We will be traveling to San Diego for a week (after staying for a week-and-a-half in LA) with our 5 year old twins in August. We want to rent a house or apartment so we can cook meals and save money. We will want to visit Sea World and Balboa Park and possibly the Wild Animal Park and Legoland (we've been to the zoo - this is not our first trip to S.D.).
So, I am wondering where to look for a house/ apartment. It does not need to be a touristy area, and we can't afford anything expensive. We will have our car and will try to eat in a fair amount. But, it would be nice if it wasn't too far from the attractions we plan to visit, and if it was near a good beach. I am not that familiar with San Diego outside of the downtown area, so any advice would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 once in a lifetime
- 2 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 3 Hotels Houston
- 4 Commuting to New Jersey from Manhattan
- 5 Acadia National Park
- 6 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 7 Birthday vacation ideas
- 8 Another Outstanding Los Angeles Restaurant: Officine BRERA
- 9 North California/South Oregon
- 10 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 11 Palm Springs, CA trip advice
- 12 driving RT 66
- 13 Mackinac Island--which is worse-too long or too short?
- 14 Long Weekend in Denver
- 15 Carrie's apartment in NY
- 16 Big Island: Mauna Kea with kids?
- 17 From Newark to Manhattan
- 18 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 19 San Diego - Del vs. Loews Coronado Bay
- 20 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 21 Mini Honeymoon in Philadelphia
- 22 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 23 1st trip to DC - for 2 nights
- 24 Monument Valley
- 25 Sedona lodging