In August I'll be backpacking in Yosemite starting on the mirror lake to snow creek trail head. I plan to hike from there up to north dome, across upper yosemite falls, all the way to the to of El Capitan and then back down to the valley floor through the yosemite falls trail. How many days should this take? I'll be traveling with two teenagers and another adult, all of whom are tough wilderness lovers, but none with any backpacking experience so we won't be going too fast. Also, and most importantly: I know that from the top of El Cap there is a good distance down a slope before you get to the edge. Is there any chance of getting to the edge and peeking over without any special equipment? That would be the HIGHLIGHT of the whole trip if possible! Thanks for your input and if you have any suggestions on places to stop or any advice that pertains to my trail head I would be very appreciative!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First family ski trip
- 2 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 3 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 4 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 5 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 6 Visiting Denver
- 7 Visiting Denver
- 8 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 9 NYC theatre broadway
- 10 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 11 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 12 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 13 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 A day in Dallas
- 16 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 17 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 18 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 19 Door County Suggestions
- 20 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 21 February 2015 Florida getaway for couples
- 22 The island of Hawaii--half a trip report!!!
- 23 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 24 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 25 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?