I'm planning a trip from Australia to the US with my family for 16 days in October and November this year. We've previously been to New York, Washington DC, LA, Boston and San Fran and I've been to New Orleans. I really loved New Orleans and want to spend more time in the South, so this time we've decided to concentrate on this area.
After some initial research we're thinking of going to Austin, San Antonio, New Orleans, Savannah and Charleston. I am conscious, however, of the fact that we would be missing out on Tennessee with this itinerary.
We love history, architecture, art, good food and wine, shopping, music and just generally absorbing the feel of new places.
I'm interested in learning about what towns/ cities others think are must-sees based on our interests and time frame and how long we need to spend in each place.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to Spend Two Weeks in Florida in February
- 2 Reagan Library
- 3 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 4 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 5 Even Disney isn't Disney anymore
- 6 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 7 Northern California Fall itinerary help
- 8 Southern history- walkable cities
- 9 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 10 Any Cheaper way to fly into Jackson Hole?
- 11 New Software
- 12 MOAB NP
- 13 JFK-connection
- 14 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 15 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 16 10 days vacation in Maine
- 17 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 18 Honeymoon Lodging and Activites in Sonoma
- 19 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 20 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 21 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 22 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 23 san fransisco to crater lake
- 24 Family reunion ideas
- 25 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental