My husband and I are traveling by car from Buffalo NY to Asheville NC in early October to meet up with some college friends. We will be spending a night/day in Blowing Rock on Day 1 and then will be spending 4 nights in Asheville in a rented house just outside of town. I'm looking for a destination for 3-4 nights before returning to Buffalo. I thought about going to the ocean but have changed my mind. Any ideas on where to continue our trip? Would be willing to drive as far as Nashville. We are in our 50's and enjoy small quaint towns with nice shopping, restaurants, scenery and hiking as well as cities. Am open to suggestions as to where to stay ($200 per night budget) as well as activities, restaurants, etc. Thanks in advance for your help.
Where to go in NC or Tennessee after Asheville early October
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Connecticut River Byway
- 2 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 3 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 4 Boston/Salem with kids
- 5 San Diego farmer's markets
- 6 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 7 Ogunquit Family Get Together
- 8 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 9 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 10 Road Trip SW
- 11 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 12 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 13 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 14 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 15 Vacation trip to Portland, OR,
- 16 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 17 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 18 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 19 drive from SF to crater lake
- 20 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 21 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 22 moving to florida
- 23 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 24 Hotel near Miami airport
- 25 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?