Me and my wife are going on a 10 day road trip, from Marietta, GA, to New Orleans, LA. We'll stay there for the NOLA Jazz Fest until april 29th or 30th. Then we'll go to Memphis, TN and I still don't know if we'll stay there for 1 or 2 days. The thing is that, after Memphis, we HAVE TO go to Washington DC, and the drive time is about 13 hours or more. Even switching with her for driving, would take us, at least, 7 hours for each of us to get there. I mean, I think is too much.
So, the plan is: we have to find a stop in the way from Memphis to DC where we can spend the night, rest a little and give it a look. I just don't know where. I was thinking Nashville, but it would only cut us 3 or 2 hours from the 13 hour drive.
So, any ideas?
Where to stay from Memphis to Washington DC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 2 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 3 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 4 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 5 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 6 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 7 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 8 Brooklyn why?
- 9 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 10 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 11 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 12 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 13 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 14 Kennedy Space Center
- 15 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 16 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 17 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 18 5 week in US/Mexico
- 19 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 20 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 21 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 22 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 23 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 24 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 25 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014