Everyone on Fodors insisted that we stay the night at Yosemite but now i'm stuck trying to work out the best plan of attack for the return trip.
We have booked the Amtrak which sees us arrive in Yosemite at 1:20pm on Friday Nov 8. We have booked a night's stay at the Curry Lodge. From Yosemite we need to get to SFO to board our 10:10am flight to Las Vegas on Nov 10.
Now I'm stuck trying to work out how to best get to SFO from Yosemite. I want to spend as much time as possible at Yosemite on Sat Nov 9.
There's an Amtrak that leaves at 6pm on Nov 9 and arrives in San Francisco at 12:35am. What is the closest station to SFO? We're thinking rather than finding a hotel and checking in etc for a few hours sleep we'll just go from Yosemite straight to SFO and have a few hours sleep there instead.
Is our only option to get the 6pm Amtrak and arrive in San Francisco at 12:35am and then hop on the BARTS to SFO?
And renting a car isn't an option because most rentals don't allow the cables which we will need.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 science based six pack
- 2 Black History Museum
- 3 Chicago 2017
- 4 Another Great DC Trip
- 5 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 6 Wash DC VRBO recommendation
- 7 Secaucus as base for New York 3 days-advice
- 8 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 9 How much time in Badlands?
- 10 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 11 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 12 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 13 DC Restaurants
- 14 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 15 Short Oregon Trip
- 16 usa roadtrip
- 17 Hawaii and...where?
- 18 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 19 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 20 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 21 Christmas in Colorado
- 22 Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde
- 23 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 24 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 25 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall