Good morning all --
My DH and I are belatedly starting to plan the details of our trip to Yellowstone & Grand Tetons, Sept. 19-29. We got all the flights & hotels & rental car squared away in February and then life just got tremendously busy and we stopped thinking about it. Now that the trip is less than 2 months away we are starting to think maybe we should get moving on this ...
We are staying a couple nights at the Old Faithful Inn and have made a reservation in their dining room for dinner one of the nights. But that's all we've got. When we are out hiking, we're mostly pasta/pizza/salad/burger types (I'm a vegetarian so no burgers for me). When we were in Alaska a couple years ago we had an RV so it was easy, obviously, to bring our own supplies for meals & snacks for hiking. How can we do this in Yellowstone/GT? Or should we not plan on this at all and, then -- are there places to eat that we don't really need to make reservations for? Is the best place to pick up fruit/granola bars/whatever in Jackson before setting off? We would love to have a big bag of non-perishable groceries with us. I can imagine that whatever little stores there are in the parks -- and I'm only assuming there are some -- will be super-expensive?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Where to pick up groceries/supplies before entering Y-stone/GT
Good morning all --
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 2 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 3 los angeles restaurants
- 4 Anyone there to help me!
- 5 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 6 Tipping advice
- 7 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 8 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 9 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 10 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 11 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 12 Help me plan a trip to Nashville and Memphis.
- 13 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 14 Calf trip
- 15 Trip to Jupiter, FL
- 16 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 17 West Maui Restaurants
- 18 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 19 Napa/Sonoma hotel confusion...please help
- 20 Key West Hotel in January
- 21 New Orleans Trip Report - Dec. 2014
- 22 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 23 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 24 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 25 4 week family trip ideas