DH & I are back from our short trip to St. Louis. We were there for a total of 54 hours and had a wonderful time. We experienced a little bit of art, architecture, culture, music, high society, nature, wildlife, and of course, free beer! The weather was sunny one moment, cloudy the next, followed by rain, thunderstorm, and even tornado warning! Fortunately, the tornados did not end up hitting St. Louis.
Before I start the trip report, I'll tell you a little about us. We're in our early 30s, and this was our 1st visit to St. Louis (unless you count my 15-minute visit to the Amtrak Station in St. Louis over a decade ago).
This is a belated birthday trip I planned for DH. We live in Dallas, and thanks to a fare war between AA and Southwest, I got our plane tickets for $100pp on AA.
For our hotel, we stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Clayton via a Priceline bid of $65/night. I chose Clayton because the St. Patrick's Day parade was held during our visit in St. Louis, and I didn't want to stay in downtown and be stuck in traffic/congestion.
Now on to the trip itself...
yk's 3-day St. Louis Trip Report
- 1 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 2 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 3 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 4 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 5 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 6 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 7 Biloxi questions again
- 8 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 9 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 10 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 11 Madison Square Garden
- 12 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 13 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 14 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 15 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 16 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 17 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 18 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 19 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 20 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 21 Warm and don't Drive
- 22 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 23 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 24 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 25 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans