Going with my significant other to visit his family for 8 days over thanksgiving in the wilmington area. I know I will want to get away to "escape" or find interesting things to do with my boyfriend and his sisters. If I am shopping I like high end stores and high end outletsie saks, bloomingdales, neimans. Art galleries would be nice to visit. Museums are also interesting but not sure if there are good ones somewhere in the area? I live in RI and love visiting the mansions in Newport during the year or the museum of fine arts in boston or the RISD museum in Providence. I am not adverse to traveling an hour to get somewhere. I would very much like to go to charlestown s carolina for a day trip but I am not sure if I can convince everyone to go that far. Any suggestions besides bringing a couple of good books? help please its my vacation too! PS - no battleships, zoos, theme parks. Thanks!
wilmington north carolina area
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 2 San Diego parks and attractions
- 3 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 4 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 5 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 6 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 7 Alaska
- 8 First family ski trip
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 11 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 12 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 13 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 14 NYC theatre broadway
- 15 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 16 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 17 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 18 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 19 5 nights in/around Yellowstone w/ kids
- 20 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 21 San Diego grocery stores
- 22 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 23 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 24 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles