I'm planning a trip from Australia to the US with my family for 16 days in October and November this year. We've previously been to New York, Washington DC, LA, Boston and San Fran and I've been to New Orleans. I really loved New Orleans and want to spend more time in the South, so this time we've decided to concentrate on this area.
After some initial research we're thinking of going to Austin, San Antonio, New Orleans, Savannah and Charleston. I am conscious, however, of the fact that we would be missing out on Tennessee with this itinerary.
We love history, architecture, art, good food and wine, shopping, music and just generally absorbing the feel of new places.
I'm interested in learning about what towns/ cities others think are must-sees based on our interests and time frame and how long we need to spend in each place.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nashville Public Transportation
- 2 http://a1healthbeautycare.com/maxtropin-reviews/
- 3 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 4 Florida Car Rental
- 5 Cape Cod visit in August
- 6 Best restaurant in Little Italy?
- 7 duty free question with connecting flights to US
- 8 Buying wine New York City
- 9 Portland, Or. to Seattle & Vancouver Canada and Back
- 10 Carmel- Tickle Pink
- 11 Denver to Rocky Mt Nat Park in august
- 12 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 13 BYOB in New York City
- 14 Week in Colorado
- 15 Where to visit driving through coast of Maine
- 16 Quick trip to New Mexico
- 17 Is this a new record for spam?
- 18 Ferry to Nantucket
- 19 Weekend trip wine-tasting on Long Island
- 20 route tips Ashland OR to Durango, Pasgosa Springs
- 21 GRAND CIRCLE 1 week RV/Campervan
- 22 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 23 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 24 Getting to Oneonta or Delhi, NY
- 25 Sedona to Vegas