For part of a US roadtrip we're doing, we're looking at camping in Yosemite National Park (probably Curry Village) for a couple of days in early November (Nov 1-3) before driving to Las Vegas, hopefully through Death Valley, but we have a few issues.
Firstly, our first night (of three nights, Nov 3-6) in Vegas seems to have fallen on a convention night, making that night alone double the price, so we're thinking of perhaps staying just outside of Vegas for that first night so we can drive into Vegas early the next day and spend 2 nights in a nicer hotel on the Strip.
Can anyone think of a decent town to stay in close to Vegas that's en route from Yosemite (possibly via Death Valley)..?
And is it worth simply driving through Death Valley on the way? (that's all we have time to do)
One more thing: Can anyone comment on camping at Curry Village? We have good sleeping bags, blankets, and a decent tent, and all we really want is a campground inside the park with restrooms, shower facilities and perhaps nice scenery.
Thanks very much!
Jessie and Dion.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Maine in May?
- 2 Living room should have easy access to the sunshine.
- 3 http://www.supplement4choice.com/dermagieo-serum/
- 4 Are you looking Root of Success?
- 5 http://goldenhealthcenters.com/testx-core/
- 6 http://intelligentadvices.com/1TAC-MILITARY/
- 7 Are you looking Best polling result?
- 8 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 9 Seaside, California
- 10 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 11 JFK Terminal 8
- 12 Dinner Cruise down San Antonio River?
- 13 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 14 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 15 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 16 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 17 NYC Discounted Metropolitan Opera Tickets
- 18 washington-blueridge parkway-myrtle beach
- 19 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 20 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 21 Bed and Breakfast
- 22 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 23 What car service?
- 24 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 25 Denali