Good morning all --
My DH and I are belatedly starting to plan the details of our trip to Yellowstone & Grand Tetons, Sept. 19-29. We got all the flights & hotels & rental car squared away in February and then life just got tremendously busy and we stopped thinking about it. Now that the trip is less than 2 months away we are starting to think maybe we should get moving on this ...
We are staying a couple nights at the Old Faithful Inn and have made a reservation in their dining room for dinner one of the nights. But that's all we've got. When we are out hiking, we're mostly pasta/pizza/salad/burger types (I'm a vegetarian so no burgers for me). When we were in Alaska a couple years ago we had an RV so it was easy, obviously, to bring our own supplies for meals & snacks for hiking. How can we do this in Yellowstone/GT? Or should we not plan on this at all and, then -- are there places to eat that we don't really need to make reservations for? Is the best place to pick up fruit/granola bars/whatever in Jackson before setting off? We would love to have a big bag of non-perishable groceries with us. I can imagine that whatever little stores there are in the parks -- and I'm only assuming there are some -- will be super-expensive?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cape Cod or no?
- 2 Colorado Itinerary
- 3 Barrymore vs Triple George Grill
- 4 B&B recommendation in Carmel
- 5 Accomodations in GNP and beyond
- 6 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 7 Dogs in Taos
- 8 Best place to live in the USA for doctors
- 9 San Antonio, Texas
- 10 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 11 Wyoming and Dakotas National Parks
- 12 Grand Hyatt Kauai-Why Not?
- 13 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 14 Advice for So. CAL travel with 2 teen boys 13 & 15
- 15 Frederick, MD, with dog and teen daughter
- 16 Parking in Naples Florida
- 17 First trip to Colorado -- driving from Tennessee
- 18 Boston Airport Hotels
- 19 Nashville Never Been
- 20 Snow for next Christmas within a day's drive from Florida
- 21 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 22 Uber boston
- 23 Week long trip--Dallas/Austin/SA
- 24 JFK terminal 4 to terminal 8, can we make it?
- 25 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
Where to pick up groceries/supplies before entering Y-stone/GT
Good morning all --