Hello. We are a British mother and daughter (65 and 27) and will be staying in New England from late April to the beginning of May. After that we plan to drive from Rhode Island to a place outside New York City where we can easily travel by train into the city. Where is a nice town well outside New York City that we can either get a hotel for a couple nights and commute into the city to see friends, returning late evening each day, or else leave the car and travel in and stay for a couple of nights in a hotel in New York, then return to pick up the car and travel to Boston for the rest of our trip? All advice welcome.
Where to stay outside NYC for easy travel by train into the city?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kennebunkport and....?
- 2 Jersey City Parking
- 3 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 4 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 5 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 6 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 7 Travel West Coast
- 8 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 9 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 10 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 11 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 12 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 13 Colorado in the summer!
- 14 Where to go in Maine?
- 15 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 16 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 17 New York City Restaurants
- 18 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 19 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 20 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 21 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 22 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 23 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 24 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 25 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah