My DH has a business trip to Austin that surrounds 4th of July weekend, so I am looking for some good daytrips. We have three children (ages 5 yrs, 3 yrs, 1 yr); our family is good in the car as long as we have some great stuff to see and eat as we travel/as a destination. We're all for hiking, eating ice cream (thinking Brenham is on the list) and BBQ (Lockhart?), swimming....we're a pretty adventurous crew.
I'm up for any and all suggestions. If anything isn't going to work for us now, certainly, I'll tuck them away for future reference as my kiddos grow up.
Wk in Austin--pls advise for good daytrips
- 1 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 2 D.C. in a day
- 3 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 4 Door County
- 5 10 Days in Maine
- 6 Memorial day weekend drivable getaway from Jersey City, NJ
- 7 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 8 Albuquerque to Denver
- 9 Using public transit in San Diego
- 10 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 11 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 12 Boston Area College Tour
- 13 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 14 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 15 Hiking/Camping Suggestions for VT, NH, & ME in August?
- 16 A Visit to Charleston
- 17 Hotel Suite Brands with Multiple Bedrooms?
- 18 Boston three day trip report, with photos
- 19 Amtrak to DC, then sightseeing
- 20 Help with NYC transit
- 21 Just saw the Book of Mormon in Chicago ! Can we talk about it
- 22 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)
- 23 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 24 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 25 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California