Hello. We are a British mother and daughter (65 and 27) and will be staying in New England from late April to the beginning of May. After that we plan to drive from Rhode Island to a place outside New York City where we can easily travel by train into the city. Where is a nice town well outside New York City that we can either get a hotel for a couple nights and commute into the city to see friends, returning late evening each day, or else leave the car and travel in and stay for a couple of nights in a hotel in New York, then return to pick up the car and travel to Boston for the rest of our trip? All advice welcome.
Where to stay outside NYC for easy travel by train into the city?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SF to DR? WTH!
- 2 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 3 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 4 rain in Kauai
- 5 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 6 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 7 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 8 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 9 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 10 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 11 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 12 Jersey City Parking
- 13 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 14 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 15 Kennebunkport and....?
- 16 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 17 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 18 Washington, DC to Boston
- 19 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 20 Where to go in Maine?
- 21 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 22 Ferry Valdez-Whittier (to Anchorage) or take the road instead ?
- 23 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 24 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 25 Kennedy Space Center