Good morning all --
My DH and I are belatedly starting to plan the details of our trip to Yellowstone & Grand Tetons, Sept. 19-29. We got all the flights & hotels & rental car squared away in February and then life just got tremendously busy and we stopped thinking about it. Now that the trip is less than 2 months away we are starting to think maybe we should get moving on this ...
We are staying a couple nights at the Old Faithful Inn and have made a reservation in their dining room for dinner one of the nights. But that's all we've got. When we are out hiking, we're mostly pasta/pizza/salad/burger types (I'm a vegetarian so no burgers for me). When we were in Alaska a couple years ago we had an RV so it was easy, obviously, to bring our own supplies for meals & snacks for hiking. How can we do this in Yellowstone/GT? Or should we not plan on this at all and, then -- are there places to eat that we don't really need to make reservations for? Is the best place to pick up fruit/granola bars/whatever in Jackson before setting off? We would love to have a big bag of non-perishable groceries with us. I can imagine that whatever little stores there are in the parks -- and I'm only assuming there are some -- will be super-expensive?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Frustrated with VRBO owners
- 2 Biloxi Suggestions
- 3 Live in FL need a road trip suggestion
- 4 Boston, Maine, Nantucket/MV, RI,
- 5 MY BIo
- 6 Pacific beach to la jolla cove and shores
- 7 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 8 Vegas-GC-Page-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 9 Vegetarian options in New Orleans
- 10 Driving from Seattle to San Deigo
- 11 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 12 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 13 Realistic expectations in Yellowstone in July
- 14 Dining at CIA in Hyde Park
- 15 Trip from Anchorage to Homer, AK
- 16 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 17 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 18 Anniversary Getaway in August Where Too?
- 19 New Orleans music
- 20 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 21 What to do with teenagers in Napa and Mendocino
- 22 Las Vegas Show Advice for Beatles Fan
- 23 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 24 Christmas vacation-Maui or Carribean?
- 25 Holman Ranch vineyard tour in Carmel Valley (Monterey County)
Where to pick up groceries/supplies before entering Y-stone/GT
Good morning all --