Everyone on Fodors insisted that we stay the night at Yosemite but now i'm stuck trying to work out the best plan of attack for the return trip.
We have booked the Amtrak which sees us arrive in Yosemite at 1:20pm on Friday Nov 8. We have booked a night's stay at the Curry Lodge. From Yosemite we need to get to SFO to board our 10:10am flight to Las Vegas on Nov 10.
Now I'm stuck trying to work out how to best get to SFO from Yosemite. I want to spend as much time as possible at Yosemite on Sat Nov 9.
There's an Amtrak that leaves at 6pm on Nov 9 and arrives in San Francisco at 12:35am. What is the closest station to SFO? We're thinking rather than finding a hotel and checking in etc for a few hours sleep we'll just go from Yosemite straight to SFO and have a few hours sleep there instead.
Is our only option to get the 6pm Amtrak and arrive in San Francisco at 12:35am and then hop on the BARTS to SFO?
And renting a car isn't an option because most rentals don't allow the cables which we will need.
Yosemite transportation (to SFO)
- 1 ACHETER FAUX PASSEPORT(email@example.com)
- 2 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 3 Question about Boulder area
- 4 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 5 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 6 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 7 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 8 Pix from Paradise (Kauai)
- 9 6 Reasons Hawaii Will Ruin Your Life
- 10 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 11 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 12 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 13 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 14 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 15 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 16 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 17 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 18 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 19 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 20 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 21 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 22 Biloxi questions again
- 23 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 24 Madison Square Garden
- 25 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?