Some close friends have rented a cabin on Plum Lake for next summer (2010). We want to get one nearby. I am totally unfamiliar with this area, and looking at the Internet, there seem to be just dozens of small, family-owned or family-run cabins and cottages, rather than any major resorts. Many of the facilities look pretty old and worn. Here's what we are looking for, if anyone can help: New or remodeled 3BR or 4 BR cabin/cottage/lodging with good lake view, beach, kayak/canoe/paddleboat, preferably access also to a pool and assorted activities such as sand volleyball, shuffleboard, pingpong, pool table, etc. We do not fish or enjoy motorboats (only the you-paddle kind!). We like to swim, bike and hike. Total number of travelers unknown at this time but could include all 4 children (ages 12 to 21) plus 2 adults. A two-level house would be ideal so adults could be on one level and kids on another. We are all allergic to molds/mildew, so I am hesitant to get an older place that may have problems with carpet, walls, etc. Thanks so much for any advice!
Wisconsin-Star Lake/Plum Lake advice
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 2 Where to from Tampa?
- 3 Hotels in Washington, DC; Alexandria or Arlington with direct metro access?
- 4 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 5 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 6 December trip from San Francisco to LA
- 7 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 8 Scenic drive from Charleston SC to Charlotte NC
- 9 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 10 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 11 NYC restaurant for Thanksgiving
- 12 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 13 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 14 Is the New York subway safe?
- 15 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 16 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 17 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 18 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 19 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 20 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 21 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 22 Skiing New Mexico
- 23 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 24 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 25 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014