I'm planning a trip from Australia to the US with my family for 16 days in October and November this year. We've previously been to New York, Washington DC, LA, Boston and San Fran and I've been to New Orleans. I really loved New Orleans and want to spend more time in the South, so this time we've decided to concentrate on this area.
After some initial research we're thinking of going to Austin, San Antonio, New Orleans, Savannah and Charleston. I am conscious, however, of the fact that we would be missing out on Tennessee with this itinerary.
We love history, architecture, art, good food and wine, shopping, music and just generally absorbing the feel of new places.
I'm interested in learning about what towns/ cities others think are must-sees based on our interests and time frame and how long we need to spend in each place.
Thanks for your help!
Where to go for 16 days in Southern USA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 2 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 3 Universal studios/Orlando
- 4 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 5 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 6 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 7 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 8 USA with a 3 year old
- 9 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 10 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 11 NYC theatre broadway
- 12 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 13 First family ski trip
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 16 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 17 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 18 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 19 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 20 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 21 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 22 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 23 Wedding venue in NH
- 24 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 25 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle