My husband and I are traveling by car from Buffalo NY to Asheville NC in early October to meet up with some college friends. We will be spending a night/day in Blowing Rock on Day 1 and then will be spending 4 nights in Asheville in a rented house just outside of town. I'm looking for a destination for 3-4 nights before returning to Buffalo. I thought about going to the ocean but have changed my mind. Any ideas on where to continue our trip? Would be willing to drive as far as Nashville. We are in our 50's and enjoy small quaint towns with nice shopping, restaurants, scenery and hiking as well as cities. Am open to suggestions as to where to stay ($200 per night budget) as well as activities, restaurants, etc. Thanks in advance for your help.
Where to go in NC or Tennessee after Asheville early October
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 2 10 day trip
- 3 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 4 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 5 How safe would feel with the key in your front door overnight?
- 6 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 7 Maui - Haleakala
- 8 Condo Rental in Florida
- 9 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 10 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 11 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 12 planning a trip to US
- 13 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 14 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 15 Good local restaurants E30th St New York?
- 16 Waltham, MA to Boston-Logan Airport
- 17 http://testxtremefacts.com/progain-350/
- 18 Texas
- 19 Family Beach Vacation in December
- 20 Help with Grand Canyon trip in June
- 21 Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah National Parks trip advice
- 22 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 23 Transportation from MCO to Port Canaveral
- 24 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 25 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?