Good morning all --
My DH and I are belatedly starting to plan the details of our trip to Yellowstone & Grand Tetons, Sept. 19-29. We got all the flights & hotels & rental car squared away in February and then life just got tremendously busy and we stopped thinking about it. Now that the trip is less than 2 months away we are starting to think maybe we should get moving on this ...
We are staying a couple nights at the Old Faithful Inn and have made a reservation in their dining room for dinner one of the nights. But that's all we've got. When we are out hiking, we're mostly pasta/pizza/salad/burger types (I'm a vegetarian so no burgers for me). When we were in Alaska a couple years ago we had an RV so it was easy, obviously, to bring our own supplies for meals & snacks for hiking. How can we do this in Yellowstone/GT? Or should we not plan on this at all and, then -- are there places to eat that we don't really need to make reservations for? Is the best place to pick up fruit/granola bars/whatever in Jackson before setting off? We would love to have a big bag of non-perishable groceries with us. I can imagine that whatever little stores there are in the parks -- and I'm only assuming there are some -- will be super-expensive?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Where to pick up groceries/supplies before entering Y-stone/GT
Good morning all --
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ackislander
- 2 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 3 Jason Lapene - Best Visiting place for holidays
- 4 Road trip in Arizona/Nevada/Utah - 9 days /end of Feb 15/ 4 adults & 1 baby
- 5 Accommodation in Los Angeles
- 6 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 7 The Tides in Laguna Beach
- 8 Northern California in February
- 9 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 10 Hoover Dam to Grand Canyon/Valley of Fire/Zion in May 2015
- 11 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 12 Cross Country RV Trip
- 13 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 14 Can you help my girlfriend and me with our itinerary?
- 15 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 16 Las Vegas to San Francisco - Kings Canyon or Sequoia National Park?
- 17 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 18 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 19 New England September
- 20 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 21 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 22 California
- 23 Trip to Memphis and Nashville
- 24 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 25 which river tour out of Haines, Alaska?