My daughter and I are planning a weekend getaway (one night) for my husband to celebrate his retirement. He does not like big parties and loves weekend trips so we thought this would be better than a surprise party. We love Vermont, & haven't been in awhile. In the past we haved stayed in Dorset, VT (near Manchester), and have stayed in Woodstock. So we are looking for a different location this trip.
What are your opinions of Montpelier? Is there enough to keep us occupied for two days? We used to be avid hikers (not so much any more), are in our 60's. I thought an easy walk/hike through a park, forest, etc. would be nice, but not ready yet for a strenuous hike. We like farmers markets, some shopping, history, beautiful scenery. My husband loves beer, so perhaps a brewery. We would be going in May, around the 17th, I think.
The other possibility is Stowe. Am open to any and all suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 2 Wedding gifts?
- 3 First Trip to New Mexico
- 4 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW
- 5 Seattle?
- 6 united airlines flight reservations number 1844 922 7448 travel now
- 7 Where to Stay Northern New Mexico in November
- 8 Other Manhattan Hotels
- 9 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 10 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 11 November redwoods trip
- 12 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 13 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 14 costco Big island
- 15 Layover
- 16 Washington DC to Niagara Falls
- 17 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 18 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 19 Luxury Mountain Resort in PA or WV for sightseeing
- 20 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 21 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 22 20th Anniversary NYC Fringe Festival
- 23 Charleston - how long to stay?
- 24 Florida couples first trip to Maine
- 25 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla