DH & I spent 9 days with DH's family on MDI/Acadia NP earlier this month. Although I have been to MDI twice in the past, I've never spent this amount of time there. This time around, I finally had time to enjoy and explore the island. On this trip, we mostly went hiking, but DH & I also rented bikes and canoes.
Me, DH, DH's sister, DH's parents
Second week of September, 2011
We were invited to DH cousin's wedding on MDI. DH's grandparents had a summer home on the island, so the extended family used to spend summer vacations there. We decided that instead of driving 6+ hours there and back for a short weekend stay to attend the wedding, we should turn this into a family vacation and spend an entire week on MDI.
Where we stayed:
We rented a 3BR home near Somesville towards Echo lake. However, the rental is only available Sat->Sat, and since the wedding is on the first Sat afternoon, we chose to drive up to MDI on Friday and stayed at a motel Friday night. DH's parents & sis-in-law stayed at Kimball Terrace in Northeast Harbor. DH & I stayed at Colonel Suite's just around the corner.
Colonel Suites turned out to be a nice find. http://colonelssuites.com/ It is run by the couple who owns the bakery & restaurant of the same name; and they decided to rent out a couple of suites that are above the restaurant. It reminds me of a gasthaus I've stayed in Germany: there is no front desk or reception. We checked in at the bakery and were given our key. All the info we needed is in the room.
I reserved the smallest room - a junior suite. It turns out to be very spacious, with a sitting area with couch, coffee table; and a small kitchenette (mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, sink, utensils, dishes & glasses). The bedroom has a king bed which is very, very comfortable. The bathroom has a full bath. Outside in the common hallway is washer/dryer.
Here's photo of our room:
Breakfast in the restaurant is included in our room rate. It's a generous fare. I chose blueberry pancakes with sausage patties, OJ, coffee (all included).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Blackcore Edge: Is This An Unsafe Supplement?
- 2 Muscle XTX – No.1 formula for build stamina power....
- 3 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 4 Enjoy maximum performances in gym
- 5 Food4Patriots - Safe and effective way to store foods
- 6 http://justantiagingcare.com/rejuvolyte-skin-cream/
- 7 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 8 Family reunion ideas
- 9 http://fornatgaex.com/pure-forskolin-xt-reviews/
- 10 http://fornatgaex.com/pure-forskolin-xt-reviews/
- 11 http://www.musclehealthfitness.com/muscle-xtx/
- 12 Southern history- walkable cities
- 13 DrillBit Warehouse
- 14 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 15 http://www.fitwaypoint.com/power-boost-x/
- 16 the idea of using a natural manhood
- 17 My Topic Titlehttp://www.supplementsauthority.com/androx-extreme/
- 18 http://advancemenpower.com/x-alpha-muscle/
- 19 the reality that this living grown pay
- 20 http://newhealthsupplement.com/muscle-xtx/
- 21 http://trexmusclesite.com/raw-power-xl-reviews/
- 22 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 23 best floor tile installation service in maryland
- 24 http://xtremenitroshred.com/muscle-xtx/
- 25 http://xtremenitroshred.com/megadrox-and-testadrox-sale/
yk's 9-day family vacation on Mount Desert Island/Acadia NP, Sept 2011