Good morning all --
My DH and I are belatedly starting to plan the details of our trip to Yellowstone & Grand Tetons, Sept. 19-29. We got all the flights & hotels & rental car squared away in February and then life just got tremendously busy and we stopped thinking about it. Now that the trip is less than 2 months away we are starting to think maybe we should get moving on this ...
We are staying a couple nights at the Old Faithful Inn and have made a reservation in their dining room for dinner one of the nights. But that's all we've got. When we are out hiking, we're mostly pasta/pizza/salad/burger types (I'm a vegetarian so no burgers for me). When we were in Alaska a couple years ago we had an RV so it was easy, obviously, to bring our own supplies for meals & snacks for hiking. How can we do this in Yellowstone/GT? Or should we not plan on this at all and, then -- are there places to eat that we don't really need to make reservations for? Is the best place to pick up fruit/granola bars/whatever in Jackson before setting off? We would love to have a big bag of non-perishable groceries with us. I can imagine that whatever little stores there are in the parks -- and I'm only assuming there are some -- will be super-expensive?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 2 Day trips from Boston
- 3 Southern history- walkable cities
- 4 http://greencoffeesupremecleanseidea.com/noxitril-reviews/
- 5 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 6 What elements are in Lumella Eye Serum
- 7 http://www.try-nitricstorm.com/le-jeune-cream/
- 8 http://glycematefacts.com/thunder-rock-male-enhancement-scam/
- 9 RV'ing from Texas to Carolinas for the fall colors...
- 10 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 11 Scenic Drive - Rockland to Moosehead Lake?
- 12 Florida couples first trip to Maine
- 13 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 14 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 15 1st time RV trip from Georgia to Oregon
- 16 Los Angeles/Santa Monica -- how many days and where else?
- 17 Big Bend, McDonald Observatory, San Antonio and Austin in January
- 18 Amtrak Boston/New York
- 19 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 20 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 21 Suggestions Buffalo NY
- 22 new orleans french quarter hotels for "the ladies"
- 23 Cape Cod -ideas eats ,activity, ferry to BOS
- 24 West Virginia
- 25 Best Hotel
Where to pick up groceries/supplies before entering Y-stone/GT
Good morning all --