We are headed to Washington DC soon to show the kids the museums and memorials. I am looking for a hotel that is kid friendly, not far from the Mall area (either by it self or via metro), and not over the top expensive. Every time I think I have something I read reviews and see that this one doesn't have a bathroom or this one hasn't been updated since the 1980's or some other random flaw. I have looked at the Dupont Circle Hotel, The Hotel Palomar, the Embassy Suites Washington DC, the Hilton Garden Hotel and the Omni Shoreham. Has anyone been to one of these hotels? Would you recommend or not for a family of 5? We are open to other ideas as well. Thank you!
Where to stay in Washington with family?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 2 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 3 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 4 Restaurants in and around Asheville, NC
- 5 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 6 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 7 Florida St George's Island
- 8 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 9 Union Square area restaurant
- 10 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 11 4 week family trip ideas
- 12 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 13 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 14 Must Eats
- 15 Breckenridge in October
- 16 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 17 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 18 Good area to stay in for young (20-something) married couple?
- 19 New York Food Tours
- 20 Richmond highlights?
- 21 Washington DC in Spring?
- 22 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 23 Arches National Park in a day
- 24 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 25 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria