For part of a US roadtrip we're doing, we're looking at camping in Yosemite National Park (probably Curry Village) for a couple of days in early November (Nov 1-3) before driving to Las Vegas, hopefully through Death Valley, but we have a few issues.
Firstly, our first night (of three nights, Nov 3-6) in Vegas seems to have fallen on a convention night, making that night alone double the price, so we're thinking of perhaps staying just outside of Vegas for that first night so we can drive into Vegas early the next day and spend 2 nights in a nicer hotel on the Strip.
Can anyone think of a decent town to stay in close to Vegas that's en route from Yosemite (possibly via Death Valley)..?
And is it worth simply driving through Death Valley on the way? (that's all we have time to do)
One more thing: Can anyone comment on camping at Curry Village? We have good sleeping bags, blankets, and a decent tent, and all we really want is a campground inside the park with restrooms, shower facilities and perhaps nice scenery.
Thanks very much!
Jessie and Dion.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 2 Grand Circle Trip from Ohio
- 3 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 4 Short warm weather family vacation in January or February
- 5 Las Vegas in February - hotel recommendations please
- 6 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 7 Rhode Island Get Away
- 8 Avis or Budget from LAX
- 9 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 10 Vancouver to Washington State
- 11 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 12 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 13 Glacier National Park 2018
- 14 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 15 Adirondacks trip repot
- 16 New England Tour
- 17 Carmel CA lodging
- 18 Driving CA 395
- 19 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 20 Yosemite - importance of staying in park?
- 21 Hotel Picks - Kauai
- 22 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 23 Maui and Kauai
- 24 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 25 Hawaii wedding