I'll be in Kauai for 9 days right after Thanksgiving and the first week of December. I'll be staying on the South Shore at the Grand Hyatt for 1 week for conference. But where to stay (which part of the island and any recommended lodgings) the weekend before and after my conference?
We've been to Kauai once before, and this time would like to do the following:
* Sail the Na Pali Coast and possibly snorkel there.
Do boats leave from the West Side of the island? Should we stay somewhere over there on Friday night and catch the boat the next morning? Which town? Any recommended hotels that are under $130 a nite?
* Do hiking on the West Side. Besides Waimea Canyon, anything else very scenic and doable as a day hike on that side of the island? Read about some hike where you can look down the valley at the end of Na Pali coast trail. Is it difficult to get there?
* We like the North Shore too, but afraid it will be too rainy in early December? Should we spend a night or 2 up there? To hike Na Pali coast trail (just the short portion), and check out the beaches up north? Possible to snorkel there in December?
* How about staying on the East Side? We're thinking of doing a zipline. Which company? We want something adventurous with great scenery.
* Possible to hike or go near the center of Kauai? We already did the helicopter tour last time.
Appreciate your advice and any recommendations for activities (preferably less known since I think we've done the highlights on our last trip) and definitely food!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 AOL Error Configuration CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681:7208 AOL Technical HELPLINE
- 2 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 3 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 4 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 5 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 6 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 7 Big Sur Help!!
- 8 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 9 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 10 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 11 Rules of the NY Subway
- 12 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 13 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 14 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 15 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 16 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 17 Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
- 18 Montana, Wyoming ideas including beartooth highway and little big hotn
- 19 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 20 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 21 Las Vegas trip report
- 22 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 23 10 Days in Maine
- 24 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 25 Big Island - Best Way to See Lava and Waterfalls?