We're from london, England, age (young) 37 year olds.
Next year we're celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary so decided to leave the kids at home with the grandparents and enjoy some 'us' time.
We are stuck between the Bellagio, Caesers palace and the cosmopolitan. Have read mixed reviews on all three (especially cosmopolitan) on trip advisor.
Obviously we don't get away too often without the kids, and to go to vegas for us is not as cheap as people living in the USA, so we need to know we are staying at the right place for us.
We want opulence, glitzy in your face vegas, but also don't want the hotel running alive with 20-30 year olds hell bent on drinking as much as they can, although we both love a drink and the occasional dance in a club.
I also want a hotel that has tea and coffee making facilities in the room (you know what us English are like about our morning tea...lol) and a refrigerator to store milk in would be nice.
I would also like umbrellas around the pool area as temperatures are very high in may/june.
If any of you could help with my decision it would be much appreciated.
where to stay in vegas for a couple from England
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 2 4 week family trip ideas
- 3 Dining in Manhattan
- 4 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 5 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 6 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 7 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 8 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 9 From Seattle airport to the city
- 10 General Utah planning questions
- 11 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 12 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 13 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 14 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 15 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 16 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 17 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 18 New York City Christmas Trip
- 19 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 20 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 21 Colorado Skiing
- 22 American Honeymoon in March
- 23 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 24 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 25 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area