Me and my wife are going on a 10 day road trip, from Marietta, GA, to New Orleans, LA. We'll stay there for the NOLA Jazz Fest until april 29th or 30th. Then we'll go to Memphis, TN and I still don't know if we'll stay there for 1 or 2 days. The thing is that, after Memphis, we HAVE TO go to Washington DC, and the drive time is about 13 hours or more. Even switching with her for driving, would take us, at least, 7 hours for each of us to get there. I mean, I think is too much.
So, the plan is: we have to find a stop in the way from Memphis to DC where we can spend the night, rest a little and give it a look. I just don't know where. I was thinking Nashville, but it would only cut us 3 or 2 hours from the 13 hour drive.
So, any ideas?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana and South Dakota Trip Report
- 2 Ideas needed for fall road trip Boston - Montreal
- 3 Yellowstone National Park in 5 days - NEED HELP
- 4 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 5 Dollar to Euro Exchange
- 6 inspire me after landing in Miami
- 7 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 8 Airbnb seattle
- 9 los angeles to redwood national park overnight stop
- 10 Restaurant Recommendations for Queens/Brooklyn/Williamsburgl
- 11 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 12 Self parking hotel in Philly
- 13 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 14 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 15 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 16 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 17 Dallas airport to bush library
- 18 Going from Friday Harbor, San Juan Island to Lake Crescent
- 19 Northern California Gardens.
- 20 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 21 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 22 Trip Report - Quick Trip to Hyannis - August 2017
- 23 Badlands - Mt. Rushmore -- central place to stay for a few days?
- 24 Arches or Zion?
- 25 (Healing?) Retreat in Sedona, Az?