Hello all. I would greatly appreciate your knowledgable opinions regarding the locations of 3 apartments I'm considering booking for our family of 4 from L.A (daughters 11 and 16) for a 3-4 night stay in SF on 12/27-1/1 or 1/2. We haven't been in about 4 yrs, and last time wenstayed at Fairmont Ghiradelli apts (when it was a fraction of the cost it is now). We've stayed in union square several times (where hubby suggested we stay this time) but I really want to stay in a different area with more of a local flavor. The 1st apartment is a Victorian on Hayes St. between Webster and Buchanan. The 2nd is modern style on Chestnut off Divisadero; and the 3rd (considerably more $) is a penthouse apt on Stockton off Lombard. Prices are comparable to getting two hotel rooms at relatively nice hotels, including the Clift, Omni, Fairmont, Taj so even 2nd guessing whether the advantages of a hotel (amenities like room service, etc) support going the hotel route, especially since we're only in SF for a few days. Thank you so much for any input!
Which San Francisco vacation apartment rental has a better location?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 2 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 3 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 4 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 5 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 6 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 7 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 8 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 9 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 10 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 11 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 12 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 13 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 14 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 15 Kennedy Space Center
- 16 Jersey City Parking
- 17 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 18 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 19 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 20 Asheville NC without a car
- 21 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 22 Myrtle Beach
- 23 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 24 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 25 Colorado in the summer!