I'm planning a trip from Australia to the US with my family for 16 days in October and November this year. We've previously been to New York, Washington DC, LA, Boston and San Fran and I've been to New Orleans. I really loved New Orleans and want to spend more time in the South, so this time we've decided to concentrate on this area.
After some initial research we're thinking of going to Austin, San Antonio, New Orleans, Savannah and Charleston. I am conscious, however, of the fact that we would be missing out on Tennessee with this itinerary.
We love history, architecture, art, good food and wine, shopping, music and just generally absorbing the feel of new places.
I'm interested in learning about what towns/ cities others think are must-sees based on our interests and time frame and how long we need to spend in each place.
Thanks for your help!
Where to go for 16 days in Southern USA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington, DC to Boston
- 2 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 3 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 4 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 5 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 6 rain in Kauai
- 7 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 8 San Diego Trip Report
- 9 Drive from Lake Winnipesaukee to Portland, ME.
- 10 Meredith or Wolfeboro
- 11 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 12 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 13 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 16 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 17 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 18 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 19 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 20 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 21 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 22 Phoenix restaurants
- 23 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 24 Where to Go for Labor Day Weekend??
- 25 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?