I was looking for current recommendations for where to stay the night before our Anacortes ferry leaves for Orcas this summer. Family of 4, hoping to find something nice, not necessarily a luxury spa, but not a motel 6 either. Mid priced and clean.
We will be arriving in Seattle the day before, then driving up towards Anacortes just to spend the night. We're also thinking of using that afternoon before the ferry to meander up towards Anacortes, may drive through some of the Seattle suburbs to get the feel for the area. (Then again, we may make a straight line for Anacortes and drop, depending on the flight with 2 small children.)
What are some of the better places to stay in Anacortes?
Or---are there other towns or cities near Anacortes that are good options. We aren't trying to be on the first ferry... just avoid that traffic from Seattle and get on by midday.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 2 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 3 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 4 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 5 Key West Hidden Gem Hotels?
- 6 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 7 Child safe Hawaii beaches in late October
- 8 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 9 Oahu condo-Ilikai
- 10 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way
- 11 road trip
- 12 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 13 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 14 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 15 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 16 Florida in October
- 17 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 18 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 19 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 20 FLL to Key West
- 21 Driving south from Washington DC, but where??
- 22 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
- 23 Road Trip to ND, SD, Nebraska, and Iowas
- 24 7-DAY SOJOURN IN SO. CAL
- 25 New England Road Trip