I am toying with the idea of taking my soon to be 16 year old stepdaughter to Seattle to celebrate her 16th birthday. The trip would be only 3 nights. I would be traveling on a Thursday and returning on a Sunday.
She is a wonderful young woman and I would love to take her some place more exotic but the budget and time factor does not work out right now. Her birthday is Sept 6 but I would be taking her at the end of August in between my class schedule.
I have been to Seattle a few times but not in a few years.
My stepdaughter is a great traveler, easy to get along with. She has not been to Seattle since she was a toddler.
I live in Southern California so am not looking for a place that is too far to fly to. We have been to NYC many times due to family living there so am trying to think of some place new. I have also toyed with San Francisco.
She likes to shop, eat sushi, see theater, enjoys museums to a certain extent but at times i think tolerates them for my sake . She is easy to please. It would just be she and I traveling.
I have from a Thursday - coming home on a Sunday.
Open to suggestions about Seattle and SF as well as any place else.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 taking home sand
- 2 2 hour radius of Boston 9/7
- 3 Suggestions for Thanksgiving weekend on Cape Cod
- 4 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 5 Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 6 Champaigne, Illinois
- 7 Once again, another great trip to DC (August 23-30)
- 8 Long weekend in New Orleans
- 9 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 10 Farewell from Ira
- 11 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 12 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 13 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 14 Back From Alaska
- 15 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 16 Driving from Austin to San Francisco
- 17 San Diego July 2016 - an FYI
- 18 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 19 Driving Trip to Idaho
- 20 Finding the right moving company. (Calgary to Seattle!)
- 21 orlando need a car?
- 22 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 23 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 24 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 25 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
where to take soon to be 16 year old for a few night getaway to celebrate?