Me and my wife are going on a 10 day road trip, from Marietta, GA, to New Orleans, LA. We'll stay there for the NOLA Jazz Fest until april 29th or 30th. Then we'll go to Memphis, TN and I still don't know if we'll stay there for 1 or 2 days. The thing is that, after Memphis, we HAVE TO go to Washington DC, and the drive time is about 13 hours or more. Even switching with her for driving, would take us, at least, 7 hours for each of us to get there. I mean, I think is too much.
So, the plan is: we have to find a stop in the way from Memphis to DC where we can spend the night, rest a little and give it a look. I just don't know where. I was thinking Nashville, but it would only cut us 3 or 2 hours from the 13 hour drive.
So, any ideas?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 2 Western National Parks Road Trip (Revised)
- 3 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 4 California Road Trip: SFO-Mount Shasta-Monterey (10 days)
- 5 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 6 Western National Parks Road Trip
- 7 A June trip to Kauai
- 8 Los Angeles - 12 hours in Downtown Travel Report
- 9 Need advice about Toms River/Seaside Heights NJ
- 10 Your favourite places in New York City
- 11 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 12 Seattle to Gardiner by car.
- 13 2 days in DC with 18 year old
- 14 Mystic CT
- 15 Orlando - condoleances
- 16 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 17 1st trip to Colorado
- 18 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 19 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 20 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 21 Napa Valley Hotel
- 22 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 23 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 24 Yellowstone Lake Scenic Cruise
- 25 Good cheap eats in/near San Francisco, including coffee