My boyfriend is a Native American history buff and we're planning to road trip to Wounded Knee/Mount Rushmore/Badlands as soon as the snow lets up. A few questions: any idea when the snow lets up? And I haven't been reading great things about Wounded Knee the memorial. I'd hate to travel all the way only to be disappointed. Does anyone have any current insight? I'll also gladly take any suggestions on must-sees/must-dos on this roadtrip.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 2 trip through Morocco- sahara desert trip
- 3 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 4 Train from east cost to west coast
- 5 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 6 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 7 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 8 Arches or Zion?
- 9 Route 66
- 10 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 11 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 12 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 13 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 14 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 15 Hiking from Aspen to Crested Butte
- 16 Any nice condo's to stay in Seaside, Florida?
- 17 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 18 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 19 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 20 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 21 Travel Friday Harbor to Olympic Peninsula?
- 22 Trip Report Part 2 (w/teens) - Zion, Bryce and Park City
- 23 Northern California Gardens.
- 24 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 25 Adventure Travel in Kenai Peninsula