Going with our 2 college boys to Hawaii in mid July. We all went about 10 years ago, and they chose to go now, as they were too young to go to Mauna Kea summit last trip and we loved seeing the lava flow. As we did then, we're flying in and out of Kona, and driving toward Hilo. Haven't mapped out the trip yet, (can't find my trip notes) but we'll figure out the stops to make along the way. In the past we stayed 1 or 2 nights in Hilo, and 1 night at Volcano House. Thought maybe first night in Hilo and find a recommended rental near Volcano Village 2 nights? Then drive to Waikola Marriot - after much review, we're content to spend 5 nights there again. Does this make sense? And looking for recommendations. They're opposed to any tours. Thanks
where to stay 3 days Hilo/Volcano area
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 One Night at Logan Airport
- 2 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 3 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 4 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 5 Four days in DC
- 6 Please help with itinerary
- 7 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 8 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 9 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 10 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 11 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 12 Backpacking in April
- 13 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 14 Circle Oahu / luau
- 15 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 16 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 17 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 18 "Off the beaten path" road trip from Vail, CO
- 19 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 20 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 21 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 22 replica designer handbags
- 23 First family ski trip
- 24 San Diego parks and attractions
- 25 Cape Cod in early April