We are leaving for Anchorage on June 24th for a 12 day Princess land/cruise...Denali, McKinley, Whittier to Vancouver. I've been to Alaska before but my partner has not nor has he cruised before. We were looking at excursions sponsored by Princess and had a couple of questions I would rather ask you folks or Cruise Critics.
When staying at the Princess owned lodges, are there other opportunities for excursions not sponsored by Princess? Are the lodges located in or near small towns? I really, really want to fly to the Arctic Circle and perhaps see some of the Dalton Highway...a day trip. Just wondering if something like this might be available by a tour group near these lodges.
Thanks for any help or suggestions you folks might have.
Yet another Alaska in June question!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Between Clearwater and Anna Maria island
- 2 Help w Utah National Parks Visit-Itinerary check
- 3 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 4 Napa/Sonoma - Has anyone stayed at this House Rental in Glen Ellen?
- 5 3 nights in Nashville
- 6 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 7 NYC theatre broadway
- 8 Cape Cod in early April
- 9 Driving from NYC to South Florida
- 10 Four days in DC
- 11 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 12 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 13 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 14 One Night at Logan Airport
- 15 Circle Oahu / luau
- 16 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 17 Backpacking in April
- 18 Nice town to sleep/dine in near I-95 between Baltimore and DC
- 19 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 20 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 21 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 22 Just to clarify, Lodging in Yellowstone
- 23 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 24 Please help with itinerary
- 25 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde