We will be traveling to San Diego for a week (after staying for a week-and-a-half in LA) with our 5 year old twins in August. We want to rent a house or apartment so we can cook meals and save money. We will want to visit Sea World and Balboa Park and possibly the Wild Animal Park and Legoland (we've been to the zoo - this is not our first trip to S.D.).
So, I am wondering where to look for a house/ apartment. It does not need to be a touristy area, and we can't afford anything expensive. We will have our car and will try to eat in a fair amount. But, it would be nice if it wasn't too far from the attractions we plan to visit, and if it was near a good beach. I am not that familiar with San Diego outside of the downtown area, so any advice would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California Road Trip: SFO-Mount Shasta-Monterey (10 days)
- 2 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 3 Western National Parks Road Trip
- 4 A June trip to Kauai
- 5 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 6 Western National Parks Road Trip (Revised)
- 7 Los Angeles - 12 hours in Downtown Travel Report
- 8 Need advice about Toms River/Seaside Heights NJ
- 9 Your favourite places in New York City
- 10 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 11 Seattle to Gardiner by car.
- 12 2 days in DC with 18 year old
- 13 Mystic CT
- 14 Orlando - condoleances
- 15 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 16 1st trip to Colorado
- 17 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 18 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 19 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 20 Napa Valley Hotel
- 21 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 22 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 23 Yellowstone Lake Scenic Cruise
- 24 Good cheap eats in/near San Francisco, including coffee
- 25 Zion NP & Las Vegas with Kids for 3 days in July - Please Help