Good morning all --
My DH and I are belatedly starting to plan the details of our trip to Yellowstone & Grand Tetons, Sept. 19-29. We got all the flights & hotels & rental car squared away in February and then life just got tremendously busy and we stopped thinking about it. Now that the trip is less than 2 months away we are starting to think maybe we should get moving on this ...
We are staying a couple nights at the Old Faithful Inn and have made a reservation in their dining room for dinner one of the nights. But that's all we've got. When we are out hiking, we're mostly pasta/pizza/salad/burger types (I'm a vegetarian so no burgers for me). When we were in Alaska a couple years ago we had an RV so it was easy, obviously, to bring our own supplies for meals & snacks for hiking. How can we do this in Yellowstone/GT? Or should we not plan on this at all and, then -- are there places to eat that we don't really need to make reservations for? Is the best place to pick up fruit/granola bars/whatever in Jackson before setting off? We would love to have a big bag of non-perishable groceries with us. I can imagine that whatever little stores there are in the parks -- and I'm only assuming there are some -- will be super-expensive?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Where to pick up groceries/supplies before entering Y-stone/GT
Good morning all --
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 2 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 3 Boston area -- nature
- 4 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 5 4 week family trip ideas
- 6 General Utah planning questions
- 7 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 8 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 9 California & French Polynesia
- 10 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 11 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 12 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 13 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 14 SFO black friday traffic
- 15 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 16 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 17 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 18 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 19 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 20 Dining in Manhattan
- 21 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 22 American Honeymoon in March
- 23 How to dress in Vegas
- 24 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 25 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?