Me and my wife are going on a 10 day road trip, from Marietta, GA, to New Orleans, LA. We'll stay there for the NOLA Jazz Fest until april 29th or 30th. Then we'll go to Memphis, TN and I still don't know if we'll stay there for 1 or 2 days. The thing is that, after Memphis, we HAVE TO go to Washington DC, and the drive time is about 13 hours or more. Even switching with her for driving, would take us, at least, 7 hours for each of us to get there. I mean, I think is too much.
So, the plan is: we have to find a stop in the way from Memphis to DC where we can spend the night, rest a little and give it a look. I just don't know where. I was thinking Nashville, but it would only cut us 3 or 2 hours from the 13 hour drive.
So, any ideas?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 2 Miami
- 3 March in New Mexico
- 4 San Francisco/Northern California Trip
- 5 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 6 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 7 Transportation suggestions from Charleston Executive Airport
- 8 Suggestions for beach towns on FL west coast?
- 9 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 10 NYC Limo rental services quest
- 11 Weegee...you can't be a 'nice Nellie' and do street photography
- 12 Oregon or California to Nebraska
- 13 Driving Alaska
- 14 Back from the Big Easy
- 15 Border crossing
- 16 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 17 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 18 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 19 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 20 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 21 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 22 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 23 Cross country tips
- 24 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 25 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?