My husband, 89 year old mother & I are planning a trip to visit Wisconsin the latter part of July & first half of August. We'll be in an RV but towing a car. Mom wants to see the shoreline from above Chicago going North & drive along side the Mississippi River going South. For the most part, she prefers to just "ride" and enjoy the scenery but we'd prefer to find several spots along the way that we can stay for a couple a days and see the sights in each area. Our RV is fairly large and I'll have do some research into RV Campgrounds. I've heard Door County was a must see. We love small quaint towns, scenic drives, flea markets, good craft shows, covered bridges, lighthouses and staying off the beaten path. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Specific highway numbers, town names and as much detail as possible would be terrific. Thanks in advance for you help
Wisconsin & Miss. River drive in RV, needing "must see" suggestions
View all United States activity »
- 1 Mini-Trip to Ashland VA ("Center of the Universe”!)
- 2 Transport between SW National Parks ~ 3 weeks trip
- 3 just me in nyc- dine alone spots near hotel
- 4 San Diego or Hawaii
- 5 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 6 Kona/Lyman's Bay rental property?
- 7 NYE in San Antonio
- 8 4 weeks in Florida with 4 moth baby
- 9 SF Activities
- 10 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 11 NYC theater prefix dinner restaurant recommendations?
- 12 Broadway Banter: The Fall, 2013 edition
- 13 Advice on where to stay in Boston
- 14 Ocean Front Hotel in San Diego
- 15 7 days Road Trip Help. Really need advice
- 16 West Coast Road Trip
- 17 los angeles sunday brunch
- 18 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 19 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 20 Long Beach to Lake Elsinore Halfway Point
- 21 SmarterVegas Question
- 22 Best City in FL for truck driving jobs
- 23 Charleston SC 3 day visit
- 24 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 25 Have you used Online Vacation Travel?