My DH has a business trip to Austin that surrounds 4th of July weekend, so I am looking for some good daytrips. We have three children (ages 5 yrs, 3 yrs, 1 yr); our family is good in the car as long as we have some great stuff to see and eat as we travel/as a destination. We're all for hiking, eating ice cream (thinking Brenham is on the list) and BBQ (Lockhart?), swimming....we're a pretty adventurous crew.
I'm up for any and all suggestions. If anything isn't going to work for us now, certainly, I'll tuck them away for future reference as my kiddos grow up.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Florida with a 2 year old
- 2 Northern California Gardens.
- 3 Train from east cost to west coast
- 4 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 5 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 6 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 7 Route 66
- 8 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 9 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 10 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 11 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 12 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 13 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 14 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 15 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 16 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 17 Arches or Zion?
- 18 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 19 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 20 Hiking from Aspen to Crested Butte
- 21 Any nice condo's to stay in Seaside, Florida?
- 22 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 23 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 24 Travel Friday Harbor to Olympic Peninsula?
- 25 Trip Report Part 2 (w/teens) - Zion, Bryce and Park City