For part of a US roadtrip we're doing, we're looking at camping in Yosemite National Park (probably Curry Village) for a couple of days in early November (Nov 1-3) before driving to Las Vegas, hopefully through Death Valley, but we have a few issues.
Firstly, our first night (of three nights, Nov 3-6) in Vegas seems to have fallen on a convention night, making that night alone double the price, so we're thinking of perhaps staying just outside of Vegas for that first night so we can drive into Vegas early the next day and spend 2 nights in a nicer hotel on the Strip.
Can anyone think of a decent town to stay in close to Vegas that's en route from Yosemite (possibly via Death Valley)..?
And is it worth simply driving through Death Valley on the way? (that's all we have time to do)
One more thing: Can anyone comment on camping at Curry Village? We have good sleeping bags, blankets, and a decent tent, and all we really want is a campground inside the park with restrooms, shower facilities and perhaps nice scenery.
Thanks very much!
Jessie and Dion.
Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley
- 1 Warm and don't Drive
- 2 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 3 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 4 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 5 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 6 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 7 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 8 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 9 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 10 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 11 RIP Judy Rogers
- 12 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 13 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 14 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE
- 15 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 16 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 17 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 18 hotel near Met NYC
- 19 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 20 Princeville in January
- 21 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 22 pa to az
- 23 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 24 Savanah Sojourn
- 25 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?