Going with our 2 college boys to Hawaii in mid July. We all went about 10 years ago, and they chose to go now, as they were too young to go to Mauna Kea summit last trip and we loved seeing the lava flow. As we did then, we're flying in and out of Kona, and driving toward Hilo. Haven't mapped out the trip yet, (can't find my trip notes) but we'll figure out the stops to make along the way. In the past we stayed 1 or 2 nights in Hilo, and 1 night at Volcano House. Thought maybe first night in Hilo and find a recommended rental near Volcano Village 2 nights? Then drive to Waikola Marriot - after much review, we're content to spend 5 nights there again. Does this make sense? And looking for recommendations. They're opposed to any tours. Thanks
where to stay 3 days Hilo/Volcano area
View all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel near Public Theater
- 2 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 3 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 4 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 5 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 6 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 7 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 8 San Antonio
- 9 hotel near Met NYC
- 10 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 11 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 12 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 13 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 14 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 15 Oahu Information
- 16 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 17 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 18 Warm and don't Drive
- 19 driving route to disneyland, Anaheim
- 20 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 21 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 22 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 23 One day in Washington DC
- 24 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 25 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?