We are leaving for Anchorage on June 24th for a 12 day Princess land/cruise...Denali, McKinley, Whittier to Vancouver. I've been to Alaska before but my partner has not nor has he cruised before. We were looking at excursions sponsored by Princess and had a couple of questions I would rather ask you folks or Cruise Critics.
When staying at the Princess owned lodges, are there other opportunities for excursions not sponsored by Princess? Are the lodges located in or near small towns? I really, really want to fly to the Arctic Circle and perhaps see some of the Dalton Highway...a day trip. Just wondering if something like this might be available by a tour group near these lodges.
Thanks for any help or suggestions you folks might have.
Yet another Alaska in June question!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 2 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 3 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 4 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 5 New York City Restaurants
- 6 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 7 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 8 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 9 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 10 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 11 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 12 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 13 Family Camp in Maine
- 14 Phoenix restaurants
- 15 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 16 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 17 Travel West Coast
- 18 Timeshare Nightmares
- 19 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 20 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 21 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 22 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 23 Brooklyn why?
- 24 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 25 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?