Some close friends have rented a cabin on Plum Lake for next summer (2010). We want to get one nearby. I am totally unfamiliar with this area, and looking at the Internet, there seem to be just dozens of small, family-owned or family-run cabins and cottages, rather than any major resorts. Many of the facilities look pretty old and worn. Here's what we are looking for, if anyone can help: New or remodeled 3BR or 4 BR cabin/cottage/lodging with good lake view, beach, kayak/canoe/paddleboat, preferably access also to a pool and assorted activities such as sand volleyball, shuffleboard, pingpong, pool table, etc. We do not fish or enjoy motorboats (only the you-paddle kind!). We like to swim, bike and hike. Total number of travelers unknown at this time but could include all 4 children (ages 12 to 21) plus 2 adults. A two-level house would be ideal so adults could be on one level and kids on another. We are all allergic to molds/mildew, so I am hesitant to get an older place that may have problems with carpet, walls, etc. Thanks so much for any advice!
Wisconsin-Star Lake/Plum Lake advice
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Brooklyn why?
- 2 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 3 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 4 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 5 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 6 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 7 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 8 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 9 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 10 WISCONSIN
- 11 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 12 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 13 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 14 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 15 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 16 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 17 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 18 New York City Restaurants
- 19 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 20 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 21 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 22 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 23 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 24 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 25 Dining in D.C.