We are planning a couple of days in NYC in early September. We are going the 9th through the 11th. We thought that with schools starting at that time that we could find some hotel deals, thinking folks would be staying home instead of hitting The Big Apple for vacay. Was I ever wrong! Wow, are they expensive at that time. I was lucky to book the Pod 39 for $255 per night for one of their teensy rooms. I looked at EVERYTHING and that is the best I can do. ( Post 9/11 while our daughter was at NYU we could get rooms on Priceline at the Stanhope and Waldorf for under $100 per night. ) Yikes.
WOW! New York City hotels
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip SW
- 2 3 weeks covering SF, Monterey, Lake Isabella, Las Vegas and LA (Disney)
- 3 Seattle-Tacoma Airport to downtown Seattle
- 4 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 5 culpepper
- 6 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 7 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 8 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 9 Charlotte restaurant help
- 10 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 11 Upscale Mexican restaurant in downtown Denver
- 12 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 13 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 14 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 15 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 16 2 weeks in Alaska
- 17 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 18 Week in Colorado Springs with 9 & 7 year old. Advice
- 19 Need help with 2 days in Yellowstone with West Yellowstone Lodging
- 20 Yosemite Fire
- 21 Place to Grab a Bite to Eat near Wilmington train station?
- 22 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 23 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 24 Fancy dining
- 25 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around