I have been to Napa and Sonoma many years ago. As a birthday present to my mother, we are going on a "girls" trip to San Francisco and Wine Country. My mother is 77 years young and has never been to the west coast - so the plan is make an this a very special trip.
So far the plan is to stay in San Francisco for one night and head up to Bodega Bay Lodge for two nights. Explore that area and go to the Osmosis spa.
Here's where I need help. Not sure if we should head up to Healdsburg for two nights or drive on over to Napa. I have a room/cottage on hold at the Wine Country Inn in St. Helena.
The dates are June 18th - 25th but we fly out on the 25th. I have been informed that the Nascar race is that weekend in Sonoma so the traffic will be more than usual.
Do you suggest we stick to the Russian River area and Dry Creek ?
Thanks for any help with suggestions. We are very flexible with what's in place so far.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 2 Washington and Seattle Itinerary
- 3 Two days out of Seattle
- 4 Santa Barbara/Ojai?
- 5 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 6 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 7 MN Family Hits Black Hills and Beyond
- 8 San Francisco - Hawaii Exhibit
- 9 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 10 Maine
- 11 Driving tips for San Diego, Palm Springs, Ventura
- 12 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 13 2nd attempt - Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 14 Restaurants close to King's Station?
- 15 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 16 Road trip from Albuquerque to Grand Canyon to Phoenix in February or March
- 17 Back From Alaska
- 18 Pacific coast road trip
- 19 December trip to see snow
- 20 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 21 Dining and wining in Dallas
- 22 Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 23 Senior Travel Helper
- 24 your favorite city USA?
- 25 Source of Legionnaire's Disease in NYC Confirmed