Good morning all --
My DH and I are belatedly starting to plan the details of our trip to Yellowstone & Grand Tetons, Sept. 19-29. We got all the flights & hotels & rental car squared away in February and then life just got tremendously busy and we stopped thinking about it. Now that the trip is less than 2 months away we are starting to think maybe we should get moving on this ...
We are staying a couple nights at the Old Faithful Inn and have made a reservation in their dining room for dinner one of the nights. But that's all we've got. When we are out hiking, we're mostly pasta/pizza/salad/burger types (I'm a vegetarian so no burgers for me). When we were in Alaska a couple years ago we had an RV so it was easy, obviously, to bring our own supplies for meals & snacks for hiking. How can we do this in Yellowstone/GT? Or should we not plan on this at all and, then -- are there places to eat that we don't really need to make reservations for? Is the best place to pick up fruit/granola bars/whatever in Jackson before setting off? We would love to have a big bag of non-perishable groceries with us. I can imagine that whatever little stores there are in the parks -- and I'm only assuming there are some -- will be super-expensive?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seafood In Cannon Beach
- 2 Athletic Greens is among the most critical elements
- 3 Late night eating in Kauai
- 4 Florida Beach Hotel
- 5 Savannah in st patrick's weekend?
- 6 Phoneix - The City of Sunshine
- 7 Considering a vacation in Texas this year
- 8 Sarasota, Florida, good value hotels
- 9 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 10 Inn at Cocoa Beach Hotel
- 11 Alaska independent tour for group
- 12 Hamilton Broadway
- 13 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 14 Texas area with nature AND proximity to a city?
- 15 Washington DC with kids
- 16 My road trip through southern US.
- 17 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 18 Florida Nature Trip
- 19 help from a true New Yorker.
- 20 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 21 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 22 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 23 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 24 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 25 Safety Concerns
Where to pick up groceries/supplies before entering Y-stone/GT
Good morning all --