My husband and I are traveling by car from Buffalo NY to Asheville NC in early October to meet up with some college friends. We will be spending a night/day in Blowing Rock on Day 1 and then will be spending 4 nights in Asheville in a rented house just outside of town. I'm looking for a destination for 3-4 nights before returning to Buffalo. I thought about going to the ocean but have changed my mind. Any ideas on where to continue our trip? Would be willing to drive as far as Nashville. We are in our 50's and enjoy small quaint towns with nice shopping, restaurants, scenery and hiking as well as cities. Am open to suggestions as to where to stay ($200 per night budget) as well as activities, restaurants, etc. Thanks in advance for your help.
Where to go in NC or Tennessee after Asheville early October
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yellowstone Dining
- 2 Alaska Cruise: Coral Princess or Norwegian sun?
- 3 Daytona Beach and ??
- 4 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 5 Alaska- Best tours
- 6 Things to do around New York
- 7 Cape cod and Acadia
- 8 Coronado Ferry
- 9 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 10 First visit in New Mexico
- 11 SC/GA/FL Coastal City Questions & Insect Issues
- 12 Grand Marais?
- 13 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 14 Maine in latter half of September
- 15 Full moon night in Mansarovar Lake on 02 June 2015 (Purnima)
- 16 WEST YELLOWSTONE TO GLACIER NP?
- 17 Hotels near beach orange county
- 18 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 19 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 20 Have you ever heard of a place called Page, Arz?
- 21 Washington and oregon help with itinerary
- 22 Colorado trip in early May
- 23 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 24 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 25 Seattle hotels