Hello. We are a British mother and daughter (65 and 27) and will be staying in New England from late April to the beginning of May. After that we plan to drive from Rhode Island to a place outside New York City where we can easily travel by train into the city. Where is a nice town well outside New York City that we can either get a hotel for a couple nights and commute into the city to see friends, returning late evening each day, or else leave the car and travel in and stay for a couple of nights in a hotel in New York, then return to pick up the car and travel to Boston for the rest of our trip? All advice welcome.
Where to stay outside NYC for easy travel by train into the city?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 adams morgan - safety
- 2 Morning in miami
- 3 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 4 Grand Marais?
- 5 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 6 Grand Teton in October
- 7 Top NOtch restaurant Minneapolis
- 8 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 9 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 10 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 11 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 12 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 13 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 14 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 15 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 16 US Southwest
- 17 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 18 Traveling from Portland to San Fran/Napa Valley
- 19 Driving - Philadelphia to San Francisco
- 20 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 21 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 22 Looking for Classic/ vintage cars points of interest
- 23 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 24 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 25 Central US goecaching trip via Amtrak