Good morning all --
My DH and I are belatedly starting to plan the details of our trip to Yellowstone & Grand Tetons, Sept. 19-29. We got all the flights & hotels & rental car squared away in February and then life just got tremendously busy and we stopped thinking about it. Now that the trip is less than 2 months away we are starting to think maybe we should get moving on this ...
We are staying a couple nights at the Old Faithful Inn and have made a reservation in their dining room for dinner one of the nights. But that's all we've got. When we are out hiking, we're mostly pasta/pizza/salad/burger types (I'm a vegetarian so no burgers for me). When we were in Alaska a couple years ago we had an RV so it was easy, obviously, to bring our own supplies for meals & snacks for hiking. How can we do this in Yellowstone/GT? Or should we not plan on this at all and, then -- are there places to eat that we don't really need to make reservations for? Is the best place to pick up fruit/granola bars/whatever in Jackson before setting off? We would love to have a big bag of non-perishable groceries with us. I can imagine that whatever little stores there are in the parks -- and I'm only assuming there are some -- will be super-expensive?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 https://gomusclebuilding.com/zygenx/
- 2 Novel in Progress
- 3 RV road trip from CA to Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
- 4 PRAY FOR THE LEG !!!
- 5 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 6 Driving from Chicago to Sacramento
- 7 Short Oregon Trip
- 8 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 9 New offer from Southwest for California residents
- 10 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 11 Trip for 2 to Colorado need ideas.
- 12 Another JFK to Manhattan Question
- 13 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 14 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- 15 Has anyone tried Car Wiz for rentals?
- 16 Short Notice
- 17 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 18 4 days in San Francisco
- 19 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 20 5 Days in Charleston and Savannah in December?
- 21 Pawley's Island, SC Favorite Restaurants?
- 22 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 23 Rental car between Providence, RI and Woodstock CT
- 24 Norris Geyser Basin - Yellowstone National Park
- 25 Another Great DC Trip
Where to pick up groceries/supplies before entering Y-stone/GT
Good morning all --