Good morning all --
My DH and I are belatedly starting to plan the details of our trip to Yellowstone & Grand Tetons, Sept. 19-29. We got all the flights & hotels & rental car squared away in February and then life just got tremendously busy and we stopped thinking about it. Now that the trip is less than 2 months away we are starting to think maybe we should get moving on this ...
We are staying a couple nights at the Old Faithful Inn and have made a reservation in their dining room for dinner one of the nights. But that's all we've got. When we are out hiking, we're mostly pasta/pizza/salad/burger types (I'm a vegetarian so no burgers for me). When we were in Alaska a couple years ago we had an RV so it was easy, obviously, to bring our own supplies for meals & snacks for hiking. How can we do this in Yellowstone/GT? Or should we not plan on this at all and, then -- are there places to eat that we don't really need to make reservations for? Is the best place to pick up fruit/granola bars/whatever in Jackson before setting off? We would love to have a big bag of non-perishable groceries with us. I can imagine that whatever little stores there are in the parks -- and I'm only assuming there are some -- will be super-expensive?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocating to the Deep South
- 2 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 3 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 4 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 5 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 6 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 7 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 8 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 9 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 10 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 11 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 12 south west family trip itinerary
- 13 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 14 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- 15 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 16 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 17 Adele saves Thanksgiving
- 18 wasting time around JFK
- 19 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 20 RV Roadtrip | Elkhart, IN to Middletown, NJ | Mid March 2016
- 21 outside adventure Las Vegas? Food too
- 22 SF Restaurant
- 23 Best cities with Mild winter temperatures
- 24 Charleston, Savannah, and Coast Itinerary <Feedback requested!>
- 25 Chicago-Family Reunion Ideas
Where to pick up groceries/supplies before entering Y-stone/GT
Good morning all --