For part of a US roadtrip we're doing, we're looking at camping in Yosemite National Park (probably Curry Village) for a couple of days in early November (Nov 1-3) before driving to Las Vegas, hopefully through Death Valley, but we have a few issues.
Firstly, our first night (of three nights, Nov 3-6) in Vegas seems to have fallen on a convention night, making that night alone double the price, so we're thinking of perhaps staying just outside of Vegas for that first night so we can drive into Vegas early the next day and spend 2 nights in a nicer hotel on the Strip.
Can anyone think of a decent town to stay in close to Vegas that's en route from Yosemite (possibly via Death Valley)..?
And is it worth simply driving through Death Valley on the way? (that's all we have time to do)
One more thing: Can anyone comment on camping at Curry Village? We have good sleeping bags, blankets, and a decent tent, and all we really want is a campground inside the park with restrooms, shower facilities and perhaps nice scenery.
Thanks very much!
Jessie and Dion.
Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 2 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 3 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 4 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 5 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 6 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 7 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 8 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 9 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 10 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 11 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 12 Best Destination in USA
- 13 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 14 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 15 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 16 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 17 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 18 x mas
- 19 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 20 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 21 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 22 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 23 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 24 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 25 Choosing best Seats Radio City