DH & I are back from our short trip to St. Louis. We were there for a total of 54 hours and had a wonderful time. We experienced a little bit of art, architecture, culture, music, high society, nature, wildlife, and of course, free beer! The weather was sunny one moment, cloudy the next, followed by rain, thunderstorm, and even tornado warning! Fortunately, the tornados did not end up hitting St. Louis.
Before I start the trip report, I'll tell you a little about us. We're in our early 30s, and this was our 1st visit to St. Louis (unless you count my 15-minute visit to the Amtrak Station in St. Louis over a decade ago).
This is a belated birthday trip I planned for DH. We live in Dallas, and thanks to a fare war between AA and Southwest, I got our plane tickets for $100pp on AA.
For our hotel, we stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Clayton via a Priceline bid of $65/night. I chose Clayton because the St. Patrick's Day parade was held during our visit in St. Louis, and I didn't want to stay in downtown and be stuck in traffic/congestion.
Now on to the trip itself...
yk's 3-day St. Louis Trip Report
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 2 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 3 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 4 Locker at JFK
- 5 Question about Miami travel
- 6 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 7 Best places to move to Florida?
- 8 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 9 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 10 Key Largo, FL
- 11 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 12 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 13 San Antonio Airport Taxi to Majestic... and Food Suggestions??
- 14 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 15 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 16 West Coast Bound End of March
- 17 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 18 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 19 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 20 Socorro, NM to Yellowstone and back in 7-8 days
- 21 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 22 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 23 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 24 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 25 Ziplines, Zorb, Pancakes, and Parrots