I was looking for current recommendations for where to stay the night before our Anacortes ferry leaves for Orcas this summer. Family of 4, hoping to find something nice, not necessarily a luxury spa, but not a motel 6 either. Mid priced and clean.
We will be arriving in Seattle the day before, then driving up towards Anacortes just to spend the night. We're also thinking of using that afternoon before the ferry to meander up towards Anacortes, may drive through some of the Seattle suburbs to get the feel for the area. (Then again, we may make a straight line for Anacortes and drop, depending on the flight with 2 small children.)
What are some of the better places to stay in Anacortes?
Or---are there other towns or cities near Anacortes that are good options. We aren't trying to be on the first ferry... just avoid that traffic from Seattle and get on by midday.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 2 November redwoods trip
- 3 San Fran
- 4 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 5 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 6 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 7 Seattle?
- 8 9 days Zion/Bryce from Vegas
- 9 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 10 SF and northern California - October
- 11 grand canyon to santa fe in april?
- 12 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 13 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 14 Alabama trip in Dec
- 15 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 16 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 17 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 18 Yellowstone
- 19 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 20 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 21 costco Big island
- 22 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 23 Which island for R&R?
- 24 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 25 Olympic NP w/toddler