Hello. We are a British mother and daughter (65 and 27) and will be staying in New England from late April to the beginning of May. After that we plan to drive from Rhode Island to a place outside New York City where we can easily travel by train into the city. Where is a nice town well outside New York City that we can either get a hotel for a couple nights and commute into the city to see friends, returning late evening each day, or else leave the car and travel in and stay for a couple of nights in a hotel in New York, then return to pick up the car and travel to Boston for the rest of our trip? All advice welcome.
Where to stay outside NYC for easy travel by train into the city?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Northern California for 7 days in May
- 2 Which neighborhood to stay in that's convenient to Broadway shows?
- 3 Minneapolis Parking
- 4 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 5 4/30/2015 Driving Vegas to Newport Rhode Island - southern route
- 6 DC - WW2 flyover
- 7 Camping Generator!?
- 8 Does the Warner Brothers Tour (Burbank) actually sell out?
- 9 Ft. Myers, Fl airport rental agencies
- 10 How Do We Get from JFK to Stamford, CT?
- 11 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 12 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 13 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 14 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 15 New York City-New Things?
- 16 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 17 Which 2 islands to visit?
- 18 Fun girls' weekend in San Antonio - recommendations?
- 19 Best restaurants in Seattle
- 20 Alaska Trip Planning
- 21 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 22 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 23 Things to do in La Jolla
- 24 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 25 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report