DH & I are back from our short trip to St. Louis. We were there for a total of 54 hours and had a wonderful time. We experienced a little bit of art, architecture, culture, music, high society, nature, wildlife, and of course, free beer! The weather was sunny one moment, cloudy the next, followed by rain, thunderstorm, and even tornado warning! Fortunately, the tornados did not end up hitting St. Louis.
Before I start the trip report, I'll tell you a little about us. We're in our early 30s, and this was our 1st visit to St. Louis (unless you count my 15-minute visit to the Amtrak Station in St. Louis over a decade ago).
This is a belated birthday trip I planned for DH. We live in Dallas, and thanks to a fare war between AA and Southwest, I got our plane tickets for $100pp on AA.
For our hotel, we stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Clayton via a Priceline bid of $65/night. I chose Clayton because the St. Patrick's Day parade was held during our visit in St. Louis, and I didn't want to stay in downtown and be stuck in traffic/congestion.
Now on to the trip itself...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 https://platinumcleanserinfo.com/neuactive/
- 2 Secaucus as base for New York 3 days-advice
- 3 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 4 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- 5 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 6 arizona rte 66
- 7 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 8 Hawaii and...where?
- 9 Another Great DC Trip
- 10 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 11 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 12 Black History Museum
- 13 Wash DC VRBO recommendation
- 14 Chicago 2017
- 15 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 16 How much time in Badlands?
- 17 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 18 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 19 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 20 DC Restaurants
- 21 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 22 Short Oregon Trip
- 23 usa roadtrip
- 24 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 25 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings