My husband and I are traveling by car from Buffalo NY to Asheville NC in early October to meet up with some college friends. We will be spending a night/day in Blowing Rock on Day 1 and then will be spending 4 nights in Asheville in a rented house just outside of town. I'm looking for a destination for 3-4 nights before returning to Buffalo. I thought about going to the ocean but have changed my mind. Any ideas on where to continue our trip? Would be willing to drive as far as Nashville. We are in our 50's and enjoy small quaint towns with nice shopping, restaurants, scenery and hiking as well as cities. Am open to suggestions as to where to stay ($200 per night budget) as well as activities, restaurants, etc. Thanks in advance for your help.
Where to go in NC or Tennessee after Asheville early October
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cross Country RV Trip
- 2 Adventure Seeker/Artist in Seattle
- 3 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 4 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 5 Ackislander
- 6 Northern California in February
- 7 Universal Orlando
- 8 Park Central Hotel via Priceline uh-oh
- 9 Scottsdale Mexican Restaurant Near Omni Scottsdale
- 10 Where should a coffee drinker worship in NYC?
- 11 Roadtrip in the deep south in August?
- 12 California
- 13 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 14 Portsmouth NH without a car
- 15 East Coast Summer Vacation Destination
- 16 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 17 Sunday jazz brunch & weekday afternoon tea recs?
- 18 Florida or caribbean
- 19 Baby Boomer Road Trip
- 20 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 21 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 22 Deep South sept 2015
- 23 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 24 Winter trip over the holiday season
- 25 New England September