Some close friends have rented a cabin on Plum Lake for next summer (2010). We want to get one nearby. I am totally unfamiliar with this area, and looking at the Internet, there seem to be just dozens of small, family-owned or family-run cabins and cottages, rather than any major resorts. Many of the facilities look pretty old and worn. Here's what we are looking for, if anyone can help: New or remodeled 3BR or 4 BR cabin/cottage/lodging with good lake view, beach, kayak/canoe/paddleboat, preferably access also to a pool and assorted activities such as sand volleyball, shuffleboard, pingpong, pool table, etc. We do not fish or enjoy motorboats (only the you-paddle kind!). We like to swim, bike and hike. Total number of travelers unknown at this time but could include all 4 children (ages 12 to 21) plus 2 adults. A two-level house would be ideal so adults could be on one level and kids on another. We are all allergic to molds/mildew, so I am hesitant to get an older place that may have problems with carpet, walls, etc. Thanks so much for any advice!
Wisconsin-Star Lake/Plum Lake advice
View all United States activity »
- 1 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 2 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 3 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 4 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 5 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 6 Vero Beach FL
- 7 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 8 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 9 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 10 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 11 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 12 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 13 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 14 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 15 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 16 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 17 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 18 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 19 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 20 Question about Boulder area
- 21 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 22 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 23 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 24 Grand Canyon in March?
- 25 a very short trip report of our 10 days on the Big Island