I am toying with the idea of taking my soon to be 16 year old stepdaughter to Seattle to celebrate her 16th birthday. The trip would be only 3 nights. I would be traveling on a Thursday and returning on a Sunday.
She is a wonderful young woman and I would love to take her some place more exotic but the budget and time factor does not work out right now. Her birthday is Sept 6 but I would be taking her at the end of August in between my class schedule.
I have been to Seattle a few times but not in a few years.
My stepdaughter is a great traveler, easy to get along with. She has not been to Seattle since she was a toddler.
I live in Southern California so am not looking for a place that is too far to fly to. We have been to NYC many times due to family living there so am trying to think of some place new. I have also toyed with San Francisco.
She likes to shop, eat sushi, see theater, enjoys museums to a certain extent but at times i think tolerates them for my sake . She is easy to please. It would just be she and I traveling.
I have from a Thursday - coming home on a Sunday.
Open to suggestions about Seattle and SF as well as any place else.
Thanks so much!
where to take soon to be 16 year old for a few night getaway to celebrate?
- 1 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 2 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 3 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 4 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 5 San Antonio
- 6 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 7 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 8 Hotel near Public Theater
- 9 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 10 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 11 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 12 Oahu Information
- 13 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 14 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 15 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 16 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 17 Savanah Sojourn
- 18 One day in Washington DC
- 19 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 20 Special Chrstmas Tree
- 21 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 22 South Florida luxury hotels with a 5 year old
- 23 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 24 RIP Judy Rogers
- 25 Fun restaurants in New Orleans