DH & I - in our mid/late 30s
Last weekend in June 2010
Instead of sitting home every weekend wondering what we *should* do, I've decided that we will explore a new part of New England, or a new section of Boston (where we live) every weekend. Portland seems a good overnight destination from Boston (~ 2 hrs' drive).
Research & Planning
There are very few trip reports here on Portland, Maine. Thankfully, dfrostnh recently was there and posted a most helpful TR (http://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/lazy-weekend-portlandogunquit-me.cfm ).
Other resources included a Fodors guidebook (Maine, Vermont & NH), Visit Portland website (http://www.visitportland.com/ ), Chowhound for restaurant ideas, and several magazine articles (which mostly focus on the food scene in Portland).
We ate A LOT on this trip (mostly excellent), but we also did quite a lot of sightseeing. Portland, while a city, is very compact. All tourist sights can be covered on foot. People are friendly and easy-going.
yk ate her way through Portland, Maine in one weekend! June 2010
- 1 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 2 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 3 San Antonio
- 4 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 5 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 6 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 7 Hotel near Public Theater
- 8 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 9 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 10 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 11 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 12 Oahu Information
- 13 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 14 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 15 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 16 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 17 Savanah Sojourn
- 18 One day in Washington DC
- 19 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 20 Special Chrstmas Tree
- 21 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 22 South Florida luxury hotels with a 5 year old
- 23 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 24 RIP Judy Rogers
- 25 Fun restaurants in New Orleans