Hello all. I would greatly appreciate your knowledgable opinions regarding the locations of 3 apartments I'm considering booking for our family of 4 from L.A (daughters 11 and 16) for a 3-4 night stay in SF on 12/27-1/1 or 1/2. We haven't been in about 4 yrs, and last time wenstayed at Fairmont Ghiradelli apts (when it was a fraction of the cost it is now). We've stayed in union square several times (where hubby suggested we stay this time) but I really want to stay in a different area with more of a local flavor. The 1st apartment is a Victorian on Hayes St. between Webster and Buchanan. The 2nd is modern style on Chestnut off Divisadero; and the 3rd (considerably more $) is a penthouse apt on Stockton off Lombard. Prices are comparable to getting two hotel rooms at relatively nice hotels, including the Clift, Omni, Fairmont, Taj so even 2nd guessing whether the advantages of a hotel (amenities like room service, etc) support going the hotel route, especially since we're only in SF for a few days. Thank you so much for any input!
Which San Francisco vacation apartment rental has a better location?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 2 Houston in September
- 3 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 4 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 5 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!
- 6 Road Trip
- 7 New York City Restaurants
- 8 Best Sonoma Wineries for Group Visit
- 9 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii
- 10 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 11 Whale watching
- 12 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 13 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 14 palm desert, CA
- 15 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 16 New York Trip
- 17 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 18 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 19 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 20 Traffic north on Hwy. 1 in Maine Sat. 9/20 midday
- 21 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 22 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 23 6 Weeks in the U.S./ London with Two 60ish Young At Heart
- 24 Hotels in North Philadelphia
- 25 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada