I have been to Napa and Sonoma many years ago. As a birthday present to my mother, we are going on a "girls" trip to San Francisco and Wine Country. My mother is 77 years young and has never been to the west coast - so the plan is make an this a very special trip.
So far the plan is to stay in San Francisco for one night and head up to Bodega Bay Lodge for two nights. Explore that area and go to the Osmosis spa.
Here's where I need help. Not sure if we should head up to Healdsburg for two nights or drive on over to Napa. I have a room/cottage on hold at the Wine Country Inn in St. Helena.
The dates are June 18th - 25th but we fly out on the 25th. I have been informed that the Nascar race is that weekend in Sonoma so the traffic will be more than usual.
Do you suggest we stick to the Russian River area and Dry Creek ?
Thanks for any help with suggestions. We are very flexible with what's in place so far.
Wine Country Travel Plans - need help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 2 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 3 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 4 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 5 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 6 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 7 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 8 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 9 San Diego parks and attractions
- 10 Door County Suggestions
- 11 First family ski trip
- 12 Visiting Denver
- 13 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 14 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 15 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 16 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 17 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 18 NYC theatre broadway
- 19 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 20 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 21 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 22 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 23 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 24 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 25 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!