Good morning all --
My DH and I are belatedly starting to plan the details of our trip to Yellowstone & Grand Tetons, Sept. 19-29. We got all the flights & hotels & rental car squared away in February and then life just got tremendously busy and we stopped thinking about it. Now that the trip is less than 2 months away we are starting to think maybe we should get moving on this ...
We are staying a couple nights at the Old Faithful Inn and have made a reservation in their dining room for dinner one of the nights. But that's all we've got. When we are out hiking, we're mostly pasta/pizza/salad/burger types (I'm a vegetarian so no burgers for me). When we were in Alaska a couple years ago we had an RV so it was easy, obviously, to bring our own supplies for meals & snacks for hiking. How can we do this in Yellowstone/GT? Or should we not plan on this at all and, then -- are there places to eat that we don't really need to make reservations for? Is the best place to pick up fruit/granola bars/whatever in Jackson before setting off? We would love to have a big bag of non-perishable groceries with us. I can imagine that whatever little stores there are in the parks -- and I'm only assuming there are some -- will be super-expensive?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 VERIZON@1+800:982:8520 Password ReSet CONTACT Technical SUPP0RT CaRe
- 2 Transit Advisory - NY Penn Station - Amtrak track work Ju;y 10 thru
- 3 Help with Northwest Trip
- 4 Orlando area weather in June
- 5 Andaman and Nicobar Islands of South India
- 6 1st trip to Maine Need feedback and advice
- 7 Boston Food Tour
- 8 In Reverse Gear in Chicago
- 9 Help - Drive from Olympia, WA to SLC, UT
- 10 "Fitness" vacations
- 11 Help plan my trip please
- 12 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 13 One day for Mt. Rainier
- 14 1st road trip Cincinnati to Beauford, SC
- 15 Brief Savannah Trip--Brief Savannah Trip Report
- 16 Weekend at the Straits of Mackinac
- 17 Oahu condo-Ilikai
- 18 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 19 Miami or New Orleans for 3 days in mid December
- 20 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 21 3 month cheap rent in New York City
- 22 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 23 Fort Smith to Memphis roadtrip.. need advice!
- 24 Ready for Oregon -- tell me about Eugene: hikes and lunch?
- 25 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
Where to pick up groceries/supplies before entering Y-stone/GT
Good morning all --