My 18 yo daughter and I will be in NYC for a week in mid-May. Looking to get out of the hustle and bustle of the city for a day to a cute/quaint New England type town where we can do some casual shopping, wandering and have a great lunch. Would like it to be 1-1.5 hr. max. by train (we will not have a car). A friend recommended Hudson, NY but it is more than 2 hours by train and appears to have mostly art galleries and antique shops which may not excite the daughter. Any other ideas??
Where to go from NYC for daytrip to cute "New England" type town?
- 1 Jackie’s Land and Sea Tours
- 2 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 3 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 4 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 5 Newport, RI Questions
- 6 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 7 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 8 Rafting Snake River early June?
- 9 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 10 Restaurant Recommendations in Salt Lake City Area
- 11 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 12 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 13 Using public transit in San Diego
- 14 Rafting trip on the Snake River (Tetons/Jackson Hole)
- 15 Seward to Anchorage
- 16 Little Rock, Arkansas, Clinton Library
- 17 Iteneray help: Santa Fe-Taos-Durango-Colorado Springs
- 18 Ackislander or others- restaurants in Nantucket in 2013
- 19 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 20 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 21 Boat hotel vacation for a few days in Midwest
- 22 Car trip from Seattle
- 23 New Orleans - Alligator Cheesecake???
- 24 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 25 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah