I have been to Napa and Sonoma many years ago. As a birthday present to my mother, we are going on a "girls" trip to San Francisco and Wine Country. My mother is 77 years young and has never been to the west coast - so the plan is make an this a very special trip.
So far the plan is to stay in San Francisco for one night and head up to Bodega Bay Lodge for two nights. Explore that area and go to the Osmosis spa.
Here's where I need help. Not sure if we should head up to Healdsburg for two nights or drive on over to Napa. I have a room/cottage on hold at the Wine Country Inn in St. Helena.
The dates are June 18th - 25th but we fly out on the 25th. I have been informed that the Nascar race is that weekend in Sonoma so the traffic will be more than usual.
Do you suggest we stick to the Russian River area and Dry Creek ?
Thanks for any help with suggestions. We are very flexible with what's in place so far.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 2 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 3 DC restaurant report
- 4 Neue Galerie
- 5 My parents planned a vacation for me without asking.
- 6 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 7 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 8 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 9 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 10 Arizona in winter
- 11 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 12 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 13 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 14 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 15 Arizona in late January
- 16 A Few Days in Asheville
- 17 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot
- 18 Going to Oahu December 1-8
- 19 trip repor 5th-8th October
- 20 Key West
- 21 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 22 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 23 moving to Florida
- 24 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 25 Going from Savanah to thru Smokey Mountains and to the Blue Ridge