We recently stayed in the Wilmington area and saw quite a bit of literature talking about their riverfront outlet shops. What a disapointment. The shops are in a very pretty setting but are nearly deserted with only 4-5 being open...and one of those has going out of business signs posted. A river taxi--something our young son would surely have enjoyed--wasn't running at all the day we were there, despite printed schedules saying it should be and assurances from the outlet staff that it was still in operation. A shame since the shops look almost new and are nicely landscaped with old cranes and signs telling about the area's shipbuilding past.
Wilmington riverfront outlet shops all but closed
View all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 2 Christmas Day Dinner in Charleston SC
- 3 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 4 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 5 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 6 pa to az
- 7 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 8 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 9 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 10 RIP Judy Rogers
- 11 Calling Cards for Hawaii Travelers?
- 12 Princeville in January
- 13 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 14 Savanah Sojourn
- 15 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 16 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 17 Warm and don't Drive
- 18 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 19 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 20 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 21 Yountville or Napa in February??
- 22 6 Reasons Hawaii Will Ruin Your Life
- 23 Hotel Survey - UCSD student
- 24 4 Day Trip to Colorado
- 25 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....