We're from london, England, age (young) 37 year olds.
Next year we're celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary so decided to leave the kids at home with the grandparents and enjoy some 'us' time.
We are stuck between the Bellagio, Caesers palace and the cosmopolitan. Have read mixed reviews on all three (especially cosmopolitan) on trip advisor.
Obviously we don't get away too often without the kids, and to go to vegas for us is not as cheap as people living in the USA, so we need to know we are staying at the right place for us.
We want opulence, glitzy in your face vegas, but also don't want the hotel running alive with 20-30 year olds hell bent on drinking as much as they can, although we both love a drink and the occasional dance in a club.
I also want a hotel that has tea and coffee making facilities in the room (you know what us English are like about our morning tea...lol) and a refrigerator to store milk in would be nice.
I would also like umbrellas around the pool area as temperatures are very high in may/june.
If any of you could help with my decision it would be much appreciated.
where to stay in vegas for a couple from England
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 2 yk & family 4-day trip to Portland, Maine; July 2014
- 3 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 4 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 5 Family friendly restaurants in Bodega Bay?
- 6 Drive Seattle to Las Vegas
- 7 Denver, Colorado, local's advice: Bistrot Vendome or other?
- 8 Oregon Wildfire Reports
- 9 Cape Cod trip report
- 10 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 11 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 12 Road Trip SW
- 13 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 14 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 15 Yellowstone/Badlands trip, family of five, revised itinerary, June 2015
- 16 moving to florida
- 17 New Englandly: a Bit of Time in Massachusetts and Maine
- 18 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 19 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 20 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 21 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 22 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 23 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 24 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 25 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)