I'm planning a trip from Australia to the US with my family for 16 days in October and November this year. We've previously been to New York, Washington DC, LA, Boston and San Fran and I've been to New Orleans. I really loved New Orleans and want to spend more time in the South, so this time we've decided to concentrate on this area.
After some initial research we're thinking of going to Austin, San Antonio, New Orleans, Savannah and Charleston. I am conscious, however, of the fact that we would be missing out on Tennessee with this itinerary.
We love history, architecture, art, good food and wine, shopping, music and just generally absorbing the feel of new places.
I'm interested in learning about what towns/ cities others think are must-sees based on our interests and time frame and how long we need to spend in each place.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California trip: Where to go after San Francisco?
- 2 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 3 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 4 3 day road trip from Las Vegas -Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion
- 5 TIPS - Pacific Coast Highway
- 6 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 7 Northern California Redwoods
- 8 Seaside, California
- 9 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 10 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 11 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 12 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 13 Denali
- 14 JFK Terminal 8
- 15 Off-season use of a car on Zion Scenic Drive
- 16 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 17 washington-blueridge parkway-myrtle beach
- 18 Maine in May?
- 19 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 20 Dinner Cruise down San Antonio River?
- 21 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 22 NYC Discounted Metropolitan Opera Tickets
- 23 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 24 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 25 Bed and Breakfast