For part of a US roadtrip we're doing, we're looking at camping in Yosemite National Park (probably Curry Village) for a couple of days in early November (Nov 1-3) before driving to Las Vegas, hopefully through Death Valley, but we have a few issues.
Firstly, our first night (of three nights, Nov 3-6) in Vegas seems to have fallen on a convention night, making that night alone double the price, so we're thinking of perhaps staying just outside of Vegas for that first night so we can drive into Vegas early the next day and spend 2 nights in a nicer hotel on the Strip.
Can anyone think of a decent town to stay in close to Vegas that's en route from Yosemite (possibly via Death Valley)..?
And is it worth simply driving through Death Valley on the way? (that's all we have time to do)
One more thing: Can anyone comment on camping at Curry Village? We have good sleeping bags, blankets, and a decent tent, and all we really want is a campground inside the park with restrooms, shower facilities and perhaps nice scenery.
Thanks very much!
Jessie and Dion.
Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Condos near Disney World
- 2 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 3 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 4 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 5 family celebration trip
- 6 New England September
- 7 searching for urban master planned community
- 8 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 9 Deep South sept 2015
- 10 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 11 Hawaii Group Travel
- 12 Austin Food Trucks
- 13 New York To Ashville NC
- 14 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 15 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 16 Fmpden, are you there?
- 17 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 18 Planning Christmas in NYC-is it nuts?
- 19 Southern NJ and Bucks County PA - how's it look?
- 20 Train from Memphis to New Orleans
- 21 Charleston Islands
- 22 Family Spring Break 2015
- 23 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 24 san diego or nearby area
- 25 Mother Daughter Trip