I'm planning a trip from Australia to the US with my family for 16 days in October and November this year. We've previously been to New York, Washington DC, LA, Boston and San Fran and I've been to New Orleans. I really loved New Orleans and want to spend more time in the South, so this time we've decided to concentrate on this area.
After some initial research we're thinking of going to Austin, San Antonio, New Orleans, Savannah and Charleston. I am conscious, however, of the fact that we would be missing out on Tennessee with this itinerary.
We love history, architecture, art, good food and wine, shopping, music and just generally absorbing the feel of new places.
I'm interested in learning about what towns/ cities others think are must-sees based on our interests and time frame and how long we need to spend in each place.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 2 First Trip to Texas -
- 3 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 4 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 5 Road to Hana - tour company or on your own
- 6 New Hampshire
- 7 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 8 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 9 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 10 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 11 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 12 Beaches in Florida
- 13 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 14 Nashville Questions
- 15 Best stay, park & fly hotel near Boston Logan airport?
- 16 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 17 Downtown Chicago
- 18 Pittsburgh to New York City
- 19 Transportation from Lahaina to Kaanapali Westin
- 20 Charleston Hotel Question
- 21 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 22 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 23 Driving to Naples fl
- 24 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 25 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania