My daughter and I are planning a weekend getaway (one night) for my husband to celebrate his retirement. He does not like big parties and loves weekend trips so we thought this would be better than a surprise party. We love Vermont, & haven't been in awhile. In the past we haved stayed in Dorset, VT (near Manchester), and have stayed in Woodstock. So we are looking for a different location this trip.
What are your opinions of Montpelier? Is there enough to keep us occupied for two days? We used to be avid hikers (not so much any more), are in our 60's. I thought an easy walk/hike through a park, forest, etc. would be nice, but not ready yet for a strenuous hike. We like farmers markets, some shopping, history, beautiful scenery. My husband loves beer, so perhaps a brewery. We would be going in May, around the 17th, I think.
The other possibility is Stowe. Am open to any and all suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First Trip to Texas -
- 2 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 3 Transport LGA to Grand Central
- 4 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 5 Las Vegas and Area - Nature and Hiking
- 6 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 7 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 8 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 9 What to do in San Diego
- 10 Our Boston Getaway
- 11 http://www.getsunergetics.com/elysian-natural-daily-revitalizer/
- 12 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 13 Accomodation in NYC under USD150/
- 14 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 15 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 16 Another great trip to 4 Corners area
- 17 40th in Key West
- 18 What to do in New York?
- 19 When do school start again in August?
- 20 Havasu Falls/Grand Canyon Hike
- 21 Disney for Florida residents
- 22 Yosemite
- 23 DNA test re: ancestry - had it done?
- 24 Summer Vaca Destination for families driving from Michigan and Georgia?
- 25 California + Las Vegas & Grand Canyon for 12-15 Day Trip in May