Some close friends have rented a cabin on Plum Lake for next summer (2010). We want to get one nearby. I am totally unfamiliar with this area, and looking at the Internet, there seem to be just dozens of small, family-owned or family-run cabins and cottages, rather than any major resorts. Many of the facilities look pretty old and worn. Here's what we are looking for, if anyone can help: New or remodeled 3BR or 4 BR cabin/cottage/lodging with good lake view, beach, kayak/canoe/paddleboat, preferably access also to a pool and assorted activities such as sand volleyball, shuffleboard, pingpong, pool table, etc. We do not fish or enjoy motorboats (only the you-paddle kind!). We like to swim, bike and hike. Total number of travelers unknown at this time but could include all 4 children (ages 12 to 21) plus 2 adults. A two-level house would be ideal so adults could be on one level and kids on another. We are all allergic to molds/mildew, so I am hesitant to get an older place that may have problems with carpet, walls, etc. Thanks so much for any advice!
Wisconsin-Star Lake/Plum Lake advice
- 1 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 2 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 3 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 4 Kauai golf
- 5 Cape Ann area
- 6 stay near newark or nyc
- 7 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 8 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 9 Need inexpensive trip: Northeastern Arkansas or Amarillo/Palo Duro Canyon?
- 10 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 11 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 12 Looking for "cheap and cheerful" hotel in Miami!
- 13 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 14 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 15 Sonoma CA Accommodations
- 16 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 17 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 18 Minneapolis Hotel
- 19 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 20 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 21 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 22 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 23 Washington Wineries
- 24 MERIDIAN HILL PARK DRUM CIRCLE
- 25 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please