Hello all. I would greatly appreciate your knowledgable opinions regarding the locations of 3 apartments I'm considering booking for our family of 4 from L.A (daughters 11 and 16) for a 3-4 night stay in SF on 12/27-1/1 or 1/2. We haven't been in about 4 yrs, and last time wenstayed at Fairmont Ghiradelli apts (when it was a fraction of the cost it is now). We've stayed in union square several times (where hubby suggested we stay this time) but I really want to stay in a different area with more of a local flavor. The 1st apartment is a Victorian on Hayes St. between Webster and Buchanan. The 2nd is modern style on Chestnut off Divisadero; and the 3rd (considerably more $) is a penthouse apt on Stockton off Lombard. Prices are comparable to getting two hotel rooms at relatively nice hotels, including the Clift, Omni, Fairmont, Taj so even 2nd guessing whether the advantages of a hotel (amenities like room service, etc) support going the hotel route, especially since we're only in SF for a few days. Thank you so much for any input!
Which San Francisco vacation apartment rental has a better location?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Universal studios/Orlando
- 2 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 3 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 4 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 5 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 6 USA with a 3 year old
- 7 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 8 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 9 NYC theatre broadway
- 10 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 11 First family ski trip
- 12 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 13 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 14 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 15 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 16 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 17 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 18 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 19 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 20 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 21 Wedding venue in NH
- 22 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 23 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 24 San Diego parks and attractions
- 25 Alaska