My daughter and I are planning a weekend getaway (one night) for my husband to celebrate his retirement. He does not like big parties and loves weekend trips so we thought this would be better than a surprise party. We love Vermont, & haven't been in awhile. In the past we haved stayed in Dorset, VT (near Manchester), and have stayed in Woodstock. So we are looking for a different location this trip.
What are your opinions of Montpelier? Is there enough to keep us occupied for two days? We used to be avid hikers (not so much any more), are in our 60's. I thought an easy walk/hike through a park, forest, etc. would be nice, but not ready yet for a strenuous hike. We like farmers markets, some shopping, history, beautiful scenery. My husband loves beer, so perhaps a brewery. We would be going in May, around the 17th, I think.
The other possibility is Stowe. Am open to any and all suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 2 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 3 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 4 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 5 Northwest Car Trip
- 6 HELP DESK LINE Yahoo MAIL techn** support TOLL FREE no*☛☎1800*540*6830☛☎
- 7 HELPLINE*Yahoo technical support phn no*☛☎1800*540*6830☛☎
- 8 Error Yahoo technical support phn no*☛☎1800*540*6830☛☎
- 9 ANY ISSUSE CONTACT TOLL FREE NO☛☎18005406830 ☛☎ TECH SUPPORT
- 10 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 11 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 12 Northwest Passage
- 13 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 14 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 15 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 16 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 17 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 18 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 19 Sonoma
- 20 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 21 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 22 Alaska cruise
- 23 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 24 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 25 101 closure