I have been to Napa and Sonoma many years ago. As a birthday present to my mother, we are going on a "girls" trip to San Francisco and Wine Country. My mother is 77 years young and has never been to the west coast - so the plan is make an this a very special trip.
So far the plan is to stay in San Francisco for one night and head up to Bodega Bay Lodge for two nights. Explore that area and go to the Osmosis spa.
Here's where I need help. Not sure if we should head up to Healdsburg for two nights or drive on over to Napa. I have a room/cottage on hold at the Wine Country Inn in St. Helena.
The dates are June 18th - 25th but we fly out on the 25th. I have been informed that the Nascar race is that weekend in Sonoma so the traffic will be more than usual.
Do you suggest we stick to the Russian River area and Dry Creek ?
Thanks for any help with suggestions. We are very flexible with what's in place so far.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Your favourite places in New York City
- 2 Belmond Charleston, Mills House Wyndham or Spectator?
- 3 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 4 Trip Report: Charleston SC, Hilton Head, Savannah GA and Jekyll Island
- 5 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 6 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 7 Cape cod Labor Day
- 8 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 9 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 10 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 11 Steamboat in August
- 12 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 13 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 14 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 15 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 16 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 17 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 18 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 19 Los Angeles - 2 Days
- 20 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 21 Alaskan cruise excursions
- 22 Whale watching in Bar Harbor Maine
- 23 A Delectable Brunch At The Presidio in San Francisco
- 24 'Merca! My National Parks road trip.
- 25 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia