My DH has a business trip to Austin that surrounds 4th of July weekend, so I am looking for some good daytrips. We have three children (ages 5 yrs, 3 yrs, 1 yr); our family is good in the car as long as we have some great stuff to see and eat as we travel/as a destination. We're all for hiking, eating ice cream (thinking Brenham is on the list) and BBQ (Lockhart?), swimming....we're a pretty adventurous crew.
I'm up for any and all suggestions. If anything isn't going to work for us now, certainly, I'll tuck them away for future reference as my kiddos grow up.
Wk in Austin--pls advise for good daytrips
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Would a Annual Park pass be worth it?
- 2 Pizza Paradise In Pasadena
- 3 12-hour layover in Honolulu: What to do?
- 4 Dinsey Wolrd - another "what resort" question
- 5 Tudor city -special help/info
- 6 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 7 Coffee shop or dinner recommendations for Fullerton/Anaheim area?
- 8 Utah 2
- 9 Xmas in Key West: Come on Vacation, Leave on Probation
- 10 Short New York City Weekend Trip report March 2015
- 11 Good restaurants near Griffith Observatory?
- 12 Planning to see chicago with a big family
- 13 Notom-Burr or Rt 12 from Capitol Reef to Bryce
- 14 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 15 must see and do's in Maui?
- 16 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 17 Canyon Rides horseback tour of Bryce Canyon
- 18 New York City - apartment locations
- 19 Boston to see Sargent works
- 20 Best ( not cheapest) way from EWR to Upper West Side
- 21 Moving from Salt Lake City UT to Dallas TX
- 22 Murray Hill NYC restaurants
- 23 San Jose Airport to Paso Robles
- 24 Girls' Getaway
- 25 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days