Good morning all --
My DH and I are belatedly starting to plan the details of our trip to Yellowstone & Grand Tetons, Sept. 19-29. We got all the flights & hotels & rental car squared away in February and then life just got tremendously busy and we stopped thinking about it. Now that the trip is less than 2 months away we are starting to think maybe we should get moving on this ...
We are staying a couple nights at the Old Faithful Inn and have made a reservation in their dining room for dinner one of the nights. But that's all we've got. When we are out hiking, we're mostly pasta/pizza/salad/burger types (I'm a vegetarian so no burgers for me). When we were in Alaska a couple years ago we had an RV so it was easy, obviously, to bring our own supplies for meals & snacks for hiking. How can we do this in Yellowstone/GT? Or should we not plan on this at all and, then -- are there places to eat that we don't really need to make reservations for? Is the best place to pick up fruit/granola bars/whatever in Jackson before setting off? We would love to have a big bag of non-perishable groceries with us. I can imagine that whatever little stores there are in the parks -- and I'm only assuming there are some -- will be super-expensive?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 7 days in Colorado with Family
- 2 If you could have one meal in Vegas, what would it be?
- 3 Day Trip Reports? May/June
- 4 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 5 Taos area Spa or Resort Hotels
- 6 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 7 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 8 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 9 Visiting NYC - stay in Herlem or Jersey City?
- 10 Magazine St. and Garden District favorites
- 11 A quick trip to New Orleans - Dec 2010
- 12 large suitcase as carry-on on amtrak train
- 13 First Trip to New Orleans
- 14 Las Vegas Show Advice for Beatles Fan
- 15 Minneapolis to Yellowstone and back.
- 16 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 17 Off the beaten track in the deep south
- 18 How to break up trip between San Francisco and Laguna Niguel
- 19 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 20 Michigan advice needed
- 21 Nova Star
- 22 One day in Dallas
- 23 Best Colorado City?: hot summers, mild winters
- 24 Quick trip intp Manhattan from JFK
- 25 Yellowstone in the Winter
Where to pick up groceries/supplies before entering Y-stone/GT
Good morning all --