We will be traveling to San Diego for a week (after staying for a week-and-a-half in LA) with our 5 year old twins in August. We want to rent a house or apartment so we can cook meals and save money. We will want to visit Sea World and Balboa Park and possibly the Wild Animal Park and Legoland (we've been to the zoo - this is not our first trip to S.D.).
So, I am wondering where to look for a house/ apartment. It does not need to be a touristy area, and we can't afford anything expensive. We will have our car and will try to eat in a fair amount. But, it would be nice if it wasn't too far from the attractions we plan to visit, and if it was near a good beach. I am not that familiar with San Diego outside of the downtown area, so any advice would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Zion, Bryce, South/North Rim, Page
- 2 Itinerary help for Boston and Islands
- 3 California: San Fran to San Diego
- 4 hotel in NYC
- 5 20 Days Road Trip
- 6 14 Day Itinerary for Alaska in an RV
- 7 prepaid broadband for ipad
- 8 Vannak Taing
- 9 Bar Harbor/Acadia Insight
- 10 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 11 San Diego to San Francisco in 15 days
- 12 5 Days near Denver
- 13 Folger-Shakespeare Library
- 14 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 15 Briefly, in WNY
- 16 Boulder, CO vs Denver, CO
- 17 Denver to Yellowstone
- 18 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 19 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 20 Post-Alaska cruise ideas July, 2018
- 21 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 22 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 23 Southern road trip ideas/reccomendations
- 24 Week in LA & San Francisco
- 25 Road Trip Along Lake Michigan