I am toying with the idea of taking my soon to be 16 year old stepdaughter to Seattle to celebrate her 16th birthday. The trip would be only 3 nights. I would be traveling on a Thursday and returning on a Sunday.
She is a wonderful young woman and I would love to take her some place more exotic but the budget and time factor does not work out right now. Her birthday is Sept 6 but I would be taking her at the end of August in between my class schedule.
I have been to Seattle a few times but not in a few years.
My stepdaughter is a great traveler, easy to get along with. She has not been to Seattle since she was a toddler.
I live in Southern California so am not looking for a place that is too far to fly to. We have been to NYC many times due to family living there so am trying to think of some place new. I have also toyed with San Francisco.
She likes to shop, eat sushi, see theater, enjoys museums to a certain extent but at times i think tolerates them for my sake . She is easy to please. It would just be she and I traveling.
I have from a Thursday - coming home on a Sunday.
Open to suggestions about Seattle and SF as well as any place else.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Advice on tipping
- 2 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 3 national/state park in November
- 4 Cross Country NH to WA
- 5 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 6 Road trip phila to toronto - help!
- 7 Road trip October
- 8 Yreka, CA to Medford, OR, Siskiyou Pass
- 9 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 10 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 11 Road Trip
- 12 2 months in Hawaii!
- 13 NY to North Carolina family road trip in August
- 14 November trip to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce
- 15 Las Vegas to LA by car.
- 16 San Fransisco hotel
- 17 Nantucket for Columbus Weekend
- 18 Grand Canyon - South or East entrance?
- 19 Amish
- 20 best binocular for travel
- 21 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall
- 22 Place to stay in Cocoa Beach
- 23 Seattle Hotels
- 24 Cayo Costa State Park
- 25 My Bucket List Retirement Trip
where to take soon to be 16 year old for a few night getaway to celebrate?