In August I'll be backpacking in Yosemite starting on the mirror lake to snow creek trail head. I plan to hike from there up to north dome, across upper yosemite falls, all the way to the to of El Capitan and then back down to the valley floor through the yosemite falls trail. How many days should this take? I'll be traveling with two teenagers and another adult, all of whom are tough wilderness lovers, but none with any backpacking experience so we won't be going too fast. Also, and most importantly: I know that from the top of El Cap there is a good distance down a slope before you get to the edge. Is there any chance of getting to the edge and peeking over without any special equipment? That would be the HIGHLIGHT of the whole trip if possible! Thanks for your input and if you have any suggestions on places to stop or any advice that pertains to my trail head I would be very appreciative!
View all United States activity »
- 1 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 2 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 3 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 4 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 5 Warm and don't Drive
- 6 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 7 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 8 Train from Boston to Rockport?
- 9 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 10 Rockport, MA dining?
- 11 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 12 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 13 Princeville in January
- 14 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 15 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 16 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 17 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 18 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 19 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 20 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 21 RIP Judy Rogers
- 22 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 23 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE
- 24 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 25 hotel near Met NYC