Good morning all --
My DH and I are belatedly starting to plan the details of our trip to Yellowstone & Grand Tetons, Sept. 19-29. We got all the flights & hotels & rental car squared away in February and then life just got tremendously busy and we stopped thinking about it. Now that the trip is less than 2 months away we are starting to think maybe we should get moving on this ...
We are staying a couple nights at the Old Faithful Inn and have made a reservation in their dining room for dinner one of the nights. But that's all we've got. When we are out hiking, we're mostly pasta/pizza/salad/burger types (I'm a vegetarian so no burgers for me). When we were in Alaska a couple years ago we had an RV so it was easy, obviously, to bring our own supplies for meals & snacks for hiking. How can we do this in Yellowstone/GT? Or should we not plan on this at all and, then -- are there places to eat that we don't really need to make reservations for? Is the best place to pick up fruit/granola bars/whatever in Jackson before setting off? We would love to have a big bag of non-perishable groceries with us. I can imagine that whatever little stores there are in the parks -- and I'm only assuming there are some -- will be super-expensive?
Thanks for any help you can give.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 My Bucket List Retirement Trip
- 2 Rose Parade Novice
- 3 Nantucket for Columbus Weekend
- 4 Buying alcohol in New York & I.D.
- 5 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 6 Rail from New York to Washington, D.C.
- 7 2 months in Hawaii!
- 8 Martha's Vineyard with the in-laws
- 9 NY to North Carolina family road trip in August
- 10 White House Tours To Allow Photos
- 11 Road trip from DC to NYC--help with itinerary?
- 12 Annapolis to Boston
- 13 Road Trip
- 14 Help tweak my Colorado itinerary
- 15 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 16 Need anniversary dinner in Boston
- 17 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 18 New OAK-Coliseum Shuttle -- Cost?
- 19 Ticket to Matilda on 7/16, NYC
- 20 Seattle to Portland- ideas for places to stay?
- 21 HELP with ITINERARY for trip to Carmell/Central Coast with kids
- 22 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 23 Trailing of the Sheep Festival
- 24 Maui hotel for 20 somethings...
- 25 Does anyone know the hotel in Maui...
Where to pick up groceries/supplies before entering Y-stone/GT
Good morning all --