Everyone on Fodors insisted that we stay the night at Yosemite but now i'm stuck trying to work out the best plan of attack for the return trip.
We have booked the Amtrak which sees us arrive in Yosemite at 1:20pm on Friday Nov 8. We have booked a night's stay at the Curry Lodge. From Yosemite we need to get to SFO to board our 10:10am flight to Las Vegas on Nov 10.
Now I'm stuck trying to work out how to best get to SFO from Yosemite. I want to spend as much time as possible at Yosemite on Sat Nov 9.
There's an Amtrak that leaves at 6pm on Nov 9 and arrives in San Francisco at 12:35am. What is the closest station to SFO? We're thinking rather than finding a hotel and checking in etc for a few hours sleep we'll just go from Yosemite straight to SFO and have a few hours sleep there instead.
Is our only option to get the 6pm Amtrak and arrive in San Francisco at 12:35am and then hop on the BARTS to SFO?
And renting a car isn't an option because most rentals don't allow the cables which we will need.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Currency and hotels
- 2 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 3 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 4 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 5 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 6 Arizona in winter
- 7 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
- 8 Travel in Houston and surrounding area
- 9 Vegas with toddler twins
- 10 Las Vegas Vacation
- 11 OHare car service north suburbs
- 12 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 13 Restaurant Recommendations mid-city Manhattan
- 14 disneyland
- 15 Paris-Room Selection Advice Needed ASAP for last minute trip. TIA.
- 16 Key West
- 17 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 18 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 19 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 20 moving to Florida
- 21 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 22 DC restaurant report
- 23 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 24 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 25 Northern California Redwoods