Hello. We are a British mother and daughter (65 and 27) and will be staying in New England from late April to the beginning of May. After that we plan to drive from Rhode Island to a place outside New York City where we can easily travel by train into the city. Where is a nice town well outside New York City that we can either get a hotel for a couple nights and commute into the city to see friends, returning late evening each day, or else leave the car and travel in and stay for a couple of nights in a hotel in New York, then return to pick up the car and travel to Boston for the rest of our trip? All advice welcome.
Where to stay outside NYC for easy travel by train into the city?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What is timeshare in spiritual sense.
- 2 Skiing New Mexico
- 3 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 4 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 5 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 6 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 7 Where to from Tampa?
- 8 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 9 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 10 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 11 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 12 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 13 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 14 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 15 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 16 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 17 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 18 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 19 Thinking about moving from PA to Florida (Dr. Phillips area of Orlando)
- 20 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 21 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 22 Drive from Grand Canyon to Prescott next week
- 23 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 24 Special Occasion/Fancy Dress shops in South Florida
- 25 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)