Good morning all --
My DH and I are belatedly starting to plan the details of our trip to Yellowstone & Grand Tetons, Sept. 19-29. We got all the flights & hotels & rental car squared away in February and then life just got tremendously busy and we stopped thinking about it. Now that the trip is less than 2 months away we are starting to think maybe we should get moving on this ...
We are staying a couple nights at the Old Faithful Inn and have made a reservation in their dining room for dinner one of the nights. But that's all we've got. When we are out hiking, we're mostly pasta/pizza/salad/burger types (I'm a vegetarian so no burgers for me). When we were in Alaska a couple years ago we had an RV so it was easy, obviously, to bring our own supplies for meals & snacks for hiking. How can we do this in Yellowstone/GT? Or should we not plan on this at all and, then -- are there places to eat that we don't really need to make reservations for? Is the best place to pick up fruit/granola bars/whatever in Jackson before setting off? We would love to have a big bag of non-perishable groceries with us. I can imagine that whatever little stores there are in the parks -- and I'm only assuming there are some -- will be super-expensive?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotels in San Diego
- 2 San Diego Marriott Marquis or Omni?
- 3 Steamboat in August
- 4 Suggestions - summer day in New Haven
- 5 Cape cod Labor Day
- 6 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 7 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 8 Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion itinerary
- 9 Los Angeles and Beyond
- 10 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 11 Even Disney isn't Disney anymore
- 12 US Open Tennis
- 13 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 14 Hawaii with limited time
- 15 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 16 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 17 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 18 Grand Teton Questions
- 19 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 20 Your favourite places in New York City
- 21 Belmond Charleston, Mills House Wyndham or Spectator?
- 22 Trip Report: Charleston SC, Hilton Head, Savannah GA and Jekyll Island
- 23 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 24 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 25 One night one day in dallas accommodation
Where to pick up groceries/supplies before entering Y-stone/GT
Good morning all --