For part of a US roadtrip we're doing, we're looking at camping in Yosemite National Park (probably Curry Village) for a couple of days in early November (Nov 1-3) before driving to Las Vegas, hopefully through Death Valley, but we have a few issues.
Firstly, our first night (of three nights, Nov 3-6) in Vegas seems to have fallen on a convention night, making that night alone double the price, so we're thinking of perhaps staying just outside of Vegas for that first night so we can drive into Vegas early the next day and spend 2 nights in a nicer hotel on the Strip.
Can anyone think of a decent town to stay in close to Vegas that's en route from Yosemite (possibly via Death Valley)..?
And is it worth simply driving through Death Valley on the way? (that's all we have time to do)
One more thing: Can anyone comment on camping at Curry Village? We have good sleeping bags, blankets, and a decent tent, and all we really want is a campground inside the park with restrooms, shower facilities and perhaps nice scenery.
Thanks very much!
Jessie and Dion.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.drozdietplan.com/nitro-boost-max/
- 2 Withdrawing cash to buy a car
- 3 Itinerary help for Boston and Islands
- 4 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 5 Flower Piano
- 6 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 7 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 8 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 9 Maine weather and temps
- 10 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 11 Road Trip Itinerary Help
- 12 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 13 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 14 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 15 Yosemite conditions next 5 days - too smoky?
- 16 Newport RI Jazz Festival
- 17 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 18 Need some itinerary help with Las Vegas to Phoenix road trip
- 19 Key West July 2017 - Here We Go Again!
- 20 Suggestions on Timing for Denali Shuttle Tour?
- 21 Alcatrez sold out
- 22 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 23 WA to CT
- 24 The Frugals Go To Maine
- 25 Kids missing three weeks of school.