Okay, I gripe about the people requesting information at the last minute, and now I am one! Too much to do in too little time, got the teenage son off to boyscout camp today, and now can focus. Leaving tomorrow to see Dad outside of Chicago, then into the city for girl time with my DD and sister. My DD's bday is at the end of the week so we decided to celebrate in Chicago. We frequent the city a lot due to visiting family, and I used to live in Chicago. The focus for this trip is shopping....but, for a teenager. We live in the land of Mall of America, and we do not have any taxes on clothing so we are looking for reasonably priced clothing, but at boutique stores. Which neighborhoods? Would love to go for a pampering pedicure, but at the last minute and where? Maybe not. My daughter (and I) loves art, and I am sure we will get to the Art Institute since we never miss going there, but is there anything special going on, or anything we have to see. She is thinking about going into fashion design/merchandising or mass communications (to work with some sort of design publication). My sister hasn't been in the city for years, and my daughter and I are considering taking her on the architecture tour that we have taken years ago. We would be game for a personal tour of a neighborhood, but I just don't know which would make since. We love the theatre, but I do want to keep costs down so unless it's incredible, I would prefer to spend our money otherwise for this trip. Anyway, leaving tomorrow afternoon so....sorry, but I sure would appreciate any ideas. Any suggestions of restaurants, too. I know the area is pretty commericial and touristy for restaurants. We love all kinds of food! Thanks! Oh, this is a quick trip, three nights, two days.
Yikes, I know this is last minute - shopping, eating, pampering in Chicago
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 2 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 3 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 4 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 5 Where to from Tampa?
- 6 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 7 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 8 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 9 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 10 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 11 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 12 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 13 Skiing New Mexico
- 14 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 15 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 16 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 17 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 18 Thinking about moving from PA to Florida (Dr. Phillips area of Orlando)
- 19 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 20 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 21 Drive from Grand Canyon to Prescott next week
- 22 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 23 Special Occasion/Fancy Dress shops in South Florida
- 24 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)
- 25 Is the New York subway safe?