We will be traveling to San Diego for a week (after staying for a week-and-a-half in LA) with our 5 year old twins in August. We want to rent a house or apartment so we can cook meals and save money. We will want to visit Sea World and Balboa Park and possibly the Wild Animal Park and Legoland (we've been to the zoo - this is not our first trip to S.D.).
So, I am wondering where to look for a house/ apartment. It does not need to be a touristy area, and we can't afford anything expensive. We will have our car and will try to eat in a fair amount. But, it would be nice if it wasn't too far from the attractions we plan to visit, and if it was near a good beach. I am not that familiar with San Diego outside of the downtown area, so any advice would be appreciated!
Where to Rent a House in San Diego?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Once I had heard of Spartagenss
- 2 New England September
- 3 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 4 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 5 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 6 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 7 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 8 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 9 Ackislander
- 10 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 11 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 12 Disney Hotel. Which should we book?
- 13 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 14 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 15 Keith Haring Exhibit at the De Young, San Francisco
- 16 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 17 Las Vegas to San Francisco - Kings Canyon or Sequoia National Park?
- 18 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 19 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 20 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 21 Cross Country RV Trip
- 22 Hotels Philly
- 23 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 24 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 25 Car renting - Santa Cruz to Santa Barbara