I'm planning a trip from Australia to the US with my family for 16 days in October and November this year. We've previously been to New York, Washington DC, LA, Boston and San Fran and I've been to New Orleans. I really loved New Orleans and want to spend more time in the South, so this time we've decided to concentrate on this area.
After some initial research we're thinking of going to Austin, San Antonio, New Orleans, Savannah and Charleston. I am conscious, however, of the fact that we would be missing out on Tennessee with this itinerary.
We love history, architecture, art, good food and wine, shopping, music and just generally absorbing the feel of new places.
I'm interested in learning about what towns/ cities others think are must-sees based on our interests and time frame and how long we need to spend in each place.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 2 Parka in PA during February?
- 3 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 4 Restaurants in the San Francisco area
- 5 Back from the Big Easy
- 6 Border crossing
- 7 Cross country tips
- 8 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 9 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 10 Driving Alaska
- 11 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 12 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 13 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 14 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 15 Rental cars at Tampa cruiseport 3
- 16 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 17 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 18 Ideas for New York
- 19 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 20 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 21 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 22 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 23 IAH to HOU Questions
- 24 Jazzfest side trips
- 25 March in New Mexico