Okay, I gripe about the people requesting information at the last minute, and now I am one! Too much to do in too little time, got the teenage son off to boyscout camp today, and now can focus. Leaving tomorrow to see Dad outside of Chicago, then into the city for girl time with my DD and sister. My DD's bday is at the end of the week so we decided to celebrate in Chicago. We frequent the city a lot due to visiting family, and I used to live in Chicago. The focus for this trip is shopping....but, for a teenager. We live in the land of Mall of America, and we do not have any taxes on clothing so we are looking for reasonably priced clothing, but at boutique stores. Which neighborhoods? Would love to go for a pampering pedicure, but at the last minute and where? Maybe not. My daughter (and I) loves art, and I am sure we will get to the Art Institute since we never miss going there, but is there anything special going on, or anything we have to see. She is thinking about going into fashion design/merchandising or mass communications (to work with some sort of design publication). My sister hasn't been in the city for years, and my daughter and I are considering taking her on the architecture tour that we have taken years ago. We would be game for a personal tour of a neighborhood, but I just don't know which would make since. We love the theatre, but I do want to keep costs down so unless it's incredible, I would prefer to spend our money otherwise for this trip. Anyway, leaving tomorrow afternoon so....sorry, but I sure would appreciate any ideas. Any suggestions of restaurants, too. I know the area is pretty commericial and touristy for restaurants. We love all kinds of food! Thanks! Oh, this is a quick trip, three nights, two days.
Yikes, I know this is last minute - shopping, eating, pampering in Chicago
View all United States activity »
- 1 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 2 San Antonio
- 3 Zion or Death Valley for 2 days in December?
- 4 Vero Beach FL
- 5 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 6 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 7 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 8 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 9 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 10 Question about Boulder area
- 11 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 12 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 13 Christmas Holidays in Arizona
- 14 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 15 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 16 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 17 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 18 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 19 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 20 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 21 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 22 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 23 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 24 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 25 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014