My 14-yr old son and I are flying into DC (Dulles) on Dec 17, and we've got exactly 2.5 days to spend at a ski area (assuming no more than 4-hour drive from the airport).
Thanks to a similar post under the DC topic, I saw the listing of area ski resorts on the Washington Post site, which gave me plenty of stats to go on.
We're beginner to intermediate, and just want to have a fun time on the slopes. Night life and shopping not necessary. Right now Canaan and Timberline(WV)and Seven Springs (PA) seem the most intriguing. Wisp does as well since my brother lives nearby. And I see that there are several others that are a bit closer. For our limited time and budget, Snowshoe seems out of the question.
Any comments on these or other suggestions would be much appreciated (esp those who are most likely to have snow!)
Where to ski from DC?
- 1 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 2 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 3 Chicago: Clark & Lake Street Subway Stop
- 4 New York-Texas Road Trip
- 5 Itinerary Ideas for 2nd Trip to NYC ... without kids this time
- 6 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 7 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 8 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 9 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 10 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 11 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 12 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 13 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 14 Dulles Airport to Baltimore hotel
- 15 Michigan Beaches
- 16 Southwest Crawl: Colorado to Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 17 Middlebury vt quickie
- 18 Albuquerque to Denver
- 19 STL Bucket List - College Student
- 20 MOBILE, AL SHORT TRIP REPORT
- 21 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 22 SW Utah
- 23 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 24 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)
- 25 Help Create a Memory in Michigan