Hello. We are a British mother and daughter (65 and 27) and will be staying in New England from late April to the beginning of May. After that we plan to drive from Rhode Island to a place outside New York City where we can easily travel by train into the city. Where is a nice town well outside New York City that we can either get a hotel for a couple nights and commute into the city to see friends, returning late evening each day, or else leave the car and travel in and stay for a couple of nights in a hotel in New York, then return to pick up the car and travel to Boston for the rest of our trip? All advice welcome.
Where to stay outside NYC for easy travel by train into the city?
View all United States activity »
- 1 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 2 Special Chrstmas Tree
- 3 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 4 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 5 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 6 South Florida luxury hotels with a 5 year old
- 7 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 8 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 9 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 10 RIP Judy Rogers
- 11 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 12 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 13 Boston area
- 14 Savanah Sojourn
- 15 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 16 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 17 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 18 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 19 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 20 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 21 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 22 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 23 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 24 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 25 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??