My boyfriend is a Native American history buff and we're planning to road trip to Wounded Knee/Mount Rushmore/Badlands as soon as the snow lets up. A few questions: any idea when the snow lets up? And I haven't been reading great things about Wounded Knee the memorial. I'd hate to travel all the way only to be disappointed. Does anyone have any current insight? I'll also gladly take any suggestions on must-sees/must-dos on this roadtrip.
Thanks so much!
Wounded Knee trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 2 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 3 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 4 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 5 Is the New York subway safe?
- 6 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 7 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 8 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 9 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 10 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 11 Where to from Tampa?
- 12 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 13 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 14 Skiing New Mexico
- 15 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 16 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 17 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 18 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 19 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 20 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 21 Thinking about moving from PA to Florida (Dr. Phillips area of Orlando)
- 22 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 23 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 24 Drive from Grand Canyon to Prescott next week
- 25 Special Occasion/Fancy Dress shops in South Florida