Good morning all --
My DH and I are belatedly starting to plan the details of our trip to Yellowstone & Grand Tetons, Sept. 19-29. We got all the flights & hotels & rental car squared away in February and then life just got tremendously busy and we stopped thinking about it. Now that the trip is less than 2 months away we are starting to think maybe we should get moving on this ...
We are staying a couple nights at the Old Faithful Inn and have made a reservation in their dining room for dinner one of the nights. But that's all we've got. When we are out hiking, we're mostly pasta/pizza/salad/burger types (I'm a vegetarian so no burgers for me). When we were in Alaska a couple years ago we had an RV so it was easy, obviously, to bring our own supplies for meals & snacks for hiking. How can we do this in Yellowstone/GT? Or should we not plan on this at all and, then -- are there places to eat that we don't really need to make reservations for? Is the best place to pick up fruit/granola bars/whatever in Jackson before setting off? We would love to have a big bag of non-perishable groceries with us. I can imagine that whatever little stores there are in the parks -- and I'm only assuming there are some -- will be super-expensive?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 2 How many days in Grand Teton and Yellowstone?
- 3 Rattlesnake Ledge
- 4 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 5 Traveling Alone
- 6 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 7 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 8 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 9 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 10 Arizona in late January
- 11 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 12 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 13 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 14 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 15 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 16 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 17 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 18 Las Vegas Vacation
- 19 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 20 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 21 Fall Foliage Peak 2016 NW Arkansas?
- 22 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 23 Glacier National Park
- 24 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 25 Vegas with toddler twins
Where to pick up groceries/supplies before entering Y-stone/GT
Good morning all --