I am just starting to plan a long weekend trip for my husband and I so we can see some fall foliage this year. Since we live in Florida I have no idea where is the best state or time to do this. We will probably come up either the end of September or early October 2012 and want just to enjoy the fall beauty. We love staying at B & B's or Inns, no big hotels for us, so we need lots of help. I have gotten great help from Fodor's posters for our 2009 & 2010 trips to Ireland, which were WONDERFUL, so I am counting on you again. Please let me know your experiences and input. THANKS!
Where to See the Best Fall Foliage in Late September, Early October?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 2 Big island itinerary
- 3 Thousand Islands
- 4 Best Destination in USA
- 5 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 6 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 7 Flying from LA to Massachusetts
- 8 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 9 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 10 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 11 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 12 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 13 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 14 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 15 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 16 Grand Teton Romantic Accomdations
- 17 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 18 New York City and New England
- 19 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 20 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 21 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 22 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 23 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 24 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 25 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions