Good morning all --
My DH and I are belatedly starting to plan the details of our trip to Yellowstone & Grand Tetons, Sept. 19-29. We got all the flights & hotels & rental car squared away in February and then life just got tremendously busy and we stopped thinking about it. Now that the trip is less than 2 months away we are starting to think maybe we should get moving on this ...
We are staying a couple nights at the Old Faithful Inn and have made a reservation in their dining room for dinner one of the nights. But that's all we've got. When we are out hiking, we're mostly pasta/pizza/salad/burger types (I'm a vegetarian so no burgers for me). When we were in Alaska a couple years ago we had an RV so it was easy, obviously, to bring our own supplies for meals & snacks for hiking. How can we do this in Yellowstone/GT? Or should we not plan on this at all and, then -- are there places to eat that we don't really need to make reservations for? Is the best place to pick up fruit/granola bars/whatever in Jackson before setting off? We would love to have a big bag of non-perishable groceries with us. I can imagine that whatever little stores there are in the parks -- and I'm only assuming there are some -- will be super-expensive?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 2 2 months in Hawaii!
- 3 Lake George
- 4 Grand Canyon - South or East entrance?
- 5 Buying alcohol in New York & I.D.
- 6 November trip to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce
- 7 Nevada,utah, arizona trip report part one
- 8 Campground and Beach near Mystic, Ct
- 9 Utah, arizona part three
- 10 Nantucket for Columbus Weekend
- 11 Daytona Beach Hotel Help
- 12 Place to stay in Cocoa Beach
- 13 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 14 Yellowstone June 2014
- 15 Hotel/motel recom. for Cape Cod
- 16 Driving from West Glacier to Waterton
- 17 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning
- 18 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 19 utah, part 2
- 20 3 day cruise from Boston
- 21 Yosemite Visit
- 22 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 23 Need anniversary dinner in Boston
- 24 Seattle Hotels
- 25 Martha's Vineyard with the in-laws
Where to pick up groceries/supplies before entering Y-stone/GT
Good morning all --