Me and my wife are going on a 10 day road trip, from Marietta, GA, to New Orleans, LA. We'll stay there for the NOLA Jazz Fest until april 29th or 30th. Then we'll go to Memphis, TN and I still don't know if we'll stay there for 1 or 2 days. The thing is that, after Memphis, we HAVE TO go to Washington DC, and the drive time is about 13 hours or more. Even switching with her for driving, would take us, at least, 7 hours for each of us to get there. I mean, I think is too much.
So, the plan is: we have to find a stop in the way from Memphis to DC where we can spend the night, rest a little and give it a look. I just don't know where. I was thinking Nashville, but it would only cut us 3 or 2 hours from the 13 hour drive.
So, any ideas?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 TIPS - Pacific Coast Highway
- 2 California trip: Where to go after San Francisco?
- 3 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 4 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 5 3 day road trip from Las Vegas -Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion
- 6 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 7 Northern California Redwoods
- 8 Seaside, California
- 9 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 10 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 11 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 12 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 13 Denali
- 14 JFK Terminal 8
- 15 Off-season use of a car on Zion Scenic Drive
- 16 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 17 washington-blueridge parkway-myrtle beach
- 18 Maine in May?
- 19 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 20 Dinner Cruise down San Antonio River?
- 21 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 22 NYC Discounted Metropolitan Opera Tickets
- 23 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 24 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 25 Bed and Breakfast