My husband and I are traveling by car from Buffalo NY to Asheville NC in early October to meet up with some college friends. We will be spending a night/day in Blowing Rock on Day 1 and then will be spending 4 nights in Asheville in a rented house just outside of town. I'm looking for a destination for 3-4 nights before returning to Buffalo. I thought about going to the ocean but have changed my mind. Any ideas on where to continue our trip? Would be willing to drive as far as Nashville. We are in our 50's and enjoy small quaint towns with nice shopping, restaurants, scenery and hiking as well as cities. Am open to suggestions as to where to stay ($200 per night budget) as well as activities, restaurants, etc. Thanks in advance for your help.
Where to go in NC or Tennessee after Asheville early October
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 2 Philadelphia ?
- 3 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 4 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 5 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 6 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 7 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 8 late-night DC restaurant
- 9 Houston in September
- 10 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 11 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 12 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 13 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 14 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 15 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 16 El Paso to Kansas City via Texas
- 17 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 18 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 19 Seattle to Las Vegas Family Road Trip
- 20 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 21 Yellowstone Road Closures - Impact Old Faithful
- 22 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 23 Trip Report - 4 Days in Olympic National Park
- 24 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 25 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass