Planning a trip to western NC over fourth of July. Would like to stay in a nice cabin either in the mountains or on a lake. Traveling with three daughters 16, 14 and 11. We want to do whitewater rafting, horseback riding, fishing, mining for gems and of course, do a little shopping. What is the best area to stay in for these activities? Thanks!
Where to Stay in Western NC?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 2 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 3 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 4 First family ski trip
- 5 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 6 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 7 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 8 NYC theatre broadway
- 9 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 10 Universal studios/Orlando
- 11 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 12 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 13 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 14 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 15 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 16 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 17 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 18 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 19 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 20 USA with a 3 year old
- 21 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 22 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 23 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 24 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 25 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations