Good morning all --
My DH and I are belatedly starting to plan the details of our trip to Yellowstone & Grand Tetons, Sept. 19-29. We got all the flights & hotels & rental car squared away in February and then life just got tremendously busy and we stopped thinking about it. Now that the trip is less than 2 months away we are starting to think maybe we should get moving on this ...
We are staying a couple nights at the Old Faithful Inn and have made a reservation in their dining room for dinner one of the nights. But that's all we've got. When we are out hiking, we're mostly pasta/pizza/salad/burger types (I'm a vegetarian so no burgers for me). When we were in Alaska a couple years ago we had an RV so it was easy, obviously, to bring our own supplies for meals & snacks for hiking. How can we do this in Yellowstone/GT? Or should we not plan on this at all and, then -- are there places to eat that we don't really need to make reservations for? Is the best place to pick up fruit/granola bars/whatever in Jackson before setting off? We would love to have a big bag of non-perishable groceries with us. I can imagine that whatever little stores there are in the parks -- and I'm only assuming there are some -- will be super-expensive?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 2 Restaurants close to King's Station?
- 3 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 4 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 5 chicago to hibbing
- 6 Historial/Culture-filled restaurants in Savannah, and Atlanta!
- 7 Luxury Accommodations Motel-Machesney Park, IL, Janesville, WI
- 8 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 9 Oklahoma - Dallas - Houston - New Orleans - Orlando
- 10 San Diego July 2016 - an FYI
- 11 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 12 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 13 Where to stay in Missoula?
- 14 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 15 San Diego
- 16 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 17 Itinerary Critique: BNP/Mt.R/YNP/Jac
- 18 Driving at Night in YNP
- 19 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 20 Restaurant for lunch between Atlanta and Savannah
- 21 Visiting Mount Washington - interesting stops along I-91?
- 22 Pacific coast road trip
- 23 My son's first day in New York
- 24 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 25 Kauai Eats... Recommendations??
Where to pick up groceries/supplies before entering Y-stone/GT
Good morning all --