We are headed to Washington DC soon to show the kids the museums and memorials. I am looking for a hotel that is kid friendly, not far from the Mall area (either by it self or via metro), and not over the top expensive. Every time I think I have something I read reviews and see that this one doesn't have a bathroom or this one hasn't been updated since the 1980's or some other random flaw. I have looked at the Dupont Circle Hotel, The Hotel Palomar, the Embassy Suites Washington DC, the Hilton Garden Hotel and the Omni Shoreham. Has anyone been to one of these hotels? Would you recommend or not for a family of 5? We are open to other ideas as well. Thank you!
Where to stay in Washington with family?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Door County Suggestions
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 Visiting Denver
- 5 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 6 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 7 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 8 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 9 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 10 NYC theatre broadway
- 11 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 12 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 13 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 14 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 15 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 16 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 17 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 18 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 19 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 20 Visiting Denver
- 21 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 22 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 23 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 24 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 25 Denver in a half day