I'm planning a trip from Australia to the US with my family for 16 days in October and November this year. We've previously been to New York, Washington DC, LA, Boston and San Fran and I've been to New Orleans. I really loved New Orleans and want to spend more time in the South, so this time we've decided to concentrate on this area.
After some initial research we're thinking of going to Austin, San Antonio, New Orleans, Savannah and Charleston. I am conscious, however, of the fact that we would be missing out on Tennessee with this itinerary.
We love history, architecture, art, good food and wine, shopping, music and just generally absorbing the feel of new places.
I'm interested in learning about what towns/ cities others think are must-sees based on our interests and time frame and how long we need to spend in each place.
Thanks for your help!
Where to go for 16 days in Southern USA
- 1 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 2 Cheap Hotel in NY
- 3 hello guys....
- 4 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 5 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 6 Chicago: Clark & Lake Street Subway Stop
- 7 Road Trip - Las Vegas, NV to Monterey, CA
- 8 Albuquerque to Denver
- 9 Central Coast of Maine in August
- 10 Itinerary Ideas for 2nd Trip to NYC ... without kids this time
- 11 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 12 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 13 New York-Texas Road Trip
- 14 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 15 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 16 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 17 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 18 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 19 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 20 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 21 Dulles Airport to Baltimore hotel
- 22 Michigan Beaches
- 23 Southwest Crawl: Colorado to Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 24 Middlebury vt quickie
- 25 STL Bucket List - College Student