My DH has a business trip to Austin that surrounds 4th of July weekend, so I am looking for some good daytrips. We have three children (ages 5 yrs, 3 yrs, 1 yr); our family is good in the car as long as we have some great stuff to see and eat as we travel/as a destination. We're all for hiking, eating ice cream (thinking Brenham is on the list) and BBQ (Lockhart?), swimming....we're a pretty adventurous crew.
I'm up for any and all suggestions. If anything isn't going to work for us now, certainly, I'll tuck them away for future reference as my kiddos grow up.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 arizona rte 66
- 2 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 3 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 4 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 5 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- 6 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 7 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 8 usa roadtrip
- 9 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 10 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 11 Where to live in the North East
- 12 Hawaii and...where?
- 13 Short Oregon Trip
- 14 Secaucus as base for New York 3 days-advice
- 15 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 16 Another Great DC Trip
- 17 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 18 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 19 Black History Museum
- 20 Wash DC VRBO recommendation
- 21 Chicago 2017
- 22 How much time in Badlands?
- 23 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 24 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 25 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill