My family (two adults and one three-year-old) will be taking the train into Chicago from Mississippi on the first weekend in May. We just found out every hotel that we have stayed at downtown in the past is booked and anything that is available is too expensive for our pocketbooks. My parents will be meeting us at the station from MIchigan and will have a car, so we will be able to drive wherever we need to. Where is the best place to stay on the outskirts that gives us good access to the CTA into downtown so that we do not have to depend on using the car and paying for parking downtown (much less finding it)?
Where to stay outside of Chicago
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado in the summer!
- 2 Kennebunkport and....?
- 3 Need limo service from JFK
- 4 Where to go in Maine?
- 5 Travel West Coast
- 6 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 7 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 8 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 9 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 10 New York City Restaurants
- 11 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 12 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 13 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 14 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 15 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 16 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 17 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 18 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 19 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 20 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 21 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 22 Dining in D.C.
- 23 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 24 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 25 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State