Good morning all --
My DH and I are belatedly starting to plan the details of our trip to Yellowstone & Grand Tetons, Sept. 19-29. We got all the flights & hotels & rental car squared away in February and then life just got tremendously busy and we stopped thinking about it. Now that the trip is less than 2 months away we are starting to think maybe we should get moving on this ...
We are staying a couple nights at the Old Faithful Inn and have made a reservation in their dining room for dinner one of the nights. But that's all we've got. When we are out hiking, we're mostly pasta/pizza/salad/burger types (I'm a vegetarian so no burgers for me). When we were in Alaska a couple years ago we had an RV so it was easy, obviously, to bring our own supplies for meals & snacks for hiking. How can we do this in Yellowstone/GT? Or should we not plan on this at all and, then -- are there places to eat that we don't really need to make reservations for? Is the best place to pick up fruit/granola bars/whatever in Jackson before setting off? We would love to have a big bag of non-perishable groceries with us. I can imagine that whatever little stores there are in the parks -- and I'm only assuming there are some -- will be super-expensive?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Where to pick up groceries/supplies before entering Y-stone/GT
Good morning all --
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 2 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 3 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 4 Transportation from MCO to Port Canaveral
- 5 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 6 10 day trip
- 7 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 8 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 9 Utah restaurants
- 10 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 11 Another Trip to DC for baseball!
- 12 Another Perfect Visit to Paradise: Kauai
- 13 looking for beautiful gardens suggestions in early April
- 14 Ride Share DEN to CB 3/18
- 15 Venice tourist travel pass
- 16 Crossville, TN in March
- 17 SXSW an issue?: 4 Days In Austin 8-11
- 18 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 19 Resort at the Mountain - It's Running a Rate Special
- 20 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston
- 21 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 22 need help planning a trip to Grand Hotel/Mackinac Island, MI
- 23 Short Road Trip California Arizona – Less than a week
- 24 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 25 Help with road trip - San Fran to Whister