I am toying with the idea of taking my soon to be 16 year old stepdaughter to Seattle to celebrate her 16th birthday. The trip would be only 3 nights. I would be traveling on a Thursday and returning on a Sunday.
She is a wonderful young woman and I would love to take her some place more exotic but the budget and time factor does not work out right now. Her birthday is Sept 6 but I would be taking her at the end of August in between my class schedule.
I have been to Seattle a few times but not in a few years.
My stepdaughter is a great traveler, easy to get along with. She has not been to Seattle since she was a toddler.
I live in Southern California so am not looking for a place that is too far to fly to. We have been to NYC many times due to family living there so am trying to think of some place new. I have also toyed with San Francisco.
She likes to shop, eat sushi, see theater, enjoys museums to a certain extent but at times i think tolerates them for my sake . She is easy to please. It would just be she and I traveling.
I have from a Thursday - coming home on a Sunday.
Open to suggestions about Seattle and SF as well as any place else.
Thanks so much!
where to take soon to be 16 year old for a few night getaway to celebrate?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 2 Question about Miami travel
- 3 Salt Lake City
- 4 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 5 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 6 First family ski trip
- 7 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 8 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 9 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 10 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona
- 11 Locker at JFK
- 12 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 13 San Diego grocery stores
- 14 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 15 Best places to move to Florida?
- 16 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 17 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 18 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 19 Key Largo, FL
- 20 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 21 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 22 San Antonio Airport Taxi to Majestic... and Food Suggestions??
- 23 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 24 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 25 West Coast Bound End of March