My family and I (we have a 6 year old son) are taking a trip to Myrtle soon if we can find a resort we feel comfortable going to (based on reviews tripadvisor some are kinda scary).
1. Bad reviews -- I was also told watch the photos on resorts by someone that rents condos because they are misleading, and reviews I see confirm that (some saying coach roach infested, others bed bugs, or sleeping on hard uncomfortable beds, or blood on sheets, & maid service bad, with unclean pools for kids and others!).
2. Newest best hotels recommended? - any I didn't mention? - -I was told the newest resorts are Grande Ocean Shores, Towers on the Grove, also Paradise Resort)... and these would be good choices since not been in business for long & don't need renovations with also needing to please guests since not in business as long. Anyone stayed at these?
3. Kids amenities/clean & supervised somewhat? --I was looking for kids amenities, really considering Coral Beach resort, looks fun, and even Dunes Village (until someone wrote something about bed bugs-but that could happen anywhere, because someone that stays there would bring them in ya know). It's just really more expensive, both are than we were wanting to spend. There is also the Springmaid resort - anyone stayed there?
4. Safe area & not trashy drunk or noisy teens wee hours of night?--I want to stay where there are not tons of teens or adults drunk since we will have my 6 year old, clean pools & rooms, price range hoping for $150 - $180/189 and also a safe area, not too much crazy noise at night with my son and we will be trying to get ready for next day. Also, if there are slides would like lifeguards for kids or someone actually watching to see if big kids being annoying to guests (read reviews of this where nobody that worked at resort cared about this).
Please any advice GREATLY appreciated. Also any websites to get deals would help--not just expedia, hotwire, etc, but like good vacation websites who rent resort condos or someone you have had great experience using..etc. Thanks!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?
- 2 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?
- 3 Wilmington DE questions
- 4 Planning our Move
- 5 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 6 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 7 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 8 Trip Funding
- 9 Mesa Verde question
- 10 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 11 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 12 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 13 Best options for viewing, learning about lava flows on Big Island?
- 14 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 15 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 16 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 17 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 18 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 19 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 20 Best Marriott options NYC using Marriott points
- 21 9 day family New England Trip October - Advice
- 22 Hotel advise Chicago
- 23 Maui and Kauai
- 24 Santa Fe and Taos in November
- 25 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
Where to stay Myrtle/clean pools/kids ament./safe area/3-4 stars