Good morning all --
My DH and I are belatedly starting to plan the details of our trip to Yellowstone & Grand Tetons, Sept. 19-29. We got all the flights & hotels & rental car squared away in February and then life just got tremendously busy and we stopped thinking about it. Now that the trip is less than 2 months away we are starting to think maybe we should get moving on this ...
We are staying a couple nights at the Old Faithful Inn and have made a reservation in their dining room for dinner one of the nights. But that's all we've got. When we are out hiking, we're mostly pasta/pizza/salad/burger types (I'm a vegetarian so no burgers for me). When we were in Alaska a couple years ago we had an RV so it was easy, obviously, to bring our own supplies for meals & snacks for hiking. How can we do this in Yellowstone/GT? Or should we not plan on this at all and, then -- are there places to eat that we don't really need to make reservations for? Is the best place to pick up fruit/granola bars/whatever in Jackson before setting off? We would love to have a big bag of non-perishable groceries with us. I can imagine that whatever little stores there are in the parks -- and I'm only assuming there are some -- will be super-expensive?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Where to pick up groceries/supplies before entering Y-stone/GT
Good morning all --
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 2 Union Square area restaurant
- 3 Good area to stay in for young (20-something) married couple?
- 4 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 5 New York Food Tours
- 6 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 7 Florida St George's Island
- 8 Richmond highlights?
- 9 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 10 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 11 Washington DC in Spring?
- 12 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 13 Arches National Park in a day
- 14 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 15 4 week family trip ideas
- 16 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 17 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 18 Looking for Next Destination
- 19 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 20 Broadway this week
- 21 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 22 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 23 What to do x5 days after Disneyworld for couple w/no kids.
- 24 Transportation: Clearwater airport to the coast
- 25 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014