My hubby and I are thinking of taking 3 of our grandchildren to the Dells for about 3-4 days this summer. They are 8, 6, 5 and we are young, too! We vacationed there many times w/our own kidlets years ago and have passed through on occasion in recent years so we do know all about the touristy aspect, etc. What we're wondering about is: does anyone know anything about the older, smaller hotels located right by Noah's Ark? I'm wondering about Flamingo, Mayflower, Four Seasons, others? I remember that we liked them (way back when) because they are w/in walking distance to Noah's. Does anyone have any recent experience w/these or any others? (clean? friendly?)I know it can be a pain to pack everyone up, drive, park, and still hike a distance to the parks. Plus...the group is forced to stay the day and Nana (or Papa) cannot take 1 sleepy child back to the room without taking the car. Is it necessary in July to stay @ a big resort w/all the indoor amenities? Are there any shuttle services? Any opinions or insight is appreciated. I also welcome any other suggestions on things to do, where to eat, etc.
Wisconsin Dells hotels any recent visitors?
View all United States activity »
- 1 Question about Boulder area
- 2 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 3 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 4 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 5 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 6 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 7 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 8 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 9 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 10 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 11 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 12 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 13 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 14 Biloxi questions again
- 15 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 16 Madison Square Garden
- 17 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 18 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 19 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 20 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 21 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 22 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 23 Warm and don't Drive
- 24 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 25 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed