Me and my wife are going on a 10 day road trip, from Marietta, GA, to New Orleans, LA. We'll stay there for the NOLA Jazz Fest until april 29th or 30th. Then we'll go to Memphis, TN and I still don't know if we'll stay there for 1 or 2 days. The thing is that, after Memphis, we HAVE TO go to Washington DC, and the drive time is about 13 hours or more. Even switching with her for driving, would take us, at least, 7 hours for each of us to get there. I mean, I think is too much.
So, the plan is: we have to find a stop in the way from Memphis to DC where we can spend the night, rest a little and give it a look. I just don't know where. I was thinking Nashville, but it would only cut us 3 or 2 hours from the 13 hour drive.
So, any ideas?
Where to stay from Memphis to Washington DC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 2 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 3 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 4 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 5 San Diego parks and attractions
- 6 Door County Suggestions
- 7 First family ski trip
- 8 Visiting Denver
- 9 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 10 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 11 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 12 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 13 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 14 NYC theatre broadway
- 15 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 16 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 17 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 18 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 19 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 20 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 21 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 22 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 23 Visiting Denver
- 24 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 25 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.