I have been to Napa and Sonoma many years ago. As a birthday present to my mother, we are going on a "girls" trip to San Francisco and Wine Country. My mother is 77 years young and has never been to the west coast - so the plan is make an this a very special trip.
So far the plan is to stay in San Francisco for one night and head up to Bodega Bay Lodge for two nights. Explore that area and go to the Osmosis spa.
Here's where I need help. Not sure if we should head up to Healdsburg for two nights or drive on over to Napa. I have a room/cottage on hold at the Wine Country Inn in St. Helena.
The dates are June 18th - 25th but we fly out on the 25th. I have been informed that the Nascar race is that weekend in Sonoma so the traffic will be more than usual.
Do you suggest we stick to the Russian River area and Dry Creek ?
Thanks for any help with suggestions. We are very flexible with what's in place so far.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 2 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 3 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 4 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 5 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 6 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 7 San Antonio shopping
- 8 Which island for R&R?
- 9 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 10 Where to stay to visit Glacier National Park
- 11 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot
- 12 blue ridge parkway?
- 13 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 14 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones
- 15 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 16 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 17 First Trip to New Mexico
- 18 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 19 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 20 San Diego, mission valley
- 21 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 22 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 23 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 24 Seattle?
- 25 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?