I am toying with the idea of taking my soon to be 16 year old stepdaughter to Seattle to celebrate her 16th birthday. The trip would be only 3 nights. I would be traveling on a Thursday and returning on a Sunday.
She is a wonderful young woman and I would love to take her some place more exotic but the budget and time factor does not work out right now. Her birthday is Sept 6 but I would be taking her at the end of August in between my class schedule.
I have been to Seattle a few times but not in a few years.
My stepdaughter is a great traveler, easy to get along with. She has not been to Seattle since she was a toddler.
I live in Southern California so am not looking for a place that is too far to fly to. We have been to NYC many times due to family living there so am trying to think of some place new. I have also toyed with San Francisco.
She likes to shop, eat sushi, see theater, enjoys museums to a certain extent but at times i think tolerates them for my sake . She is easy to please. It would just be she and I traveling.
I have from a Thursday - coming home on a Sunday.
Open to suggestions about Seattle and SF as well as any place else.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 9 days Zion/Bryce from Vegas
- 2 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 3 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 4 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 5 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 6 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 7 November redwoods trip
- 8 San Fran
- 9 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 10 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 11 Seattle?
- 12 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 13 SF and northern California - October
- 14 grand canyon to santa fe in april?
- 15 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 16 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 17 Alabama trip in Dec
- 18 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 19 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 20 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 21 Yellowstone
- 22 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 23 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 24 costco Big island
- 25 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
where to take soon to be 16 year old for a few night getaway to celebrate?