Me and my wife are going on a 10 day road trip, from Marietta, GA, to New Orleans, LA. We'll stay there for the NOLA Jazz Fest until april 29th or 30th. Then we'll go to Memphis, TN and I still don't know if we'll stay there for 1 or 2 days. The thing is that, after Memphis, we HAVE TO go to Washington DC, and the drive time is about 13 hours or more. Even switching with her for driving, would take us, at least, 7 hours for each of us to get there. I mean, I think is too much.
So, the plan is: we have to find a stop in the way from Memphis to DC where we can spend the night, rest a little and give it a look. I just don't know where. I was thinking Nashville, but it would only cut us 3 or 2 hours from the 13 hour drive.
So, any ideas?
Where to stay from Memphis to Washington DC
- 1 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 2 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 3 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 4 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 5 Question about Boulder area
- 6 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 7 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 8 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 9 Christmas Holidays in Arizona
- 10 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 11 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 12 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 13 Vero Beach FL
- 14 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 15 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 16 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 17 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 18 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 19 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 20 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 21 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 22 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 23 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 24 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 25 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.