I am planning to visit Alaska next March , in order to see aurora, which believes to have higher intensity around equinox. I would like to rent a car at Anchorage airport and drive to Fairbanks, where aurora can be seen frequently. I want to know if it's dangerous to drive along the Route 3. Any accommodation/gas stations opened in March en route? I am from Hong Kong and have little experience driving in snow.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 2 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 3 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 4 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 5 Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas
- 6 Coffee in Boston?
- 7 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 8 Traveling in winter
- 9 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 10 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 11 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 12 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 13 Interracial couples traveling south
- 14 Charleston & Savannah Lodging
- 15 Camping in or near Big Bend National Park
- 16 Nashville Never Been
- 17 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 18 New orleans recs for family
- 19 Ideas for February Road Trip from San Francisco?
- 20 Later Winter around Mobile
- 21 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 22 2 days in Vermont, Green Mountain area
- 23 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 24 Uber boston
- 25 Florida keys trip