I would really appreciate some advice on where to stay in Maui. My wife and I are planning on making a trip to Maui this July for our 1 year anniversary. I am currently considering Wailea vs. Kaanapali vs Kapalua.
My only concerns are that I hear Kapalua & Kaanapali can be very windy. Is this true even during July? Also, I hear that Wailea does not really have much of a night scene or local culture (local restaurants, bars, etc).
I'm basically looking for a nice area with more activities / local flare / restaurants and nice weather. Ideally, I would like to be able to go out to a local restaurant, have a nice dinner and be able to stroll along the street at night and walk into some open shops (similar to Waikiki).
Do any of the areas I am considering have this characteristic and should I be concerned with the weather in July in any of these areas?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 2 Pet Friendly accommodations midway
- 3 Renting an RV to Tour NM
- 4 Retiring to Tucson
- 5 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 6 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 7 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 8 Favorite lodging near Acadia NP? Maine in October?
- 9 Help Please - NYC Questions and Plans
- 10 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 11 Hotel in Reno
- 12 winter resort offering snowshoeing dog sledding & boat trip
- 13 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 14 Looking for informaation on Joshua Tree
- 15 Summer Vacation Ideas
- 16 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 17 A nice restuarnt in Charlottesville, VA for bridesmaids luncheon?
- 18 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 19 http://skincaremarkets.com/brainup-iq/
- 20 Utah National Parks visit
- 21 10 days vacation in California
- 22 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 23 Plan a trip for me! 3 kids 5 and under, SW airlines out of MKE
- 24 roadtrip sfo - seattle
- 25 Chicago to Portland drive March 1