We are leaving for Anchorage on June 24th for a 12 day Princess land/cruise...Denali, McKinley, Whittier to Vancouver. I've been to Alaska before but my partner has not nor has he cruised before. We were looking at excursions sponsored by Princess and had a couple of questions I would rather ask you folks or Cruise Critics.
When staying at the Princess owned lodges, are there other opportunities for excursions not sponsored by Princess? Are the lodges located in or near small towns? I really, really want to fly to the Arctic Circle and perhaps see some of the Dalton Highway...a day trip. Just wondering if something like this might be available by a tour group near these lodges.
Thanks for any help or suggestions you folks might have.
Yet another Alaska in June question!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 moving to florida
- 2 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 3 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 4 Hotel near Miami airport
- 5 Maui - Kaanapali shuttle/trolley
- 6 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 7 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 8 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 9 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 10 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 11 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 12 Road Trip SW
- 13 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 14 Philly
- 15 Fancy car rental - LA to Vegas!
- 16 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 17 Nice Houston area spa for mother-daughter
- 18 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 19 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 20 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 21 Pub with food in Seattle
- 22 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 23 Best Seattle Casual and Fun Eateries...
- 24 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?
- 25 Boston to Chicago drive (things to do)