We are leaving for Anchorage on June 24th for a 12 day Princess land/cruise...Denali, McKinley, Whittier to Vancouver. I've been to Alaska before but my partner has not nor has he cruised before. We were looking at excursions sponsored by Princess and had a couple of questions I would rather ask you folks or Cruise Critics.
When staying at the Princess owned lodges, are there other opportunities for excursions not sponsored by Princess? Are the lodges located in or near small towns? I really, really want to fly to the Arctic Circle and perhaps see some of the Dalton Highway...a day trip. Just wondering if something like this might be available by a tour group near these lodges.
Thanks for any help or suggestions you folks might have.
Yet another Alaska in June question!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 2 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 3 san diego or nearby area
- 4 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 5 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 6 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 7 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 8 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 9 Moving to CT
- 10 LA for a day and a half
- 11 Hotels Philly
- 12 Northwest USA
- 13 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 14 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 15 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 16 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 17 Texas
- 18 Ackislander
- 19 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 20 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 21 Thanksgiving in Lake Placid / Adirondacks
- 22 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 23 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 24 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 25 First Trip to California with Family of 6