Everyone on Fodors insisted that we stay the night at Yosemite but now i'm stuck trying to work out the best plan of attack for the return trip.
We have booked the Amtrak which sees us arrive in Yosemite at 1:20pm on Friday Nov 8. We have booked a night's stay at the Curry Lodge. From Yosemite we need to get to SFO to board our 10:10am flight to Las Vegas on Nov 10.
Now I'm stuck trying to work out how to best get to SFO from Yosemite. I want to spend as much time as possible at Yosemite on Sat Nov 9.
There's an Amtrak that leaves at 6pm on Nov 9 and arrives in San Francisco at 12:35am. What is the closest station to SFO? We're thinking rather than finding a hotel and checking in etc for a few hours sleep we'll just go from Yosemite straight to SFO and have a few hours sleep there instead.
Is our only option to get the 6pm Amtrak and arrive in San Francisco at 12:35am and then hop on the BARTS to SFO?
And renting a car isn't an option because most rentals don't allow the cables which we will need.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A weekend in Alaska: Northern Lights and more
- 2 Bugs on Sanibel Island
- 3 Okc,Ok to Taos,NM
- 4 Southwest Colorado and beetle kill
- 5 Alaska Road Trip (Anchorage-Denali-Valdez)
- 6 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 7 NJ to Florida drive
- 8 Kauai in November
- 9 Pacific Coast Drive, San Francisco to Seattle
- 10 Blue Whale Inn, RI
- 11 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 12 Boston/Cape/ Back to Boston (Or Have we Made a Big Mistake?)
- 13 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 14 Grade 12 subjects
- 15 Route Dr. - FLA speed traps?
- 16 what western states to spend the most time in
- 17 Yellowstone Lake Scenic Cruise
- 18 easy to access car rental near but not in Logan Airport
- 19 San Francisco Itinerary help
- 20 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 21 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 22 Alcatraz Tour in SF
- 23 What's There to Do in Kauai???
- 24 San Francisco accommodation suggestions for November
- 25 San Francisco Area - 8 days