I am toying with the idea of taking my soon to be 16 year old stepdaughter to Seattle to celebrate her 16th birthday. The trip would be only 3 nights. I would be traveling on a Thursday and returning on a Sunday.
She is a wonderful young woman and I would love to take her some place more exotic but the budget and time factor does not work out right now. Her birthday is Sept 6 but I would be taking her at the end of August in between my class schedule.
I have been to Seattle a few times but not in a few years.
My stepdaughter is a great traveler, easy to get along with. She has not been to Seattle since she was a toddler.
I live in Southern California so am not looking for a place that is too far to fly to. We have been to NYC many times due to family living there so am trying to think of some place new. I have also toyed with San Francisco.
She likes to shop, eat sushi, see theater, enjoys museums to a certain extent but at times i think tolerates them for my sake . She is easy to please. It would just be she and I traveling.
I have from a Thursday - coming home on a Sunday.
Open to suggestions about Seattle and SF as well as any place else.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 2 Carmel Monterey
- 3 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 4 Big Sure in June
- 5 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 6 Santa Fe Itineray
- 7 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 8 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 9 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 10 Arches Devils Garden
- 11 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 12 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 13 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 14 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 15 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 16 best health clubs with lap pools
- 17 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 18 Retiring to Tucson
- 19 universal studios and disney
- 20 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 21 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 22 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 23 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 24 Savannah hotel
- 25 Utah National Parks visit
where to take soon to be 16 year old for a few night getaway to celebrate?