Me and my wife are going on a 10 day road trip, from Marietta, GA, to New Orleans, LA. We'll stay there for the NOLA Jazz Fest until april 29th or 30th. Then we'll go to Memphis, TN and I still don't know if we'll stay there for 1 or 2 days. The thing is that, after Memphis, we HAVE TO go to Washington DC, and the drive time is about 13 hours or more. Even switching with her for driving, would take us, at least, 7 hours for each of us to get there. I mean, I think is too much.
So, the plan is: we have to find a stop in the way from Memphis to DC where we can spend the night, rest a little and give it a look. I just don't know where. I was thinking Nashville, but it would only cut us 3 or 2 hours from the 13 hour drive.
So, any ideas?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New orleans recs for family
- 2 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 3 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 4 Steamboat Springs, CO
- 5 OMG
- 6 My Colorado trip ?'s (June)
- 7 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 8 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 9 Florida beach vacation
- 10 Florida keys trip
- 11 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 12 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July
- 13 Hawaii Help
- 14 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 15 2 days in Vermont, Green Mountain area
- 16 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 17 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 18 HAWAII; HELP!
- 19 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 20 San Francisco to San Diego Road Trip with little kids
- 21 Coffee in Boston?
- 22 Palm Springs restaurant suggestions.
- 23 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119141330
- 24 Change planes in Atlanta
- 25 LAX Time Between Terminals