My daughter and I are planning a weekend getaway (one night) for my husband to celebrate his retirement. He does not like big parties and loves weekend trips so we thought this would be better than a surprise party. We love Vermont, & haven't been in awhile. In the past we haved stayed in Dorset, VT (near Manchester), and have stayed in Woodstock. So we are looking for a different location this trip.
What are your opinions of Montpelier? Is there enough to keep us occupied for two days? We used to be avid hikers (not so much any more), are in our 60's. I thought an easy walk/hike through a park, forest, etc. would be nice, but not ready yet for a strenuous hike. We like farmers markets, some shopping, history, beautiful scenery. My husband loves beer, so perhaps a brewery. We would be going in May, around the 17th, I think.
The other possibility is Stowe. Am open to any and all suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii wedding
- 2 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 3 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 4 Oregon Coast question
- 5 California road trip
- 6 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 7 Blackwater Falls State Park Lodge vs. Canaan Valley Resort
- 8 Oregon Coast with 1, 4 and 6, year old
- 9 Used point to reserve room now a friend wants to stay for free
- 10 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 11 Self-Guided Walking Tours For Savannah and Charleston
- 12 Moving to Montana
- 13 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 14 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 15 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 16 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 17 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 18 Savanah GA
- 19 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 20 Florida with a 2 year old
- 21 traveling I 70 across Colorado
- 22 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 23 Colorado itinerary
- 24 West Virginia -the 49th state!
- 25 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin