Good morning all --
My DH and I are belatedly starting to plan the details of our trip to Yellowstone & Grand Tetons, Sept. 19-29. We got all the flights & hotels & rental car squared away in February and then life just got tremendously busy and we stopped thinking about it. Now that the trip is less than 2 months away we are starting to think maybe we should get moving on this ...
We are staying a couple nights at the Old Faithful Inn and have made a reservation in their dining room for dinner one of the nights. But that's all we've got. When we are out hiking, we're mostly pasta/pizza/salad/burger types (I'm a vegetarian so no burgers for me). When we were in Alaska a couple years ago we had an RV so it was easy, obviously, to bring our own supplies for meals & snacks for hiking. How can we do this in Yellowstone/GT? Or should we not plan on this at all and, then -- are there places to eat that we don't really need to make reservations for? Is the best place to pick up fruit/granola bars/whatever in Jackson before setting off? We would love to have a big bag of non-perishable groceries with us. I can imagine that whatever little stores there are in the parks -- and I'm only assuming there are some -- will be super-expensive?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Where to pick up groceries/supplies before entering Y-stone/GT
Good morning all --
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 2 Santa Fe-Best Time of Year to Visit
- 3 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 4 Road Trip From Dallas to RMNP through CO Springs.
- 5 San Fran to Crater Lake? round trip one week
- 6 Victoria Clipper to Friday Harbor/San Juan Islands
- 7 Looking for One night commutable to NYC (Solo)
- 8 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 9 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!
- 10 2 day in Adirondack park
- 11 Bienville Hotel or Le Marais in New Orleans French Quarter
- 12 A specific safety issue in Area Hell's Kitchen, 43th West Street
- 13 Question about a private tour in Florence from Livorno port
- 14 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 15 Itinerary suggestion needed for DC
- 16 Re-Visit DC
- 17 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 18 Places to stay in DC
- 19 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 20 Finger Lakes Itinerary Help
- 21 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 22 Please help me with my Minnesota itinerary
- 23 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 24 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 25 Staying in Hollywood or Santa Monica area?