We are headed to Washington DC soon to show the kids the museums and memorials. I am looking for a hotel that is kid friendly, not far from the Mall area (either by it self or via metro), and not over the top expensive. Every time I think I have something I read reviews and see that this one doesn't have a bathroom or this one hasn't been updated since the 1980's or some other random flaw. I have looked at the Dupont Circle Hotel, The Hotel Palomar, the Embassy Suites Washington DC, the Hilton Garden Hotel and the Omni Shoreham. Has anyone been to one of these hotels? Would you recommend or not for a family of 5? We are open to other ideas as well. Thank you!
Where to stay in Washington with family?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 2 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 3 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 4 Ackislander
- 5 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 6 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 7 Disney Hotel. Which should we book?
- 8 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 9 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 10 Keith Haring Exhibit at the De Young, San Francisco
- 11 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 12 Las Vegas to San Francisco - Kings Canyon or Sequoia National Park?
- 13 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 14 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 15 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 16 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 17 Cross Country RV Trip
- 18 Hotels Philly
- 19 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 20 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 21 Car renting - Santa Cruz to Santa Barbara
- 22 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 23 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 24 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 25 California