Okay, I gripe about the people requesting information at the last minute, and now I am one! Too much to do in too little time, got the teenage son off to boyscout camp today, and now can focus. Leaving tomorrow to see Dad outside of Chicago, then into the city for girl time with my DD and sister. My DD's bday is at the end of the week so we decided to celebrate in Chicago. We frequent the city a lot due to visiting family, and I used to live in Chicago. The focus for this trip is shopping....but, for a teenager. We live in the land of Mall of America, and we do not have any taxes on clothing so we are looking for reasonably priced clothing, but at boutique stores. Which neighborhoods? Would love to go for a pampering pedicure, but at the last minute and where? Maybe not. My daughter (and I) loves art, and I am sure we will get to the Art Institute since we never miss going there, but is there anything special going on, or anything we have to see. She is thinking about going into fashion design/merchandising or mass communications (to work with some sort of design publication). My sister hasn't been in the city for years, and my daughter and I are considering taking her on the architecture tour that we have taken years ago. We would be game for a personal tour of a neighborhood, but I just don't know which would make since. We love the theatre, but I do want to keep costs down so unless it's incredible, I would prefer to spend our money otherwise for this trip. Anyway, leaving tomorrow afternoon so....sorry, but I sure would appreciate any ideas. Any suggestions of restaurants, too. I know the area is pretty commericial and touristy for restaurants. We love all kinds of food! Thanks! Oh, this is a quick trip, three nights, two days.
Yikes, I know this is last minute - shopping, eating, pampering in Chicago
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Poss. Itinerary for Aug. Portland to San Fran family vacay - TIPS PLEASE
- 2 Great Driving Trip to Alaska, June/July 2014
- 3 Kauai car rental puzzle
- 4 Tours of Hasidic Williamsburg
- 5 Upstate New York with an 11yr old
- 6 Exploring Some of Oregon and Washington
- 7 Portland and the Coast - a Couple of Questions
- 8 Big Sur Camping - which campground for first-timers?
- 9 Road Trip 2015 south west US
- 10 Chicago... How many days?
- 11 Boston on Business, what to expect?
- 12 Boston North End Restaurants-anniversary dinner
- 13 Vancouver to Langley, Washington
- 14 Where to eat in Santa Monica, Beverly Hills and West Hollywood?
- 15 Metro pass
- 16 Christmas Week
- 17 PLACES TO STAY NEAR BRYCE CANYON AND CEDAR CITY UTAH
- 18 Driving from NJ to VA with 3 kids
- 19 Universal Studios, Orlando - Harry Potter!
- 20 Trip to Glacier & Waterton, starting in Spokane
- 21 Jensen Beach - Vistana Beach Club
- 22 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 23 Review of VRBO # 397913 Monterey, CA
- 24 Brief tour of Charleston, SC
- 25 Theater recco July - Aug: @ Steppenwolf's "The Qualms"