Me and my wife are going on a 10 day road trip, from Marietta, GA, to New Orleans, LA. We'll stay there for the NOLA Jazz Fest until april 29th or 30th. Then we'll go to Memphis, TN and I still don't know if we'll stay there for 1 or 2 days. The thing is that, after Memphis, we HAVE TO go to Washington DC, and the drive time is about 13 hours or more. Even switching with her for driving, would take us, at least, 7 hours for each of us to get there. I mean, I think is too much.
So, the plan is: we have to find a stop in the way from Memphis to DC where we can spend the night, rest a little and give it a look. I just don't know where. I was thinking Nashville, but it would only cut us 3 or 2 hours from the 13 hour drive.
So, any ideas?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel Choice Chicago: Loop or Magnificent Mile?
- 2 Tioga Pass opening this week!
- 3 Road trip advice needed please
- 4 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 5 Is this too Ambitious? Utah parks & Grand Canyon
- 6 florida gulf coast
- 7 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 8 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 9 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 10 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 11 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 12 New Jersey Shore - Neptune
- 13 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 14 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 15 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 16 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 17 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 18 Family Trip advice please?!
- 19 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 20 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 21 Nevada and California: Vegas/SF/Monterey
- 22 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 23 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 24 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 25 Big Island and Kauai questions