My daughter and I are planning a weekend getaway (one night) for my husband to celebrate his retirement. He does not like big parties and loves weekend trips so we thought this would be better than a surprise party. We love Vermont, & haven't been in awhile. In the past we haved stayed in Dorset, VT (near Manchester), and have stayed in Woodstock. So we are looking for a different location this trip.
What are your opinions of Montpelier? Is there enough to keep us occupied for two days? We used to be avid hikers (not so much any more), are in our 60's. I thought an easy walk/hike through a park, forest, etc. would be nice, but not ready yet for a strenuous hike. We like farmers markets, some shopping, history, beautiful scenery. My husband loves beer, so perhaps a brewery. We would be going in May, around the 17th, I think.
The other possibility is Stowe. Am open to any and all suggestions.
Where to stay in Vermont for weekend trip?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 culpepper
- 2 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 3 moving to florida
- 4 Mesa Verde
- 5 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 6 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 7 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 8 Alaska railroad?
- 9 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 10 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 11 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 12 Itinerary opinions
- 13 Calgary to Banff
- 14 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 15 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2
- 16 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 17 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 18 Drive San Francisco to Yosemite - out of practice driving!
- 19 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 20 Exploring Los Angeles with Tom (but not maitaitom)
- 21 Our perfect day in Key West
- 22 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 23 2 weeks in Alaska
- 24 Pub with food in Seattle
- 25 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question