Good morning all --
My DH and I are belatedly starting to plan the details of our trip to Yellowstone & Grand Tetons, Sept. 19-29. We got all the flights & hotels & rental car squared away in February and then life just got tremendously busy and we stopped thinking about it. Now that the trip is less than 2 months away we are starting to think maybe we should get moving on this ...
We are staying a couple nights at the Old Faithful Inn and have made a reservation in their dining room for dinner one of the nights. But that's all we've got. When we are out hiking, we're mostly pasta/pizza/salad/burger types (I'm a vegetarian so no burgers for me). When we were in Alaska a couple years ago we had an RV so it was easy, obviously, to bring our own supplies for meals & snacks for hiking. How can we do this in Yellowstone/GT? Or should we not plan on this at all and, then -- are there places to eat that we don't really need to make reservations for? Is the best place to pick up fruit/granola bars/whatever in Jackson before setting off? We would love to have a big bag of non-perishable groceries with us. I can imagine that whatever little stores there are in the parks -- and I'm only assuming there are some -- will be super-expensive?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 2 Itinerary Help Needed
- 3 What to pack
- 4 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 5 First time, Best business class?
- 6 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 7 SW Colorado/San Juan Skyway ideas?
- 8 Between Naples and Fort Myers
- 9 Kids Vacation Place
- 10 Desert Southwest
- 11 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 12 If you're in Cleveland for the GOP Convention
- 13 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 14 Boston waterfront Italian
- 15 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 16 US-Canada road trip help
- 17 Cape cod, Vermont and Newyork
- 18 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 19 11 Days in Washington State and northern Oregon: what to do?
- 20 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 21 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 22 Mardi Gras
- 23 Need advice - Charleston girls' weekend
- 24 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 25 Northern California Fall itinerary help
Where to pick up groceries/supplies before entering Y-stone/GT
Good morning all --