My hubby and I are thinking of taking 3 of our grandchildren to the Dells for about 3-4 days this summer. They are 8, 6, 5 and we are young, too! We vacationed there many times w/our own kidlets years ago and have passed through on occasion in recent years so we do know all about the touristy aspect, etc. What we're wondering about is: does anyone know anything about the older, smaller hotels located right by Noah's Ark? I'm wondering about Flamingo, Mayflower, Four Seasons, others? I remember that we liked them (way back when) because they are w/in walking distance to Noah's. Does anyone have any recent experience w/these or any others? (clean? friendly?)I know it can be a pain to pack everyone up, drive, park, and still hike a distance to the parks. Plus...the group is forced to stay the day and Nana (or Papa) cannot take 1 sleepy child back to the room without taking the car. Is it necessary in July to stay @ a big resort w/all the indoor amenities? Are there any shuttle services? Any opinions or insight is appreciated. I also welcome any other suggestions on things to do, where to eat, etc.
Wisconsin Dells hotels any recent visitors?
- 1 Boston Area College Tour
- 2 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 3 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)
- 4 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 5 Amtrak to DC, then sightseeing
- 6 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 7 D.C. in a day
- 8 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 9 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 10 Just saw the Book of Mormon in Chicago ! Can we talk about it
- 11 Using public transit in San Diego
- 12 A Visit to Charleston
- 13 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 14 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)
- 15 Help with NYC transit
- 16 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 17 Williamsburg VA
- 18 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 19 Driving from Greensboro, NC, to Tampa
- 20 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 21 Baseball Road Trip
- 22 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 23 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 24 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 25 A visit to Fallingwater and places nearby