We will be traveling to San Diego for a week (after staying for a week-and-a-half in LA) with our 5 year old twins in August. We want to rent a house or apartment so we can cook meals and save money. We will want to visit Sea World and Balboa Park and possibly the Wild Animal Park and Legoland (we've been to the zoo - this is not our first trip to S.D.).
So, I am wondering where to look for a house/ apartment. It does not need to be a touristy area, and we can't afford anything expensive. We will have our car and will try to eat in a fair amount. But, it would be nice if it wasn't too far from the attractions we plan to visit, and if it was near a good beach. I am not that familiar with San Diego outside of the downtown area, so any advice would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 2 BBQ
- 3 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?
- 4 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 5 New Orleans Streetcars
- 6 San Fran & Napa 5/20/2016 - 5/25/2016
- 7 Anaheim - no car
- 8 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 9 Seattle, Portand, Hood River with kids- short notice
- 10 New York best app
- 11 Plymouth or Cape Code/NEED help
- 12 Hawaii - where?
- 13 Pacific Northwest
- 14 Shenandoah National park
- 15 Parking in NYC staying at Hotel in Times Squar.. Nervous..e
- 16 Florida Nature Trip
- 17 Rental Car Orlando
- 18 Short trip to San Francisco - report and comment
- 19 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 20 San Francisco to San Diego
- 21 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 22 Vacation Ideas With A 2 years old)?
- 23 24 days out west
- 24 Things to do in NYC
- 25 The Most Beautiful Building In Los Angeles? Perhaps The Central Library!