I have been to Napa and Sonoma many years ago. As a birthday present to my mother, we are going on a "girls" trip to San Francisco and Wine Country. My mother is 77 years young and has never been to the west coast - so the plan is make an this a very special trip.
So far the plan is to stay in San Francisco for one night and head up to Bodega Bay Lodge for two nights. Explore that area and go to the Osmosis spa.
Here's where I need help. Not sure if we should head up to Healdsburg for two nights or drive on over to Napa. I have a room/cottage on hold at the Wine Country Inn in St. Helena.
The dates are June 18th - 25th but we fly out on the 25th. I have been informed that the Nascar race is that weekend in Sonoma so the traffic will be more than usual.
Do you suggest we stick to the Russian River area and Dry Creek ?
Thanks for any help with suggestions. We are very flexible with what's in place so far.
Wine Country Travel Plans - need help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Wedding in Hawaii
- 2 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 3 rain in Kauai
- 4 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 5 Alaska cruise and land
- 6 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 7 Alaska Itinerary/Suggestions
- 8 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 9 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 10 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 11 Where to go in Maine?
- 12 Jersey City Parking
- 13 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 14 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 15 SF to DR? WTH!
- 16 Kennebunkport and....?
- 17 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 18 NYC Itinerary Help
- 19 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 20 WISCONSIN
- 21 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 22 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 23 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 24 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 25 Washington, D.C. trip report...