We will be traveling to San Diego for a week (after staying for a week-and-a-half in LA) with our 5 year old twins in August. We want to rent a house or apartment so we can cook meals and save money. We will want to visit Sea World and Balboa Park and possibly the Wild Animal Park and Legoland (we've been to the zoo - this is not our first trip to S.D.).
So, I am wondering where to look for a house/ apartment. It does not need to be a touristy area, and we can't afford anything expensive. We will have our car and will try to eat in a fair amount. But, it would be nice if it wasn't too far from the attractions we plan to visit, and if it was near a good beach. I am not that familiar with San Diego outside of the downtown area, so any advice would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 2 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 3 Weather in Chicago
- 4 Las V- Grand C - Lake Tahoe
- 5 Help me with this
- 6 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 7 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 8 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 9 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 10 New Orleans
- 11 7 days in Maine September 23,2017
- 12 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 13 Oregon road trip
- 14 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 15 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 16 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 17 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 18 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 19 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 20 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 21 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 22 Dining in St. Louis
- 23 AR State Parks
- 24 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 25 NYC For The Day