My DH and I are traveling with our three teen girls (18, 16, 13) to So. Cal in late August. Trying to figure out where to stay while in LA and San Diego. Have heard Santa Monica is good for the LA area and Mission Beach for the San Diego area. We are planning to rent on VRBO as we can get at least two bedrooms for the price of one hotel room (all five of us in one room, sharing one bath, does not work well). I am looking for areas that are safe, convenient and near activities, shopping and restaurants. While in San Diego, the girls want to learn to surf and go kayaking, paddle boarding, ride bikes,etc... We will have a car.
Where to Stay While in LA and San Diego?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 2 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 3 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 4 Kid School Admission
- 5 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 6 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 7 Things to do in La Jolla
- 8 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 9 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 10 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 11 Minneapolis Parking
- 12 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 13 Hiking in Georgia - beautiful photos
- 14 Romantic destination in the US
- 15 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 16 which St. Louis neighborhood to base in, given these destinations?
- 17 family road trip
- 18 Alaska Trip Planning
- 19 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 20 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 21 Recommended Private Shuttle Service From JFK Airport to Long Island City
- 22 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 23 New York City-New Things?
- 24 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 25 SOS....Thunderstorms when we plan to visit NOLA