I'll be in Kauai for 9 days right after Thanksgiving and the first week of December. I'll be staying on the South Shore at the Grand Hyatt for 1 week for conference. But where to stay (which part of the island and any recommended lodgings) the weekend before and after my conference?
We've been to Kauai once before, and this time would like to do the following:
* Sail the Na Pali Coast and possibly snorkel there.
Do boats leave from the West Side of the island? Should we stay somewhere over there on Friday night and catch the boat the next morning? Which town? Any recommended hotels that are under $130 a nite?
* Do hiking on the West Side. Besides Waimea Canyon, anything else very scenic and doable as a day hike on that side of the island? Read about some hike where you can look down the valley at the end of Na Pali coast trail. Is it difficult to get there?
* We like the North Shore too, but afraid it will be too rainy in early December? Should we spend a night or 2 up there? To hike Na Pali coast trail (just the short portion), and check out the beaches up north? Possible to snorkel there in December?
* How about staying on the East Side? We're thinking of doing a zipline. Which company? We want something adventurous with great scenery.
* Possible to hike or go near the center of Kauai? We already did the helicopter tour last time.
Appreciate your advice and any recommendations for activities (preferably less known since I think we've done the highlights on our last trip) and definitely food!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://bellasvish.com/jolie-derme/
- 2 Local Movers Charlotte NC : Cheap Moving Company
- 3 New England Tour
- 4 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 5 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 6 help me plan a Cali trip
- 7 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 8 Colorado Shows Off
- 9 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 10 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 11 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 12 Trip to San Francisco in Dec 2017
- 13 Wilmington DE questions
- 14 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 15 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 16 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 17 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 18 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 19 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?
- 20 Muir Woods in October
- 21 Dining after show at Sondheim Theatre
- 22 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 23 Southern California Sand Dunes - Oceano Dunes
- 24 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 25 Mesa Verde question