Good morning all --
My DH and I are belatedly starting to plan the details of our trip to Yellowstone & Grand Tetons, Sept. 19-29. We got all the flights & hotels & rental car squared away in February and then life just got tremendously busy and we stopped thinking about it. Now that the trip is less than 2 months away we are starting to think maybe we should get moving on this ...
We are staying a couple nights at the Old Faithful Inn and have made a reservation in their dining room for dinner one of the nights. But that's all we've got. When we are out hiking, we're mostly pasta/pizza/salad/burger types (I'm a vegetarian so no burgers for me). When we were in Alaska a couple years ago we had an RV so it was easy, obviously, to bring our own supplies for meals & snacks for hiking. How can we do this in Yellowstone/GT? Or should we not plan on this at all and, then -- are there places to eat that we don't really need to make reservations for? Is the best place to pick up fruit/granola bars/whatever in Jackson before setting off? We would love to have a big bag of non-perishable groceries with us. I can imagine that whatever little stores there are in the parks -- and I'm only assuming there are some -- will be super-expensive?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Where to pick up groceries/supplies before entering Y-stone/GT
Good morning all --
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Refining my California Itinerary
- 2 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 3 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 4 Las Vegas to San Francisco in October - best route
- 5 Portland Or is a foodie scene
- 6 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 7 Oregon Road Trip
- 8 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 9 St. Simon, Georgia
- 10 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 11 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 12 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 13 4 week family trip ideas
- 14 Christmas in TX
- 15 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 16 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 17 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 18 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 19 Ben Landa
- 20 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 21 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 22 Tucson area flooding
- 23 Road Trip: Niagara to New York Via Vermont
- 24 Storing luggage in Manhattan for a few hours
- 25 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale