I would really appreciate some advice on where to stay in Maui. My wife and I are planning on making a trip to Maui this July for our 1 year anniversary. I am currently considering Wailea vs. Kaanapali vs Kapalua.
My only concerns are that I hear Kapalua & Kaanapali can be very windy. Is this true even during July? Also, I hear that Wailea does not really have much of a night scene or local culture (local restaurants, bars, etc).
I'm basically looking for a nice area with more activities / local flare / restaurants and nice weather. Ideally, I would like to be able to go out to a local restaurant, have a nice dinner and be able to stroll along the street at night and walk into some open shops (similar to Waikiki).
Do any of the areas I am considering have this characteristic and should I be concerned with the weather in July in any of these areas?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 2 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 3 L.A. and Sequoia
- 4 Favorites in North/South Carolina/Georgia? Help please!
- 5 Maine weather and temps
- 6 Not enough time, i guess..
- 7 Broadway
- 8 Week motorcycle ride
- 9 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 10 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 11 Moving to New York City, Where can i find a good place?
- 12 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 13 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 14 Traveling across the US
- 15 Great Smoky Mountains National Park Trip Report
- 16 West Virginia -the 49th state!
- 17 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....
- 18 less than 1.5 hours international connection at DFW too risky?
- 19 Will need to freshen up in Charelston
- 20 San diego 5 nights with kids/disabled father
- 21 4 Days in Juneau?
- 22 South Dakota "base camp"
- 23 Colorado Family whitewater rafting
- 24 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 25 Hawaii with 2 young teens