We are headed to Washington DC soon to show the kids the museums and memorials. I am looking for a hotel that is kid friendly, not far from the Mall area (either by it self or via metro), and not over the top expensive. Every time I think I have something I read reviews and see that this one doesn't have a bathroom or this one hasn't been updated since the 1980's or some other random flaw. I have looked at the Dupont Circle Hotel, The Hotel Palomar, the Embassy Suites Washington DC, the Hilton Garden Hotel and the Omni Shoreham. Has anyone been to one of these hotels? Would you recommend or not for a family of 5? We are open to other ideas as well. Thank you!
Where to stay in Washington with family?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 2 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 3 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 4 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 5 New York, New York...
- 6 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 7 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 8 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 9 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 10 trains in Europe
- 11 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 12 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 13 USA trip
- 14 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 15 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 16 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 17 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 18 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 19 Washington DC in Spring?
- 20 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 21 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 22 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 23 NBA tickets??
- 24 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 25 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014