I'm planning a trip from Australia to the US with my family for 16 days in October and November this year. We've previously been to New York, Washington DC, LA, Boston and San Fran and I've been to New Orleans. I really loved New Orleans and want to spend more time in the South, so this time we've decided to concentrate on this area.
After some initial research we're thinking of going to Austin, San Antonio, New Orleans, Savannah and Charleston. I am conscious, however, of the fact that we would be missing out on Tennessee with this itinerary.
We love history, architecture, art, good food and wine, shopping, music and just generally absorbing the feel of new places.
I'm interested in learning about what towns/ cities others think are must-sees based on our interests and time frame and how long we need to spend in each place.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii Help
- 2 Yellowstone in early May
- 3 Looking for a restaurant! Oregon 101
- 4 Arizona on a whirlwind update
- 5 CHRISTMAS WEEK: NEW YORK STYLE
- 6 Wine Country
- 7 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 8 hotel shampoo and soap
- 9 Baltimore City: Some Flickr Photo Albums
- 10 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 11 Grand Hyatt Kauai-Why Not?
- 12 Renting a car with DWAI
- 13 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 14 San Francisco first visit.
- 15 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs
- 16 NYC: Milburn or Millenium Hilton
- 17 What time should we buy Liberty/Ellis Island tickets for?
- 18 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 19 Park City- handicapped
- 20 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 21 PLEASE HELP!!!! need beach in maui for not-so-strong swimmer....
- 22 Disney Wild Africa Trek
- 23 Boston (1/25-1/29), NYC (1/30-2/5)- theater, food, museum exhibits?
- 24 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 25 5 days in Central Florida--where to stay and what to see