We are a couple who have just retired and are thinking of taking a 2 week getaway this winter in Southern California. We have been to San Fran down to Carmel so feel like we would like to spend our time farther south. Can anyone recommend a base town or city or recommend more of a two week drive down the coast staying at various places? Any thoughts? Thanks!
Winter getaway - Southern California
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 2 Portsmouth NH to NYC
- 3 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 4 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 5 Dinner in Miami
- 6 Orlando to Savannah
- 7 Tipping advice
- 8 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 9 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 10 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 11 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 12 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 13 Met Opera rush tickets - process changed again!
- 14 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 15 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 16 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 17 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 18 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 19 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 20 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 21 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 22 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 23 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 24 Christmas weather?
- 25 Big island itinerary