I have been to Napa and Sonoma many years ago. As a birthday present to my mother, we are going on a "girls" trip to San Francisco and Wine Country. My mother is 77 years young and has never been to the west coast - so the plan is make an this a very special trip.
So far the plan is to stay in San Francisco for one night and head up to Bodega Bay Lodge for two nights. Explore that area and go to the Osmosis spa.
Here's where I need help. Not sure if we should head up to Healdsburg for two nights or drive on over to Napa. I have a room/cottage on hold at the Wine Country Inn in St. Helena.
The dates are June 18th - 25th but we fly out on the 25th. I have been informed that the Nascar race is that weekend in Sonoma so the traffic will be more than usual.
Do you suggest we stick to the Russian River area and Dry Creek ?
Thanks for any help with suggestions. We are very flexible with what's in place so far.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 2 Florida Beach Hotel
- 3 My road trip through southern US.
- 4 Florida Nature Trip
- 5 Sarasota, Florida, good value hotels
- 6 Late night eating in Kauai
- 7 help from a true New Yorker.
- 8 Washington DC with kids
- 9 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 10 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 11 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 12 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 13 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 14 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 15 Safety Concerns
- 16 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 17 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 18 Alaska independent tour for group
- 19 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 20 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 21 5 days in Colorado
- 22 Trip to northern California
- 23 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 24 40th in Key West
- 25 Downtown Chicago