My hubby and I are thinking of taking 3 of our grandchildren to the Dells for about 3-4 days this summer. They are 8, 6, 5 and we are young, too! We vacationed there many times w/our own kidlets years ago and have passed through on occasion in recent years so we do know all about the touristy aspect, etc. What we're wondering about is: does anyone know anything about the older, smaller hotels located right by Noah's Ark? I'm wondering about Flamingo, Mayflower, Four Seasons, others? I remember that we liked them (way back when) because they are w/in walking distance to Noah's. Does anyone have any recent experience w/these or any others? (clean? friendly?)I know it can be a pain to pack everyone up, drive, park, and still hike a distance to the parks. Plus...the group is forced to stay the day and Nana (or Papa) cannot take 1 sleepy child back to the room without taking the car. Is it necessary in July to stay @ a big resort w/all the indoor amenities? Are there any shuttle services? Any opinions or insight is appreciated. I also welcome any other suggestions on things to do, where to eat, etc.
Wisconsin Dells hotels any recent visitors?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fun restaurants in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge
- 2 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 3 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 4 Driving between Nashville and Memphis
- 5 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 6 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 7 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 8 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 9 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 10 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 11 Brooklyn why?
- 12 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 13 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 14 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 15 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 16 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 17 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 18 New York City Restaurants
- 19 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 20 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 21 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 22 Maui vacation
- 23 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 24 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 25 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help