My hubby and I are thinking of taking 3 of our grandchildren to the Dells for about 3-4 days this summer. They are 8, 6, 5 and we are young, too! We vacationed there many times w/our own kidlets years ago and have passed through on occasion in recent years so we do know all about the touristy aspect, etc. What we're wondering about is: does anyone know anything about the older, smaller hotels located right by Noah's Ark? I'm wondering about Flamingo, Mayflower, Four Seasons, others? I remember that we liked them (way back when) because they are w/in walking distance to Noah's. Does anyone have any recent experience w/these or any others? (clean? friendly?)I know it can be a pain to pack everyone up, drive, park, and still hike a distance to the parks. Plus...the group is forced to stay the day and Nana (or Papa) cannot take 1 sleepy child back to the room without taking the car. Is it necessary in July to stay @ a big resort w/all the indoor amenities? Are there any shuttle services? Any opinions or insight is appreciated. I also welcome any other suggestions on things to do, where to eat, etc.
Wisconsin Dells hotels any recent visitors?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 2 replica designer handbags
- 3 Portland Maine Hotels
- 4 San Diego parks and attractions
- 5 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 6 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 7 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 8 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 9 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 10 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 11 united and carry-ons
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 14 Cape Cod in early April
- 15 USA with a 3 year old
- 16 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 17 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 18 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 19 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 20 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 21 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 22 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 23 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 24 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 25 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii