I'm planning a trip from Australia to the US with my family for 16 days in October and November this year. We've previously been to New York, Washington DC, LA, Boston and San Fran and I've been to New Orleans. I really loved New Orleans and want to spend more time in the South, so this time we've decided to concentrate on this area.
After some initial research we're thinking of going to Austin, San Antonio, New Orleans, Savannah and Charleston. I am conscious, however, of the fact that we would be missing out on Tennessee with this itinerary.
We love history, architecture, art, good food and wine, shopping, music and just generally absorbing the feel of new places.
I'm interested in learning about what towns/ cities others think are must-sees based on our interests and time frame and how long we need to spend in each place.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How many states have you been to?
- 2 http://supplementforehealthy.com/helix6-garcinia-cambogia/
- 3 USA, Trip to the south
- 4 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 5 Honeymoon out west.
- 6 SD card usage in multiple devices and formatting
- 7 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 8 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 9 Carmel Monterey
- 10 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 11 Big Sure in June
- 12 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 13 Santa Fe Itineray
- 14 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 15 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 16 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 17 Roadtrip July 2017
- 18 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 19 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 20 Yellowstone, Itinerary before
- 21 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 22 Retiring to Tucson
- 23 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 24 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 25 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help