Good morning all --
My DH and I are belatedly starting to plan the details of our trip to Yellowstone & Grand Tetons, Sept. 19-29. We got all the flights & hotels & rental car squared away in February and then life just got tremendously busy and we stopped thinking about it. Now that the trip is less than 2 months away we are starting to think maybe we should get moving on this ...
We are staying a couple nights at the Old Faithful Inn and have made a reservation in their dining room for dinner one of the nights. But that's all we've got. When we are out hiking, we're mostly pasta/pizza/salad/burger types (I'm a vegetarian so no burgers for me). When we were in Alaska a couple years ago we had an RV so it was easy, obviously, to bring our own supplies for meals & snacks for hiking. How can we do this in Yellowstone/GT? Or should we not plan on this at all and, then -- are there places to eat that we don't really need to make reservations for? Is the best place to pick up fruit/granola bars/whatever in Jackson before setting off? We would love to have a big bag of non-perishable groceries with us. I can imagine that whatever little stores there are in the parks -- and I'm only assuming there are some -- will be super-expensive?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://quicksupplementfact.com/neurocet/
- 2 Best areas to stay from Dunedin to St Pete Beach?
- 3 Day trip suggestions from Frankenmuth
- 4 Trip Starting from New York
- 5 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 6 Mystic, Portland, Camden, Bar Harbor
- 7 Las vegas +21
- 8 July 4th fireworks in NYC
- 9 Your favourite places in New York City
- 10 Where to stay in Munising, MI?
- 11 Portland, Crater Lake and coast to LA
- 12 Nilichik Ak.
- 13 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 14 Best Brunswick Stew in Norfolk, Va
- 15 Grand Teton Questions
- 16 Gabfest in Fredericksburg VA
- 17 Bodega Bay with young kids
- 18 Grand American Road Trip!
- 19 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 20 Santa Cruz and down the coast.
- 21 Rules of the Subway
- 22 Grand Teton Questuons
- 23 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 24 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 25 Visiting Seattle and Vancouver, BC in August, 2016
Where to pick up groceries/supplies before entering Y-stone/GT
Good morning all --