I am toying with the idea of taking my soon to be 16 year old stepdaughter to Seattle to celebrate her 16th birthday. The trip would be only 3 nights. I would be traveling on a Thursday and returning on a Sunday.
She is a wonderful young woman and I would love to take her some place more exotic but the budget and time factor does not work out right now. Her birthday is Sept 6 but I would be taking her at the end of August in between my class schedule.
I have been to Seattle a few times but not in a few years.
My stepdaughter is a great traveler, easy to get along with. She has not been to Seattle since she was a toddler.
I live in Southern California so am not looking for a place that is too far to fly to. We have been to NYC many times due to family living there so am trying to think of some place new. I have also toyed with San Francisco.
She likes to shop, eat sushi, see theater, enjoys museums to a certain extent but at times i think tolerates them for my sake . She is easy to please. It would just be she and I traveling.
I have from a Thursday - coming home on a Sunday.
Open to suggestions about Seattle and SF as well as any place else.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A day in Boston
- 2 Trip Starting from New York
- 3 Where to stay in Munising, MI?
- 4 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 5 "Kid" things to do in Stanwood area
- 6 Travel between Orlando and Boston.
- 7 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 8 California Summer weather/ clothing
- 9 Nilichik Ak.
- 10 public transportation to and from Freedom Trail from cruiseport
- 11 Nat Park Trip in Utah - Too Much??
- 12 Bodega Bay with young kids
- 13 SF <-> Seattle in Nov. (9 days)
- 14 Looking for info on visiting the John Day Fossil Beds NM in Oregon
- 15 Phone SIM
- 16 Universal Orlando 2.5 days
- 17 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 18 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 19 New England Canada Road Trip
- 20 Detroit - Something Fun to Do?
- 21 Southern Michigan vacation destination?
- 22 Island of Oahu: looking for cheap accommodation
- 23 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 24 Newport Historic District - where is it? Walking tour?
- 25 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
where to take soon to be 16 year old for a few night getaway to celebrate?