We will be traveling to San Diego for a week (after staying for a week-and-a-half in LA) with our 5 year old twins in August. We want to rent a house or apartment so we can cook meals and save money. We will want to visit Sea World and Balboa Park and possibly the Wild Animal Park and Legoland (we've been to the zoo - this is not our first trip to S.D.).
So, I am wondering where to look for a house/ apartment. It does not need to be a touristy area, and we can't afford anything expensive. We will have our car and will try to eat in a fair amount. But, it would be nice if it wasn't too far from the attractions we plan to visit, and if it was near a good beach. I am not that familiar with San Diego outside of the downtown area, so any advice would be appreciated!
Where to Rent a House in San Diego?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 week in US/Mexico
- 2 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 3 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 4 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 5 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 6 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 7 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 8 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 9 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 10 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 11 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 12 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 13 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 14 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 15 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 16 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 17 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 18 Kennedy Space Center
- 19 Jersey City Parking
- 20 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 21 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 22 Asheville NC without a car
- 23 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 24 Myrtle Beach
- 25 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State