DH & I - in our mid/late 30s
Last weekend in June 2010
Instead of sitting home every weekend wondering what we *should* do, I've decided that we will explore a new part of New England, or a new section of Boston (where we live) every weekend. Portland seems a good overnight destination from Boston (~ 2 hrs' drive).
Research & Planning
There are very few trip reports here on Portland, Maine. Thankfully, dfrostnh recently was there and posted a most helpful TR (http://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/lazy-weekend-portlandogunquit-me.cfm ).
Other resources included a Fodors guidebook (Maine, Vermont & NH), Visit Portland website (http://www.visitportland.com/ ), Chowhound for restaurant ideas, and several magazine articles (which mostly focus on the food scene in Portland).
We ate A LOT on this trip (mostly excellent), but we also did quite a lot of sightseeing. Portland, while a city, is very compact. All tourist sights can be covered on foot. People are friendly and easy-going.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kech YAHOO@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 TECH SUPP0RT CARE
- 2 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 3 Washington - what should we see between Seattle and Cashmere?
- 4 Weekend at the Straits of Mackinac
- 5 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 6 Trip report--Los Angeles food experiences
- 7 Help with Northwest Trip
- 8 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 9 Trip report--San Diego food experiences
- 10 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 11 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 12 Help with Denver - Moab - Denver Trip Itinerary Suggestions
- 13 road trip
- 14 3 month cheap rent in New York City
- 15 Great Steel Building
- 16 Gmail phishing attack is Become tricky
- 17 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 18 In Reverse Gear in Chicago
- 19 Orlando area weather in June
- 20 Quaint towns in Sonoma County
- 21 New Itinerary
- 22 Camping in FL - Topsail Hill Preserve SP
- 23 Help - Drive from Olympia, WA to SLC, UT
- 24 1st trip to Maine Need feedback and advice
- 25 Restaurant Recommendation Somehwere Between O'Hare and Berrien County, MI
yk ate her way through Portland, Maine in one weekend! June 2010