I've applied for a job that I'm very interested in, in Wilmington DE, which I know nothing about. I've read a couple former threads about Wilmington, but didn't see this question discussed: my husband and I would ideally like to live in an area that is somewhat artsy/urban, perhaps walking distance to some restaurants, cafes, etc...even more ideally, also some performing arts venue/s. However, also require that it be a relatively safe neighborhood and one where it would be safe and maybe even pretty to walk outside our door and be able to take a walk for a mile or two. Kind of like the Mount Airy, or even Chestnut Hill, areas of Philadelphia. Counterparts here in Connecticut are probably West Hartford and Middletown.
Does this exist in any Wilmington neighborhood (preferable), or nearby neighborhood? We're in our 40s if that matters; don't have kids so school system doesn't matter; and like to get involved in the community we live in.
Thanks for any help!
Wilmington, DE question
- 1 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 2 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 3 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 4 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 5 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 6 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 7 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 8 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 9 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 10 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 11 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 12 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 13 St. Augustine, Florida
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 San Antonio
- 16 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 17 hotel near Met NYC
- 18 Where should I move to?
- 19 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 20 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 21 Fripp island
- 22 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 23 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 24 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 25 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.