Okay, I gripe about the people requesting information at the last minute, and now I am one! Too much to do in too little time, got the teenage son off to boyscout camp today, and now can focus. Leaving tomorrow to see Dad outside of Chicago, then into the city for girl time with my DD and sister. My DD's bday is at the end of the week so we decided to celebrate in Chicago. We frequent the city a lot due to visiting family, and I used to live in Chicago. The focus for this trip is shopping....but, for a teenager. We live in the land of Mall of America, and we do not have any taxes on clothing so we are looking for reasonably priced clothing, but at boutique stores. Which neighborhoods? Would love to go for a pampering pedicure, but at the last minute and where? Maybe not. My daughter (and I) loves art, and I am sure we will get to the Art Institute since we never miss going there, but is there anything special going on, or anything we have to see. She is thinking about going into fashion design/merchandising or mass communications (to work with some sort of design publication). My sister hasn't been in the city for years, and my daughter and I are considering taking her on the architecture tour that we have taken years ago. We would be game for a personal tour of a neighborhood, but I just don't know which would make since. We love the theatre, but I do want to keep costs down so unless it's incredible, I would prefer to spend our money otherwise for this trip. Anyway, leaving tomorrow afternoon so....sorry, but I sure would appreciate any ideas. Any suggestions of restaurants, too. I know the area is pretty commericial and touristy for restaurants. We love all kinds of food! Thanks! Oh, this is a quick trip, three nights, two days.
Yikes, I know this is last minute - shopping, eating, pampering in Chicago
- 1 Savannah restaurants
- 2 Northern Idaho - Western Montana Drive
- 3 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 4 Newport, RI Questions
- 5 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 6 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 7 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 8 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 9 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 10 Denver 1 day in denver
- 11 Boston and surrounding area
- 12 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 13 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 14 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 15 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 16 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 17 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 18 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 19 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 20 Middlebury vt quickie
- 21 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 22 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 23 Crater Lake-North entrance open
- 24 New Orleans - Alligator Cheesecake???
- 25 1st time in Boston --need advice