DH & I - in our mid/late 30s
Last weekend in June 2010
Instead of sitting home every weekend wondering what we *should* do, I've decided that we will explore a new part of New England, or a new section of Boston (where we live) every weekend. Portland seems a good overnight destination from Boston (~ 2 hrs' drive).
Research & Planning
There are very few trip reports here on Portland, Maine. Thankfully, dfrostnh recently was there and posted a most helpful TR (http://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/lazy-weekend-portlandogunquit-me.cfm ).
Other resources included a Fodors guidebook (Maine, Vermont & NH), Visit Portland website (http://www.visitportland.com/ ), Chowhound for restaurant ideas, and several magazine articles (which mostly focus on the food scene in Portland).
We ate A LOT on this trip (mostly excellent), but we also did quite a lot of sightseeing. Portland, while a city, is very compact. All tourist sights can be covered on foot. People are friendly and easy-going.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 https://klereumcol.com/follicle-rx/
- 2 ((18552054069))Delta Airlines ticket Upgrade
- 3 ((18552054069))Hawaiian Airlines Business Class Upgrade
- 4 Verutum RX Male Enhancement Trial - Bigger, Harder & Longer Erections!
- 5 Economical Restaurants in Oahu; Especially Waikiki
- 6 18552054069 American Airlines Upgrade To Economy
- 7 Dory fishing boats on Oregon coast
- 8 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 9 Day Trip from Monroe, Ct to Berkshires
- 10 Nashville or Nashville and New Orleans
- 11 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 12 Disneyland, Yosemite and San Fransisco
- 13 Airbnb seattle
- 14 Photos of otters and other wildlife at Moss Landing
- 15 Carmel to Big Sur Station and back report with photos 6/10/2017
- 16 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 17 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana and South Dakota Trip Report
- 18 Dollar to Euro Exchange
- 19 Self parking hotel in Philly
- 20 Texas info
- 21 Zion, Bryce, South/North Rim, Page
- 22 Leisurely Car Trip from Atlanta to Sacramento?
- 23 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 24 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 25 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
yk ate her way through Portland, Maine in one weekend! June 2010