Hello all. I would greatly appreciate your knowledgable opinions regarding the locations of 3 apartments I'm considering booking for our family of 4 from L.A (daughters 11 and 16) for a 3-4 night stay in SF on 12/27-1/1 or 1/2. We haven't been in about 4 yrs, and last time wenstayed at Fairmont Ghiradelli apts (when it was a fraction of the cost it is now). We've stayed in union square several times (where hubby suggested we stay this time) but I really want to stay in a different area with more of a local flavor. The 1st apartment is a Victorian on Hayes St. between Webster and Buchanan. The 2nd is modern style on Chestnut off Divisadero; and the 3rd (considerably more $) is a penthouse apt on Stockton off Lombard. Prices are comparable to getting two hotel rooms at relatively nice hotels, including the Clift, Omni, Fairmont, Taj so even 2nd guessing whether the advantages of a hotel (amenities like room service, etc) support going the hotel route, especially since we're only in SF for a few days. Thank you so much for any input!
Which San Francisco vacation apartment rental has a better location?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 2 Phoenix restaurants
- 3 5 week in US/Mexico
- 4 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 5 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 6 10 day trip to California
- 7 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 8 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 9 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 10 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 11 Rafting near Denali
- 12 New York City Restaurants
- 13 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 14 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 15 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 16 Kennedy Space Center
- 17 Week in October in Maine
- 18 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 19 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 20 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 21 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 22 B-Day Mini adventure
- 23 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 24 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 25 Timeshare Nightmares