I would really appreciate some advice on where to stay in Maui. My wife and I are planning on making a trip to Maui this July for our 1 year anniversary. I am currently considering Wailea vs. Kaanapali vs Kapalua.
My only concerns are that I hear Kapalua & Kaanapali can be very windy. Is this true even during July? Also, I hear that Wailea does not really have much of a night scene or local culture (local restaurants, bars, etc).
I'm basically looking for a nice area with more activities / local flare / restaurants and nice weather. Ideally, I would like to be able to go out to a local restaurant, have a nice dinner and be able to stroll along the street at night and walk into some open shops (similar to Waikiki).
Do any of the areas I am considering have this characteristic and should I be concerned with the weather in July in any of these areas?
Where to stay in Maui
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vegas hotels for families
- 2 best area to stay in san diego
- 3 3 star hotels in manhattan
- 4 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 5 San Francisco - mid October
- 6 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 7 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 8 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 9 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 10 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 11 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 12 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 13 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 14 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 15 Denver 1 day in denver
- 16 Vegas Hotels-NY,NY, MIrage, Vdara
- 17 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 18 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 19 Burlington VT day trip
- 20 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 21 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 22 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 23 Need help planning trip to Atlanta, Alabama and then New Orleans
- 24 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 25 Keeping Hip-Chic At Bay: Seattle and A Couple Points South