My husband, 89 year old mother & I are planning a trip to visit Wisconsin the latter part of July & first half of August. We'll be in an RV but towing a car. Mom wants to see the shoreline from above Chicago going North & drive along side the Mississippi River going South. For the most part, she prefers to just "ride" and enjoy the scenery but we'd prefer to find several spots along the way that we can stay for a couple a days and see the sights in each area. Our RV is fairly large and I'll have do some research into RV Campgrounds. I've heard Door County was a must see. We love small quaint towns, scenic drives, flea markets, good craft shows, covered bridges, lighthouses and staying off the beaten path. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Specific highway numbers, town names and as much detail as possible would be terrific. Thanks in advance for you help
Wisconsin & Miss. River drive in RV, needing "must see" suggestions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 2 Universal studios/Orlando
- 3 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 4 San Diego parks and attractions
- 5 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 6 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 7 AUSTIN HOTEL
- 8 First family ski trip
- 9 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 10 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 11 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 12 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 13 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 14 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 15 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 16 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 17 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 18 Alaska
- 19 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 20 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 21 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 22 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 23 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 24 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 25 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings