We are headed to Washington DC soon to show the kids the museums and memorials. I am looking for a hotel that is kid friendly, not far from the Mall area (either by it self or via metro), and not over the top expensive. Every time I think I have something I read reviews and see that this one doesn't have a bathroom or this one hasn't been updated since the 1980's or some other random flaw. I have looked at the Dupont Circle Hotel, The Hotel Palomar, the Embassy Suites Washington DC, the Hilton Garden Hotel and the Omni Shoreham. Has anyone been to one of these hotels? Would you recommend or not for a family of 5? We are open to other ideas as well. Thank you!
Where to stay in Washington with family?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 2 4 week family trip ideas
- 3 Metro Card Options
- 4 Oahu
- 5 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?
- 6 One day trip to New york or Washington DC (First visit)!
- 7 Washington DC and Philadelphia
- 8 getting around DC
- 9 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 10 Transportation suggestions from JFK to Teaneck/Tenafly, NJ
- 11 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 12 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 13 Dressing up for theatre in new york
- 14 San Francisco - mid October
- 15 Carmel by the sea to Las Vegas by road
- 16 San Antonio GTG 21 September 2014
- 17 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 18 Newport Restaurants
- 19 103rd annual northern Navajo nation fair
- 20 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 21 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 22 Car Rental UK Drivers License
- 23 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 24 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 25 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014