For part of a US roadtrip we're doing, we're looking at camping in Yosemite National Park (probably Curry Village) for a couple of days in early November (Nov 1-3) before driving to Las Vegas, hopefully through Death Valley, but we have a few issues.
Firstly, our first night (of three nights, Nov 3-6) in Vegas seems to have fallen on a convention night, making that night alone double the price, so we're thinking of perhaps staying just outside of Vegas for that first night so we can drive into Vegas early the next day and spend 2 nights in a nicer hotel on the Strip.
Can anyone think of a decent town to stay in close to Vegas that's en route from Yosemite (possibly via Death Valley)..?
And is it worth simply driving through Death Valley on the way? (that's all we have time to do)
One more thing: Can anyone comment on camping at Curry Village? We have good sleeping bags, blankets, and a decent tent, and all we really want is a campground inside the park with restrooms, shower facilities and perhaps nice scenery.
Thanks very much!
Jessie and Dion.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 2 Miami airport--safety??
- 3 Las vegas hotel off the beaten path
- 4 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 5 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 6 US whole month of January where to
- 7 LA/ Santa Monica with boyfriend and another couple!
- 8 San Fran & Monterey Bay with Tweens
- 9 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 10 I95 or I81 to Florida from NJ on Memorial Day Weekend Friday?
- 11 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 12 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 13 Recent Spam Attacks
- 14 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 15 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 16 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 17 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 18 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 19 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 20 Baltimore Weekend
- 21 Dinosaur National Monument
- 22 Road trip LA to Phoenix via Grand Canyon
- 23 Is Yosemite worth going too in July?
- 24 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 25 Things to do in Toronto