I am toying with the idea of taking my soon to be 16 year old stepdaughter to Seattle to celebrate her 16th birthday. The trip would be only 3 nights. I would be traveling on a Thursday and returning on a Sunday.
She is a wonderful young woman and I would love to take her some place more exotic but the budget and time factor does not work out right now. Her birthday is Sept 6 but I would be taking her at the end of August in between my class schedule.
I have been to Seattle a few times but not in a few years.
My stepdaughter is a great traveler, easy to get along with. She has not been to Seattle since she was a toddler.
I live in Southern California so am not looking for a place that is too far to fly to. We have been to NYC many times due to family living there so am trying to think of some place new. I have also toyed with San Francisco.
She likes to shop, eat sushi, see theater, enjoys museums to a certain extent but at times i think tolerates them for my sake . She is easy to please. It would just be she and I traveling.
I have from a Thursday - coming home on a Sunday.
Open to suggestions about Seattle and SF as well as any place else.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 2 Mesa Verde question
- 3 Planning our Move
- 4 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?
- 5 Wilmington DE questions
- 6 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?
- 7 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 8 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 9 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 10 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 11 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 12 Best options for viewing, learning about lava flows on Big Island?
- 13 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 14 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 15 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 16 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 17 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 18 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 19 Best Marriott options NYC using Marriott points
- 20 9 day family New England Trip October - Advice
- 21 Hotel advise Chicago
- 22 Maui and Kauai
- 23 Santa Fe and Taos in November
- 24 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 25 Good gift for my father who loves to travel
where to take soon to be 16 year old for a few night getaway to celebrate?