DH & I are back from our short trip to St. Louis. We were there for a total of 54 hours and had a wonderful time. We experienced a little bit of art, architecture, culture, music, high society, nature, wildlife, and of course, free beer! The weather was sunny one moment, cloudy the next, followed by rain, thunderstorm, and even tornado warning! Fortunately, the tornados did not end up hitting St. Louis.
Before I start the trip report, I'll tell you a little about us. We're in our early 30s, and this was our 1st visit to St. Louis (unless you count my 15-minute visit to the Amtrak Station in St. Louis over a decade ago).
This is a belated birthday trip I planned for DH. We live in Dallas, and thanks to a fare war between AA and Southwest, I got our plane tickets for $100pp on AA.
For our hotel, we stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Clayton via a Priceline bid of $65/night. I chose Clayton because the St. Patrick's Day parade was held during our visit in St. Louis, and I didn't want to stay in downtown and be stuck in traffic/congestion.
Now on to the trip itself...
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itin Help: S St Seaport, Battery Park, B'wahy
- 2 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 3 The Southern Coast of Maine 3 nights
- 4 Good VRBO Neighborhoods in New Orleans?
- 5 Parking fine
- 6 10 days in Arizona
- 7 Late Aug/early Sept with 15 month old - where to?
- 8 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 9 Hotel reservations in/near Denali NP
- 10 Who is advocacy advertising
- 11 CA AZ UT NV Road Trip
- 12 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 13 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 14 Boston travel to North Carolina
- 15 Berkshires with a toddler
- 16 Vegas/California May 2016
- 17 Traveling to NYC - staying over Thanksgiving
- 18 flumin the ditch
- 19 Solo in Hawaii
- 20 hilicopter tour oahu
- 21 8 hour layover at DFW
- 22 Staying at Belvedere in Sept--how early to make reservations?
- 23 4 days in San Diego in october
- 24 Martha's Vineyard_Day Trip
- 25 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?