- 12 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 13 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 14 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 15 New Orleans
- 16 7 days in Maine September 23,2017
- 17 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 18 Oregon road trip
- 19 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 20 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 21 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 22 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 23 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 24 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 25 Dining in St. Louis