DH & I are back from our short trip to St. Louis. We were there for a total of 54 hours and had a wonderful time. We experienced a little bit of art, architecture, culture, music, high society, nature, wildlife, and of course, free beer! The weather was sunny one moment, cloudy the next, followed by rain, thunderstorm, and even tornado warning! Fortunately, the tornados did not end up hitting St. Louis.
Before I start the trip report, I'll tell you a little about us. We're in our early 30s, and this was our 1st visit to St. Louis (unless you count my 15-minute visit to the Amtrak Station in St. Louis over a decade ago).
This is a belated birthday trip I planned for DH. We live in Dallas, and thanks to a fare war between AA and Southwest, I got our plane tickets for $100pp on AA.
For our hotel, we stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Clayton via a Priceline bid of $65/night. I chose Clayton because the St. Patrick's Day parade was held during our visit in St. Louis, and I didn't want to stay in downtown and be stuck in traffic/congestion.
Now on to the trip itself...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 AOL@Password Reset CONTACT ☎1 800:681:7208AOLTec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 3 road trip
- 4 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 5 In Reverse Gear in Chicago
- 6 Orlando area weather in June
- 7 Quaint towns in Sonoma County
- 8 Help with Denver - Moab - Denver Trip Itinerary Suggestions
- 9 New Itinerary
- 10 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 11 Camping in FL - Topsail Hill Preserve SP
- 12 Help with Northwest Trip
- 13 Help - Drive from Olympia, WA to SLC, UT
- 14 1st trip to Maine Need feedback and advice
- 15 Restaurant Recommendation Somehwere Between O'Hare and Berrien County, MI
- 16 Myrtle beach
- 17 Brief Savannah Trip--Brief Savannah Trip Report
- 18 HELP FOR ITINERARY
- 19 Miami or New Orleans for 3 days in mid December
- 20 Andaman and Nicobar Islands of South India
- 21 Transit Advisory - NY Penn Station - Amtrak track work Ju;y 10 thru
- 22 Boston Food Tour
- 23 Help plan my trip please
- 24 One day for Mt. Rainier
- 25 1st road trip Cincinnati to Beauford, SC