We will be traveling to San Diego for a week (after staying for a week-and-a-half in LA) with our 5 year old twins in August. We want to rent a house or apartment so we can cook meals and save money. We will want to visit Sea World and Balboa Park and possibly the Wild Animal Park and Legoland (we've been to the zoo - this is not our first trip to S.D.).
So, I am wondering where to look for a house/ apartment. It does not need to be a touristy area, and we can't afford anything expensive. We will have our car and will try to eat in a fair amount. But, it would be nice if it wasn't too far from the attractions we plan to visit, and if it was near a good beach. I am not that familiar with San Diego outside of the downtown area, so any advice would be appreciated!
Where to Rent a House in San Diego?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First family ski trip
- 2 NYC theatre broadway
- 3 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 4 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 5 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 6 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 7 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 8 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 9 new online travel network
- 10 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 11 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 12 USA with a 3 year old
- 13 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 14 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 15 Universal studios/Orlando
- 16 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 17 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 18 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 19 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 20 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 21 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 22 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 23 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 24 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 25 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants