We will be traveling to San Diego for a week (after staying for a week-and-a-half in LA) with our 5 year old twins in August. We want to rent a house or apartment so we can cook meals and save money. We will want to visit Sea World and Balboa Park and possibly the Wild Animal Park and Legoland (we've been to the zoo - this is not our first trip to S.D.).
So, I am wondering where to look for a house/ apartment. It does not need to be a touristy area, and we can't afford anything expensive. We will have our car and will try to eat in a fair amount. But, it would be nice if it wasn't too far from the attractions we plan to visit, and if it was near a good beach. I am not that familiar with San Diego outside of the downtown area, so any advice would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip to Vegas/GC/LA - need advice pleasd
- 2 Zepher to CA from Den or Yellowstone
- 3 Night in Los Cruces or Truth or Consequences
- 4 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW
- 5 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 6 Beer Bar - NYC
- 7 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 8 Los Angeles/Santa Monica -- how many days and where else?
- 9 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 10 First Trip to New Mexico
- 11 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 12 Sacramento GTG Sat Aug 27th
- 13 Seattle?
- 14 November redwoods trip
- 15 Forbes Island Restaurant Question
- 16 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 17 costco Big island
- 18 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 19 Other Manhattan Hotels
- 20 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 21 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 22 Wedding gifts?
- 23 Where to Stay Northern New Mexico in November
- 24 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 25 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging