Going with our 2 college boys to Hawaii in mid July. We all went about 10 years ago, and they chose to go now, as they were too young to go to Mauna Kea summit last trip and we loved seeing the lava flow. As we did then, we're flying in and out of Kona, and driving toward Hilo. Haven't mapped out the trip yet, (can't find my trip notes) but we'll figure out the stops to make along the way. In the past we stayed 1 or 2 nights in Hilo, and 1 night at Volcano House. Thought maybe first night in Hilo and find a recommended rental near Volcano Village 2 nights? Then drive to Waikola Marriot - after much review, we're content to spend 5 nights there again. Does this make sense? And looking for recommendations. They're opposed to any tours. Thanks
where to stay 3 days Hilo/Volcano area
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to go in Maine?
- 2 Jersey City Parking
- 3 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 4 rain in Kauai
- 5 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 6 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 9 SF to DR? WTH!
- 10 Kennebunkport and....?
- 11 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 12 NYC Itinerary Help
- 13 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 16 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 17 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 18 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 19 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 20 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 21 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 22 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 23 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 24 Washington, DC to Boston
- 25 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint