DH & I spent 9 days with DH's family on MDI/Acadia NP earlier this month. Although I have been to MDI twice in the past, I've never spent this amount of time there. This time around, I finally had time to enjoy and explore the island. On this trip, we mostly went hiking, but DH & I also rented bikes and canoes.
Me, DH, DH's sister, DH's parents
Second week of September, 2011
We were invited to DH cousin's wedding on MDI. DH's grandparents had a summer home on the island, so the extended family used to spend summer vacations there. We decided that instead of driving 6+ hours there and back for a short weekend stay to attend the wedding, we should turn this into a family vacation and spend an entire week on MDI.
Where we stayed:
We rented a 3BR home near Somesville towards Echo lake. However, the rental is only available Sat->Sat, and since the wedding is on the first Sat afternoon, we chose to drive up to MDI on Friday and stayed at a motel Friday night. DH's parents & sis-in-law stayed at Kimball Terrace in Northeast Harbor. DH & I stayed at Colonel Suite's just around the corner.
Colonel Suites turned out to be a nice find. http://colonelssuites.com/ It is run by the couple who owns the bakery & restaurant of the same name; and they decided to rent out a couple of suites that are above the restaurant. It reminds me of a gasthaus I've stayed in Germany: there is no front desk or reception. We checked in at the bakery and were given our key. All the info we needed is in the room.
I reserved the smallest room - a junior suite. It turns out to be very spacious, with a sitting area with couch, coffee table; and a small kitchenette (mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, sink, utensils, dishes & glasses). The bedroom has a king bed which is very, very comfortable. The bathroom has a full bath. Outside in the common hallway is washer/dryer.
Here's photo of our room:
Breakfast in the restaurant is included in our room rate. It's a generous fare. I chose blueberry pancakes with sausage patties, OJ, coffee (all included).
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Florida couples first trip to Maine
- 2 Day trips from Boston
- 3 http://getbodybuildingbuilder.com/ethereal-skin-serum/
- 4 Increases Blood Flow To Penis!
- 5 http://maximizedmuscleideas.com/noxitril/
- 6 http://newhealthsupplement.com/thunder-rock-male-enhancement/
- 7 http://trypurejuvenate.com/premium-white-kidney-bean-extract/
- 8 http://www.supplementrocket.com/trinity-x3/
- 9 http://www.trypromusclefit.com/t-complex-and-x-ripped/
- 10 an mission additional most often than
- 11 Wedding gifts?
- 12 http://www.geniuxtrial.com/neuroelite-brain-booster/
- 13 http://nutrahealthtrimsite.com/t-complex-and-x-ripped/
- 14 Why to Choose Native Ads?
- 15 http://newhealthsupplement.com/thunder-rock-male-enhancement/
- 16 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 17 Southern history- walkable cities
- 18 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 19 RV'ing from Texas to Carolinas for the fall colors...
- 20 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 21 Scenic Drive - Rockland to Moosehead Lake?
- 22 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 23 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 24 1st time RV trip from Georgia to Oregon
- 25 Los Angeles/Santa Monica -- how many days and where else?
yk's 9-day family vacation on Mount Desert Island/Acadia NP, Sept 2011