In August I'll be backpacking in Yosemite starting on the mirror lake to snow creek trail head. I plan to hike from there up to north dome, across upper yosemite falls, all the way to the to of El Capitan and then back down to the valley floor through the yosemite falls trail. How many days should this take? I'll be traveling with two teenagers and another adult, all of whom are tough wilderness lovers, but none with any backpacking experience so we won't be going too fast. Also, and most importantly: I know that from the top of El Cap there is a good distance down a slope before you get to the edge. Is there any chance of getting to the edge and peeking over without any special equipment? That would be the HIGHLIGHT of the whole trip if possible! Thanks for your input and if you have any suggestions on places to stop or any advice that pertains to my trail head I would be very appreciative!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Jersey Boys Show ? Las Vegas
- 2 best area to stay in san diego
- 3 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 4 layover
- 5 A few NYC questions about 9/11 memorial tours and more.
- 6 Westin Portland Harborview or Residence Inn ... another downtown hotel?
- 7 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 8 Vegas hotels for families
- 9 3 star hotels in manhattan
- 10 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 11 San Francisco - mid October
- 12 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 13 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 14 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 15 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 16 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 17 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 18 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 19 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 20 Denver 1 day in denver
- 21 Vegas Hotels-NY,NY, MIrage, Vdara
- 22 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 23 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 24 Burlington VT day trip
- 25 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour