Me and my wife are going on a 10 day road trip, from Marietta, GA, to New Orleans, LA. We'll stay there for the NOLA Jazz Fest until april 29th or 30th. Then we'll go to Memphis, TN and I still don't know if we'll stay there for 1 or 2 days. The thing is that, after Memphis, we HAVE TO go to Washington DC, and the drive time is about 13 hours or more. Even switching with her for driving, would take us, at least, 7 hours for each of us to get there. I mean, I think is too much.
So, the plan is: we have to find a stop in the way from Memphis to DC where we can spend the night, rest a little and give it a look. I just don't know where. I was thinking Nashville, but it would only cut us 3 or 2 hours from the 13 hour drive.
So, any ideas?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 2 Big Sure in June
- 3 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 4 Carmel Monterey
- 5 SD card usage in multiple devices and formatting
- 6 How many states have you been to?
- 7 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 8 Santa Fe Itineray
- 9 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 10 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 11 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 12 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 13 Roadtrip July 2017
- 14 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 15 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 16 Yellowstone, Itinerary before
- 17 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 18 Retiring to Tucson
- 19 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 20 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 21 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 22 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 23 Arches Devils Garden
- 24 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 25 RV camping near Yosemite NP