My daughter and I are planning a weekend getaway (one night) for my husband to celebrate his retirement. He does not like big parties and loves weekend trips so we thought this would be better than a surprise party. We love Vermont, & haven't been in awhile. In the past we haved stayed in Dorset, VT (near Manchester), and have stayed in Woodstock. So we are looking for a different location this trip.
What are your opinions of Montpelier? Is there enough to keep us occupied for two days? We used to be avid hikers (not so much any more), are in our 60's. I thought an easy walk/hike through a park, forest, etc. would be nice, but not ready yet for a strenuous hike. We like farmers markets, some shopping, history, beautiful scenery. My husband loves beer, so perhaps a brewery. We would be going in May, around the 17th, I think.
The other possibility is Stowe. Am open to any and all suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 White Christmas
- 2 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 3 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 4 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 5 New York City
- 6 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 7 Driving from Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley in December?
- 8 Relocating to the Deep South
- 9 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 10 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 11 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 12 Late Feb/Early March honeymoon: Maui, Kauai, or other?
- 13 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 14 Arlington funeral plans
- 15 destin resorts
- 16 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 17 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 18 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 19 NOLA Trip Report, October 2015
- 20 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 21 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 22 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 23 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 24 Nashville Weekend Bachelorette Trip
- 25 California road trip - oneway or round trip