Everyone on Fodors insisted that we stay the night at Yosemite but now i'm stuck trying to work out the best plan of attack for the return trip.
We have booked the Amtrak which sees us arrive in Yosemite at 1:20pm on Friday Nov 8. We have booked a night's stay at the Curry Lodge. From Yosemite we need to get to SFO to board our 10:10am flight to Las Vegas on Nov 10.
Now I'm stuck trying to work out how to best get to SFO from Yosemite. I want to spend as much time as possible at Yosemite on Sat Nov 9.
There's an Amtrak that leaves at 6pm on Nov 9 and arrives in San Francisco at 12:35am. What is the closest station to SFO? We're thinking rather than finding a hotel and checking in etc for a few hours sleep we'll just go from Yosemite straight to SFO and have a few hours sleep there instead.
Is our only option to get the 6pm Amtrak and arrive in San Francisco at 12:35am and then hop on the BARTS to SFO?
And renting a car isn't an option because most rentals don't allow the cables which we will need.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 2 Ideas for New York
- 3 Parka in PA during February?
- 4 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 5 Border crossing
- 6 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 7 Restaurants in the San Francisco area
- 8 Back from the Big Easy
- 9 Cross country tips
- 10 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 11 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 12 Driving Alaska
- 13 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 14 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 15 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 16 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 17 Rental cars at Tampa cruiseport 3
- 18 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 19 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 20 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 21 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 22 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 23 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 24 IAH to HOU Questions
- 25 Jazzfest side trips