Hello. We are a British mother and daughter (65 and 27) and will be staying in New England from late April to the beginning of May. After that we plan to drive from Rhode Island to a place outside New York City where we can easily travel by train into the city. Where is a nice town well outside New York City that we can either get a hotel for a couple nights and commute into the city to see friends, returning late evening each day, or else leave the car and travel in and stay for a couple of nights in a hotel in New York, then return to pick up the car and travel to Boston for the rest of our trip? All advice welcome.
Where to stay outside NYC for easy travel by train into the city?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 2 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 3 Does anyone have a place on Cape Cod?
- 4 Mesa Verde
- 5 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 6 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 7 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 8 Hotel near Miami airport
- 9 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 10 Road Trip SW
- 11 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 12 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 13 culpepper
- 14 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 15 Chicago trip
- 16 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 17 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 18 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 19 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 20 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 21 moving to florida
- 22 Santa Barbara, California
- 23 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 24 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 25 Maui - Kaanapali shuttle/trolley