I'll be in Kauai for 9 days right after Thanksgiving and the first week of December. I'll be staying on the South Shore at the Grand Hyatt for 1 week for conference. But where to stay (which part of the island and any recommended lodgings) the weekend before and after my conference?
We've been to Kauai once before, and this time would like to do the following:
* Sail the Na Pali Coast and possibly snorkel there.
Do boats leave from the West Side of the island? Should we stay somewhere over there on Friday night and catch the boat the next morning? Which town? Any recommended hotels that are under $130 a nite?
* Do hiking on the West Side. Besides Waimea Canyon, anything else very scenic and doable as a day hike on that side of the island? Read about some hike where you can look down the valley at the end of Na Pali coast trail. Is it difficult to get there?
* We like the North Shore too, but afraid it will be too rainy in early December? Should we spend a night or 2 up there? To hike Na Pali coast trail (just the short portion), and check out the beaches up north? Possible to snorkel there in December?
* How about staying on the East Side? We're thinking of doing a zipline. Which company? We want something adventurous with great scenery.
* Possible to hike or go near the center of Kauai? We already did the helicopter tour last time.
Appreciate your advice and any recommendations for activities (preferably less known since I think we've done the highlights on our last trip) and definitely food!
Where to stay in Kauai in December?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 2 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 3 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 4 Boston/Fenway park
- 5 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 6 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 7 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 8 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 9 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas
- 10 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 11 Where to go in Maine?
- 12 Magnificient, Marvelous Montana!
- 13 Timeshare Nightmares
- 14 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 15 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 16 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 17 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 18 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 19 Sacramento GTG
- 20 Travel West Coast
- 21 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 22 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 23 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 24 Dauphin Island, AL
- 25 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall