My husband and I are traveling by car from Buffalo NY to Asheville NC in early October to meet up with some college friends. We will be spending a night/day in Blowing Rock on Day 1 and then will be spending 4 nights in Asheville in a rented house just outside of town. I'm looking for a destination for 3-4 nights before returning to Buffalo. I thought about going to the ocean but have changed my mind. Any ideas on where to continue our trip? Would be willing to drive as far as Nashville. We are in our 50's and enjoy small quaint towns with nice shopping, restaurants, scenery and hiking as well as cities. Am open to suggestions as to where to stay ($200 per night budget) as well as activities, restaurants, etc. Thanks in advance for your help.
Where to go in NC or Tennessee after Asheville early October
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from Las Vegas to Santa Fe - A few questions.
- 2 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 3 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 4 Getaway
- 5 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 6 Yosemite Lodging
- 7 Temecula Winery Tours
- 8 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 9 Fairbanks Alaska
- 10 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 11 Worst Restaurants in America
- 12 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 13 What's new on Maui?
- 14 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 15 Washington DC and Philadelphia
- 16 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 17 Jensen Beach - Vistana Beach Club
- 18 Broadway choices
- 19 Question About Sealodge
- 20 Colorado aspen updates
- 21 New England Skiing
- 22 4 week family trip ideas
- 23 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 24 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 25 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale