Good morning all --
My DH and I are belatedly starting to plan the details of our trip to Yellowstone & Grand Tetons, Sept. 19-29. We got all the flights & hotels & rental car squared away in February and then life just got tremendously busy and we stopped thinking about it. Now that the trip is less than 2 months away we are starting to think maybe we should get moving on this ...
We are staying a couple nights at the Old Faithful Inn and have made a reservation in their dining room for dinner one of the nights. But that's all we've got. When we are out hiking, we're mostly pasta/pizza/salad/burger types (I'm a vegetarian so no burgers for me). When we were in Alaska a couple years ago we had an RV so it was easy, obviously, to bring our own supplies for meals & snacks for hiking. How can we do this in Yellowstone/GT? Or should we not plan on this at all and, then -- are there places to eat that we don't really need to make reservations for? Is the best place to pick up fruit/granola bars/whatever in Jackson before setting off? We would love to have a big bag of non-perishable groceries with us. I can imagine that whatever little stores there are in the parks -- and I'm only assuming there are some -- will be super-expensive?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Where to pick up groceries/supplies before entering Y-stone/GT
Good morning all --
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 2 Best places to move to Florida?
- 3 West Coast Bound End of March
- 4 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 5 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 6 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 7 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 8 Oahu ideas
- 9 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 10 Key Largo, FL
- 11 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 12 Death Valley in June
- 13 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 14 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 15 San Diego grocery stores
- 16 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 17 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 18 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 19 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 20 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 21 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 22 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 23 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 24 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 25 Huntington Beach - hostels?