Good morning all --
My DH and I are belatedly starting to plan the details of our trip to Yellowstone & Grand Tetons, Sept. 19-29. We got all the flights & hotels & rental car squared away in February and then life just got tremendously busy and we stopped thinking about it. Now that the trip is less than 2 months away we are starting to think maybe we should get moving on this ...
We are staying a couple nights at the Old Faithful Inn and have made a reservation in their dining room for dinner one of the nights. But that's all we've got. When we are out hiking, we're mostly pasta/pizza/salad/burger types (I'm a vegetarian so no burgers for me). When we were in Alaska a couple years ago we had an RV so it was easy, obviously, to bring our own supplies for meals & snacks for hiking. How can we do this in Yellowstone/GT? Or should we not plan on this at all and, then -- are there places to eat that we don't really need to make reservations for? Is the best place to pick up fruit/granola bars/whatever in Jackson before setting off? We would love to have a big bag of non-perishable groceries with us. I can imagine that whatever little stores there are in the parks -- and I'm only assuming there are some -- will be super-expensive?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 2 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 3 Northwest Car Trip
- 4 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 5 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 6 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 7 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 8 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 9 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 10 Northwest Passage
- 11 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 12 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 13 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 14 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 15 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 16 Sonoma
- 17 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 18 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 19 Alaska cruise
- 20 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 21 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 22 101 closure
- 23 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 24 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 25 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
Where to pick up groceries/supplies before entering Y-stone/GT
Good morning all --