I was looking for current recommendations for where to stay the night before our Anacortes ferry leaves for Orcas this summer. Family of 4, hoping to find something nice, not necessarily a luxury spa, but not a motel 6 either. Mid priced and clean.
We will be arriving in Seattle the day before, then driving up towards Anacortes just to spend the night. We're also thinking of using that afternoon before the ferry to meander up towards Anacortes, may drive through some of the Seattle suburbs to get the feel for the area. (Then again, we may make a straight line for Anacortes and drop, depending on the flight with 2 small children.)
What are some of the better places to stay in Anacortes?
Or---are there other towns or cities near Anacortes that are good options. We aren't trying to be on the first ferry... just avoid that traffic from Seattle and get on by midday.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 US Open Tennis
- 2 Reagan Library
- 3 Hawaii with limited time
- 4 Southern history- walkable cities
- 5 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 6 Disneyworld from a west coast perspective
- 7 Your favourite places in New York City
- 8 Steamboat in August
- 9 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 10 Hotels in San Diego
- 11 San Diego Marriott Marquis or Omni?
- 12 Suggestions - summer day in New Haven
- 13 Cape cod Labor Day
- 14 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 15 Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion itinerary
- 16 Los Angeles and Beyond
- 17 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 18 Even Disney isn't Disney anymore
- 19 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 20 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 21 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 22 Grand Teton Questions
- 23 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 24 Belmond Charleston, Mills House Wyndham or Spectator?
- 25 Trip Report: Charleston SC, Hilton Head, Savannah GA and Jekyll Island