Hello. We are a British mother and daughter (65 and 27) and will be staying in New England from late April to the beginning of May. After that we plan to drive from Rhode Island to a place outside New York City where we can easily travel by train into the city. Where is a nice town well outside New York City that we can either get a hotel for a couple nights and commute into the city to see friends, returning late evening each day, or else leave the car and travel in and stay for a couple of nights in a hotel in New York, then return to pick up the car and travel to Boston for the rest of our trip? All advice welcome.
Where to stay outside NYC for easy travel by train into the city?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 2 Chicago in early March 2015 - a dilemma...
- 3 New York City Restaurants
- 4 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 5 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 6 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 7 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 8 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 9 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 10 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 11 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 12 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 13 Boston/Fenway park
- 14 California self drive trip
- 15 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 16 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 17 Timeshare Nightmares
- 18 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 19 10 day trip to California
- 20 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 21 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 22 Drive along the Columbia River
- 23 Wine Country Picnic
- 24 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 25 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)