For part of a US roadtrip we're doing, we're looking at camping in Yosemite National Park (probably Curry Village) for a couple of days in early November (Nov 1-3) before driving to Las Vegas, hopefully through Death Valley, but we have a few issues.
Firstly, our first night (of three nights, Nov 3-6) in Vegas seems to have fallen on a convention night, making that night alone double the price, so we're thinking of perhaps staying just outside of Vegas for that first night so we can drive into Vegas early the next day and spend 2 nights in a nicer hotel on the Strip.
Can anyone think of a decent town to stay in close to Vegas that's en route from Yosemite (possibly via Death Valley)..?
And is it worth simply driving through Death Valley on the way? (that's all we have time to do)
One more thing: Can anyone comment on camping at Curry Village? We have good sleeping bags, blankets, and a decent tent, and all we really want is a campground inside the park with restrooms, shower facilities and perhaps nice scenery.
Thanks very much!
Jessie and Dion.
Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 2 San Diego parks and attractions
- 3 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 4 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 5 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 6 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 7 Alaska
- 8 First family ski trip
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 11 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 12 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 13 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 14 NYC theatre broadway
- 15 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 16 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 17 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 18 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 19 5 nights in/around Yellowstone w/ kids
- 20 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 21 San Diego grocery stores
- 22 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 23 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 24 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles